Add Brennan to the list.

MadMax

3 hours ago, LongTimeFan said:

Silence? Brennan can still say whatever he wants. There was no gag order.

The current CIA director was not going to ask Brennan for his opinion on anything so why should he keep his clearance?

Actually there is a long history of current CIA directors reaching out to previous directors. Its one of the reasons they get to keep their clearances. Try harder.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The stupidity of the whole thing is that allowing these guys to keep their clearances after they leave government service is not for THEIR benefit, it is for OURS. 

Posted Images

I don't think many people will or should shed a tear for Brennan, who has become very political and a bit of an attention whore. And Brennan has a large soapbox where he can defend himself and continue to make his voice heard.

The chilling thing is the message this sends to the many many lower-level intelligence people who we depend upon to help keep our country safe. People that have families and bills to pay. The message is, if you get crosswise with the President, you can lose your clearance and your livelihood. Forget how fucked up that is in general, the idea the President for personal, political reasons could intervene and destroy your livelihood. The bigger issue is, in terms of national security, we want to encourage our security personnel to speak freely and frankly, not discourage that.

1 hour ago, Legaltitan said:

I don't think many people will or should shed a tear for Brennan, who has become very political and a bit of an attention whore. And Brennan has a large soapbox where he can defend himself and continue to make his voice heard.

The chilling thing is the message this sends to the many many lower-level intelligence people who we depend upon to help keep our country safe. People that have families and bills to pay. The message is, if you get crosswise with the President, you can lose your clearance and your livelihood. Forget how fucked up that is in general, the idea the President for personal, political reasons could intervene and destroy your livelihood. The bigger issue is, in terms of national security, we want to encourage our security personnel to speak freely and frankly, not discourage that.

yeah Brennan has gone too far but considering how Trump attacked him and the intelligence community I can understand why even though I think he's wrong. That doesn't have anything to do with the message Trump is sending to anyone that disagrees with him. 

3 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

This is being construed to only be an attempt by Trump to punish those who disagree with him which is plain false.  This is about people working in the highest offices of the CIA, FBI and Justice department that are BIASED.  We don't want people in those positions, or having the right (not privilege) to top secret information.  On top of that Brennan is scum and very well might be the mastermind behind Russiagate.  Stop being so biased and insincere about this people.  The swamp should be cleared and it shouldn't matter if the scum is right or left. 

What a joke. 

SCUM criticize the Feckless Leader

PATRIOTS avoid working, take kick backs from lobbyists, remodel their offices in opulent fashion, and most importantly LIE in defense of the Feckless Leader.

9 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

This is being construed to only be an attempt by Trump to punish those who disagree with him which is plain false.  This is about people working in the highest offices of the CIA, FBI and Justice department that are BIASED.  We don't want people in those positions, or having the right (not privilege) to top secret information.  On top of that Brennan is scum and very well might be the mastermind behind Russiagate.  Stop being so biased and insincere about this people.  The swamp should be cleared and it shouldn't matter if the scum is right or left. 

I see. So despite Trump's own words, this is about national security.

Well, good thing Trump consulted with his IC people prior to doing this, and followed the normal protocol for revoking a security clearance.

1 hour ago, Legaltitan said:

The stupidity of the whole thing is that allowing these guys to keep their clearances after they leave government service is not for THEIR benefit, it is for OURS. 

Exactly. In the event of  a national emergency similar to 9/11 or the need to leverage a contact of a former employee  or their expertise in a certain area, I can see a reason for them to keep their security clearance.

You would think the benefit these people can provide to this country would outweighed Trump’s pettiness. If this wasn’t all about Trump, the administration could have revoked the clearance without even making this a public spectacle, but then it couldnt be used as a distraction. 

45 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Dude, sometimes you should take heed of the maxim "Silence is Golden".

3 hours ago, oldschool said:

Actually there is a long history of current CIA directors reaching out to previous directors. Its one of the reasons they get to keep their clearances. Try harder.

I agree there is if the former CIA Director acts with respect. But if you actually think this administration was going to reach out to Brennan for anything, well, you are a fucking idiot.  That's why you are called oldfool.

30 minutes ago, ben4titans said:

How is he silencing Brennan? How fucking stupid are you? Quit regurgitating deep state media bullshit and think for yourself. 

I'll type slowly and try to use small words.  He's not silencing Brennan.  He's sending a message to anyone else who might feel the need to say something he doesn't like, that retribution will be swift and confusing.  Now ask me how stupid I am, shit head.  You're better off using the time honored "but Hillary" posts, anything else is way above your intellectual ceiling.

Senator Warner, James Clapper and others are making a point that President Trump might be gearing-up to take away the security clearance from Mueller and others in the investigation, which would shut-down the investigation. 

1 hour ago, ben4titans said:

So he isn't silencing Brennan, as you stated? 

Go read my post again.  Did I specifically say he was silencing Brennan?  I'll end the suspense, I didn't.