Beddingfield: More Questions Than Answers After GB

Jonboy

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys are discussing the wrong thing in this thread. The right thing to notice is that Taylor was more wide open in the first drive under LaFleur than any WR the entirety of 2017. 

After watching the Mariota-to-Williams play a few times, I don't think it's a case of Marcus being asked to read the whole field pre-snap....or even half the field.  I don't think he had a route progr

Lol...already 4 pages arguing about the decision making of 1 pass that resulted in a 30 yard (?) gain on the first drive of a preseason game.   Never change TR....

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, big2033 said:

There's a discussion that Taylor could've gone for more. One I believe. The other corners were out of the play. I noticed it soon after I watched the replay.

That's what Beddingfield believes. And as a scout, who scouted Mariota, the fact you're so quick to shit on it tells me enough.

I would HOPE, you all HOPE the QB room is this picky. That's why LaFleur is here right? RIGHT?

Luckily, Mariota is a good QB who made a great throw away from the defender despite Williams being covered. So the play was still positive. Happy?

I'm sure there are plenty of great QBs throughout history who make tough throws that work for easier ones that might've gone better.

Relax

36 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

You guys are discussing the wrong thing in this thread. The right thing to notice is that Taylor was more wide open in the first drive under LaFleur than any WR the entirety of 2017. 

Except for that one time he was wide open and Mariota threw him the ball and he didn’t even look for it. 

37 minutes ago, big2033 said:

No. There's an argument that the only reason Mariota got that throw through is because the corner was falling or simply Williams made a good catch.

Williams was well covered, Taylor was not. But Mariota threw it anyway because it was his first read and maybe, MAYBE didn't move away from his first read fast enough, as the checkdown was an easier throw and potentially a bigger gain.

THAT'S IT.

It's not a big deal. Beddingfield is our former scout for fucks sakes. That's what he's paid to do. I hope the QB coaches says the same if Mariota did in fact miss it.

Like now we're accusing the guy of playing for clicks? Holy shit lol. This is the kind of stuff that pisses me off.

Why did he make it a free article if it wasn’t to get more clicks and entice people to subscribe?

6 minutes ago, scine09 said:

It seems like every year in the first preseason game there's a play that gets way overanalyzed.

Well, the time since the last game until the first pre-season game is months long so people have been looking for fresh meat to chew on. But isn't "over analyzing" kinda what we're here for? It is a Titans website where fans talk Titans football after all.

16 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I also have another theory on the matter: it’s been so long since MM saw an open WR he short circuited. Give him time boys. 

You joke- but I was very pleased that we actually had open receivers this game.  ? 

19 minutes ago, scine09 said:

It seems like every year in the first preseason game there's a play that gets way overanalyzed.

Yeah, the guy only threw 3 passes. The talking heads need to reach for content. I’m More interested in what he saw in reed that made him think he played a good game. 

10 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

Why did he make it a free article if it wasn’t to get more clicks and entice people to subscribe?

Beddingfield is on the site to get more readers or ... clicks. Better content, equals more clicks. 

Saying he's being hyberbolic to get more clicks is definitely going over the top though.

Edited by big2033