Who were your top 5 players in the 1st pre-season game?

NashvilleNinja

1) LaFleur. Odd to put the OC on a list like this, but competent play calling can be as important of a performance as anything else. The first drive was about as good an opening drive as you could expect and is a good omen that LaFleur will be able to LaFlourish as his own man in play calling duties, which was (and largely still is) an unknown.

2) Mariota. Not much to judge from, but the little we had to judge from was good. The 30 yard toss to Williams and TD toss to Jennings were very nice.

3) Honor. I didn't pay much attention to him otherwise during the game, but the strip sack on Hundley was good enough by itself to put him on the list. Hopefully an indicator of things to come.

4) David Fluellen/Akrum Wadley. I know Flu gets tagged as the "preseason love affair", but he looked good with limited carries. Wadley also looked pretty good running the ball, athough he didn't do much with his carries. I won't hold that against him too much though since he was running behind the 4th QTR Oline. He also caught 3 balls, something LaFleur apparently likes from him. He may be a long shot to make the roster, but I won't be surprised if he does.

5) Deontay Burnett. I know Williams and Jennings are still above Burnett on the depth chart, but Burnett stuck out to me. He was pretty consistent tonight and it seemed like Falk went to him often. Could just be Falk locking in on him because of comfort level... Falk didn't look too comfortable otherwise.

====

Who you got?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd say the fact Landry actually showed the ability to come off the corner and apply pressure against NFL quality players was the best thing about last night. 

1. No key injuries 2. No key injuries 3. No key injuries 4. No key injuries 5. No key injuries 

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

I'd say the fact Landry actually showed the ability to come off the corner and apply pressure against NFL quality players was the best thing about last night. 

He beat Lewan a few times in practice so I’m not surprised and expected this 

To be honest I thought Landry was a better prospect then Evans, by a  good amount to. Nothing against Evans, I love his blitzing ability, but I thought it was insane that an edge rusher who can do what Landry does, that insane bend, and  produced the way he did, dropped to the 2nd round. I thought he was a top 10 player. I think he could be this year's Carl Lawson, who was a monster off the edge last year for Cincy after inexplicately droppig to the 3rd rd.

2 minutes ago, oldschool said:

1. No key injuries

2. No key injuries

3. No key injuries

4. No key injuries

5. No key injuries 

I think Cruikshank could turn out to be somewhat key unfortunately. 

Edited by japan

Yeah, he flashed in camp, but that looked like a torn pec to me. We'll see. If it's partial, maybe can PUP him? 

As for players, 

1. Landry- great play. He was close on a couple of others, too. Looks like a great pick. 

2. Fluellen- This guy should win the third RB job, but Wadley has speed....still, Fluellen's vision is always impressive. He's probably a better blocker, too.

3. Sims- Great plays to keep them from scoring at the end of the half. This guy is pretty good. 

4. Jayon Brown- good coverage. We need this guy, especially if Evans can't play. 

5.Jones- did well against the run.