Sign in to follow this  
Rolltide

Tua Tagovailoa====More Bama dominance.

Rolltide   

I can't remember when a guy who had not started a single college game was the odds on favorite to win the Heisman. He is the 4-1 favorite to do that. A QB on a Nick Saban team is the favorite to win the Heisman?

So what are the early returns? Bama opposition is fucked! 

Tua was 12-16 for 227 yards(That's 14 yards an attempt), 2 Tds no turnovers. Also rushed for a TD.  They were simply unstoppable when he was in there. His passing rating was 235!

Edited by Rolltide

Number9   
4 hours ago, Rolltide said:

I can't remember when a guy who had not started a single college game was the odds on favorite to win the Heisman. He is the 4-1 favorite to do that. A QB on a Nick Saben team is the favorite to win the Heisman?

So what are the early returns? Bama opposition is fucked! 

Tua was 12-16 for 227 yards(That's 14 yards an attempt), 2 Tds no turnovers. Also rushed for a TD.  They were simply unstoppable when he was in there. His passing rating was 235!

SMH.  As a TN fan, wtf else can you do.  

I'm actually pulling for Tua.  He's a great story.  A freshman walks in off the bench in the championship of college football game and quarterbacks his team to a comeback to win the BCS Championship.  If you made that up in a movie, people would say,  "nice movie, never happen in real life."  Yep, he ought to be the favorite.  That WVU QB got a garbage TD on us trying to pad his stats.  Tua has real stats.

Alabama's program and fans sold their soul to the devil to get Nick Saban.  Drink plenty of ice tea now.

8MM   

I hate Saban before now I despise him for the way he's handling the QB situation.  Everyone knows who's the better QB yet Saban chooses to play games with Tua.  How I wish Tua would give Saban the middle finger and transfer to somewhere else like Auburn.  That would be the greatest burn. 

I hate to admit it but Tua is a better QB than Mariota.  Now I watch Bama just to watch Tua.  Bama gets the easiest schedule too.

Number9   
On 9/3/2018 at 8:18 PM, 8MM said:

I hate to admit it but Tua is a better QB than Mariota.

I noticed you said this before.  I think we have to wait and see on Tua.  He's new in the conference.  He also plays on a team that's superior to every opponent at almost every position and every game.  Tua is 6'1".  Can he do as well as Mariota in the league?  Marcus had a fantastic college career  I like Tua a lot.  I wish he played for TN, but don't dump your idol for him yet.

8MM   
18 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I noticed you said this before.  I think we have to wait and see on Tua.  He's new in the conference.  He also plays on a team that's superior to every opponent at almost every position and every game.  Tua is 6'1".  Can he do as well as Mariota in the league?  Marcus had a fantastic college career  I like Tua a lot.  I wish he played for TN, but don't dump your idol for him yet.

Marcus will always be #1 in my book but when I watch Tua play, he does things so far in advance.  Beyond what Marcus did in college.  His only knock is his height.  I hope it doesn't go to Tua's head too.  He might not be as grounded and humble as Marcus is.

Listen to Orlovsky's statement of Tua.  It is obviously over reaction but it's incredible. 

Number9   
4 hours ago, 8MM said:

Marcus will always be #1 in my book but when I watch Tua play, he does things so far in advance.  Beyond what Marcus did in college.  His only knock is his height.  I hope it doesn't go to Tua's head too.  He might not be as grounded and humble as Marcus is.

Listen to Orlovsky's statement of Tua.  It is obviously over reaction but it's incredible. 

That's some high praise!

Soxcat   

Sucks that Bama will be winning more championships while the kid is there.  I just hope he jumps to the NFL as soon as possible.

Rolltide   
On 9/6/2018 at 6:17 AM, Soxcat said:

Sucks that Bama will be winning more championships while the kid is there.  I just hope he jumps to the NFL as soon as possible.

Then his little brother takes over. 

Already verbally committed. Will be enrolling in January. 

Rolltide   

Bama does have a nice schedule this year but does it really matter? They were lucky to get Louisville after Lamar Jackson left but Bama always wins that first game no matter who they play.

They get Missouri from the east instead of Florida or Georgia. The SEC west might not be quite as good top to bottom but it always comes down to LSU and Auburn.  They have to play Georgia if they get to the SEC championship. Nothing easy about that. 

8MM   

It's a travesty of an easy schedule for the championship winning team.  It shouldn't be allowed to play easy teams like Arkansas St.  They should be playing Ohio St., Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Penn St. etc.

On 9/13/2018 at 1:36 AM, 8MM said:

It's a travesty of an easy schedule for the championship winning team.  It shouldn't be allowed to play easy teams like Arkansas St.  They should be playing Ohio St., Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Penn St. etc.

No one who gets any money from college football wants that though. The last thing any person making a profit off the sport wants is some lesser followed team get a chance because the powerhouses get a loss from good games during the season

8MM   
13 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

No one who gets any money from college football wants that though. The last thing any person making a profit off the sport wants is some lesser followed team get a chance because the powerhouses get a loss from good games during the season

I know that well but it's still a travesty.  If a non power conference team plays those crappy team they move down in the polls.

ap24786   
On 9/3/2018 at 8:18 PM, 8MM said:

I hate Saban before now I despise him for the way he's handling the QB situation.  Everyone knows who's the better QB yet Saban chooses to play games with Tua.  How I wish Tua would give Saban the middle finger and transfer to somewhere else like Auburn.  That would be the greatest burn. 

I hate to admit it but Tua is a better QB than Mariota.  Now I watch Bama just to watch Tua.  Bama gets the easiest schedule too.

I have no idea what's been happening lately, but prime Mariota was something special. Tua looked up to him. Now Tua may have already passed him. I think injuries have derailed Marcus' career. 

Rolltide   
On 9/13/2018 at 1:36 AM, 8MM said:

So the SEC sucks now? A&M has a national championship coach but they suck?

The three teams Bama has played have not lost a game to anybody else. 

People were talking about how Ole Miss had one of the elite offenses in the country with one of the elite QBs. Bama holds them to 7 points and now they suck.