Sign in to follow this  
JakePA_Titan

For the "Lonzo is a bust" folk

I don't think Ball is a bust by any means but any award especially ROTY is a joke, you've made that VERY clear.

You've also made it extremely clear that the only reason that Brogdon won it was because every other candidate was injured or didn't see the court too much, you've said multiple times that he basically was just handed it by default (which he was, no denying that) because he actually got some PT.

And yes, of course I'd rather have Ball than Brogdon.

6 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I don't think Ball is a bust by any means but any award especially ROTY is a joke, you've made that VERY clear.

Moat individual awards have become that, yes. But this has less to do with the award as it does with ppls line of thinking that Ball is a bust. 

You've also made it extremely clear that the only reason that Brogdon won it was because every other candidate was injured or didn't see the court too much, you've said multiple times that he basically was just handed it by default (which he was, no denying that) because he actually got some PT.

After doing some research, because I wasn't too informed about all of the potential candidates. You could probably argue Saric was more deserving. Outside of him, it was injuries or underachievers that allowed him to come close.

And yes, of course I'd rather have Ball than Brogdon.

Anyone should. 

But this was just for those that called him a bust. Whether just to get a reaction or because they really meant it.

Edited by JakePA_Titan

22 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

So that last statistic is meaningless? Would you rather have a guy who shoots 46% or 36%? He may not be a bust, but he can't shoot for shit.

Neither can Simmons, Lonzo actually shoots better outside of the paint.

But let me take a wild guess on which you'd rather have...

I'd rather have a guy that shoots 45%, but when you add the extra 4 assists (8+ more points created), the increased steals and more blocks, plus the willingness to rebound, I'll take the -8 shooting %.

Funny how you were all over Beverleys nuts when he waa a Rocket. His third year in HOU he shot 38%, had 4 rbg, and 3apg. He shot 2% better than Lonzo. Big whoop.

Lonzo also averaged more points, assists, rebounds, steals, and blocks. As a rookie, without a premiere player in Harden or a 7 foot athletic C in Capela.

But boy did your ass like you some Patrick Beverley before he was traded.

Now, go quote me in another thread and run away from this one like you like to do....

On 8/31/2018 at 7:51 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

But boy did your ass like you some Patrick Beverley before he was traded.

And you didn't? Let's just see if your boy Lonzo can ever be just half the defender that Beverley is. I highly doubt he ever will be.

My opinion of Beverley hasn't changed a bit since he went to the Clippers. The one thing he and Lonzo do have in common is durability (or lack thereof).

14 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

And you didn't? Let's just see if your boy Lonzo can ever be just half the defender that Beverley is. I highly doubt he ever will be.

Stop being a hater cuz it makes you look completely fucking retarded.

Seriously....

Using ESPN’s defensive real plus-minus, Ball finished the season ranked No. 3 overall among point guards with a positive score of plus-2.25, ahead of acclaimed defensive stalwarts like Jrue Holiday, Ricky Rubio and Marcus Smart. Granted, Ball played in only 52 games this season, but when he was on the floor he showed all the ways he could impact a game on the defensive end

Ball’s 43 blocks in less than 60 games are the most blocks by any rookie during that span since Vince Carter in 1999, per basketball-reference.com

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/4/17/17236218/la-lakers-news-lonzo-ball-all-nba-defense-in-rookie-season

Ball also averaged more steals in his rookie year (1.7) than did Beverly in his rookie year. His 1.7 blocks ties Beverly for his best year which was this past year. And his nunbers are inflated due to only playing 11 games... 

Ball is and will be 10x the player Beverely could dream of being. 

14 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

My opinion of Beverley hasn't changed a bit since he went to the Clippers. The one thing he and Lonzo do have in common is durability (or lack thereof).

Funny.

You know what's even funnier? You can say that about Paul.

But he is making about 130 million more dollars than those two.

Oops.

5 minutes ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Is Lonzo Ball even a starter anymore? Maybe he can compete with Melo for the Sixth Man of the Year Award? Probably not.

He will be. I mean, he is coming off surgery and really isn't in game shape.

Plays a factor. Go ask these homer ass titans fans how long they gave Mariota a pass for his injury from the prior year.

Lonzo isn't even 2 months removed from surgery. If it's been a month yet.

They'd be dumb to automatically insert him to the starting lineup when it's been Rondo getting the run in practice.

On 10/16/2018 at 7:54 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

They'd be dumb to automatically insert him to the starting lineup when it's been Rondo getting the run in practice.

Now that Rondo will be suspended for punching CP3, they will be forced to start Rondo. How many games will Ingram be suspended?

7 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Now that Rondo will be suspended for punching CP3, they will be forced to start Rondo. How many games will Ingram be suspended?

Couldn't tell you. How do you go into hiding then all of a sudden quote me in 8 different threads?

On 12/16/2018 at 1:00 AM, Oiler FANatic said:

80 games into his future Hall of Fame career and Lonzo is shooting an astounding 36.6% from the field and 30.4% from 3-point range.

Pretty much the same as HOFer Jason Kidd through the first 80 games of his career.

And I suppose Jason Kidd shot 45% at the FT line during his first two seasons in the NBA? When are teams going to Hack-a-Lonzo?

On 1/5/2019 at 12:01 AM, Oiler FANatic said:

And I suppose Jason Kidd shot 45% at the FT line during his first two seasons in the NBA? When are teams going to Hack-a-Lonzo?

Yea because his FT% is what got him in the Hall.