OILERMAN vs IsntLifeFunny RB bet

OILERMAN

9 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Oh god no. This thread has brought so much (more) toxicity to this entire board over the year.

If it all stuck around in one thread that'd be cool but it was always bringing other threads down too.

I don't think you can blame this thread, the toxicity has been there pretty much since VY was drafted.  Last time I can recall this board being generally civil was in the late McNair years.  Back when Oman was afraid of nendzone so she kept his ego in check.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Somehow it feels like you are both losing the bet.

OMAN we get it,    you care more about your agenda than the titans success. 

Never mind the fact that Henry scored three of his four TDs last night (and at least 7 of his 9 TD's this season) on runs between the tackles.   Agendas and preconceived notions are far more important

Posted Images

Just now, imemtitan said:

I don't think you can blame this thread, the toxicity has been there pretty much since VY was drafted.  Last time I can recall this board being generally civil was in the late McNair years.  Back when Oman was afraid of nendzone so she kept his ego in check.

oh for sure, hence the more in parenthesis... I just don't like the fact that every other thread would just refer back to this bet.

The uncivility is fine and I don't mind it and it makes this board what it is, it just gets annoying that every thread had to be polluted by this.

Just now, Downtown said:

honestThe staff was still trying to force-feed Lewis until Henry made them look silly for their errors. 

They started the season with Henry as the starter, he lost that job on his own accord. Had he played well from the start he would have kept his job. 

I think Lewis def played too many snaps and became less effective but Henry didn't make anyone look silly, it was more like he saved his career. He was brutally honest about his own struggles 

2 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Oh god no. This thread has brought so much (more) toxicity to this entire board over the year.

If it all stuck around in one thread that'd be cool but it was always bringing other threads down too.

I agree that things became petty due to having a rooting interest in proving sides wrong as others were pushed to extremes to combat the other extreme.  It's the same with the extreme sides of Mariota.  The chuds of Crayola and Maker pollute and contaminate threads consistently.

I'm happy he figured it out.

Eddie George is the reason I became a Titans fan and it's shocking that Henry started to show similar fight and lateral quickness after the pep talk.

Hope it continues.

Edited by big2033

26 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

They started the season with Henry as the starter, he lost that job on his own accord. Had he played well from the start he would have kept his job. 

I think Lewis def played too many snaps and became less effective but Henry didn't make anyone look silly, it was more like he saved his career. He was brutally honest about his own struggles 

Oh, he definitely made Lewis look silly. It’s not like the two are independent thoughts. 

Also, MANY players are usually “brutally honest” about their struggles and their own play. Don’t act like Henry’s is some outlier. 

I love Henry & wanted him to be the starter since Opening Day last year. Sure he had some flaws but I just thought he was so big, so fast, that he was too unique not to feature. And he finally put it together to close out the year & show how awesome he can be. I'm pumped for next year.

That said, and maybe it's been mentioned a few times here, the OL was a totally different animal then it was the first 10 games or so. Kelly was a huge improvement over a clearly not a 100% Conklin, Lewan finished up with his best stretch of the year & Ben Jones has become a pretty nice center.

The TE's also did a 180. Pruitt was a monster blocker & Stocker picked it up as well. Pruitt is a real keeper.

9 hours ago, Face said:

I love Henry & wanted him to be the starter since Opening Day last year. Sure he had some flaws but I just thought he was so big, so fast, that he was too unique not to feature. And he finally put it together to close out the year & show how awesome he can be. I'm pumped for next year.

That said, and maybe it's been mentioned a few times here, the OL was a totally different animal then it was the first 10 games or so. Kelly was a huge improvement over a clearly not a 100% Conklin, Lewan finished up with his best stretch of the year & Ben Jones has become a pretty nice center.

The TE's also did a 180. Pruitt was a monster blocker & Stocker picked it up as well. Pruitt is a real keeper.

Give the kid some daylight and watch what happens. 

4 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Isn't it funny how the people screaming that Henry didn't make anyone look silly are all the same people that Henry made look the silliest?

Just like those saying that he has been that aggressive and running through people his whole career? It wasn't playoff KC, All the Jags games and whatever the follow up to Jacksonville that the blocking was finally adequate!!

17 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Just like those saying that he has been that aggressive and running through people his whole career? It wasn't playoff KC, All the Jags games and whatever the follow up to Jacksonville that the blocking was finally adequate!!

I've been saying since last year that if he gets blocking he will produce. This isn't anything new.I'm open to the idea that Henry made some changes but I still maintain that those changes would have yielded little to no production if the OL situation didn't improve. The runs where the blocking wasn't there during his great run looked very similar to the ones before the bye. Either way, it's tough to look silly when your analysis of a situation turns out to be more on point than the people disagreeing with you. Before the season, I said Henry would end the year with about 1,000 yards and 8 TDs. The people on the other side of that predicted he'd end up riding the bench because Lewis would expose how much he sucks. But yeah, you're totally right, it was me who was WAY off...

Edited by Mythos27