Episode 158 - Titans Podcast Roundtable with RPO and F Words

Jamalisms

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Mariota needs to prove he can stay healthy. Everything else will work itself out. 

Certainly being able to stay healthy is a huge requirement.

Let’s just hope he is like Matt Stafford, who was hurt all the time early in his career and hasn’t missed a start over the last 7 or 8 seasons and has been good (despite generally bad teams).

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Two Tone Crew makes a triumphant return to discuss the upcoming 2018/2019 Titans season. Host Jamal is joined by Matt Neely of the RPO podcast and Mike Herndon of the Football and Other F Words po

I was going to post this before the game but I do think the secondary has been overrated by the media and fans.    I think Robinson has done a great job upgrading from the days of Cox and Mc

31 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Certainly being able to stay healthy is a huge requirement.

Let’s just hope he is like Matt Stafford, who was hurt all the time early in his career and hasn’t missed a start over the last 7 or 8 seasons and has been good (despite generally bad teams).

He needs to carry some Hawaiian salt.

5 hours ago, Huston said:

Everyone harps on the ints but its already been shown by multiple source outside of PFF that Marcus threw the least amount of interceptable pass in the league, no matter how horrible a few of them were. Marcus has always had a narrow throwing base which caused him to sail a few passes but that's never held him back before and wasn't the main reason for last years numbers as well so all this bad mechanics stuff is overblown, Wentz's coaches admitted this much as his are still a work in progress. The bigger issue I had was the lack of td passes, which you can put on the scheme Qb and wr's last year. You find out what kind of QB you have when everything seems to not go your way but you still have to lead and find a way to win. Marcus learned a lot more about what it takes to be a top NFL QB last year then he did in the first 2 years combined.

I think you hit on 2 good points here. The lack of TD passes was frustrating but he did have a lot of TD runs. One of my main gripes with the staff last year, and I'm not blaming them for the lack of scoring throws, was they ran the ball on just about every 1st down, and often 2nd, once they got in scoring range. It was ridiculous. They'd drive down the field to the 6 yard line or whatever & without fail on 1sr down we'd get a Murray run for a yard. Go back & look at the play by plays, the run% on 1st down inside the 10 was astronomical.

The other thing is his throwing base. He's always had a narrow stance & he really doesn't get his lower body involved in the throw at times. It's great on the short stuff because he fires it off so quickly but on the longer stuff he tends to float too many, leading to easy picks, which probably explains the high pick%. I don't like to discuss this stuff because I'm so far from a mechanics expert on QB's & too many fans like to pretend they are, but when he steps into downfield throws it's amazing how much more velocity he gets.

Its well known that Aaron Rodgers, while not having the same problem, had similar issues in not getting enough oomph on the vertical stuff. His problem was his ultra short throwing motion. The Packers spent his entire rookie season overhauling it & now he makes more insane throws then anybody. Unfortunately I don't think Marcus ever had a real good mechanics guy since he's been here, hopefully Tom House helped in the offseason, because I don't think he'll ever reach his potential until he starts gunning the ball downfield.

9 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I was going to post this before the game but I do think the secondary has been overrated by the media and fans. 

I think Robinson has done a great job upgrading from the days of Cox and McCourty but there is almost a perception that the secondary has 3 Derrell Revis's and Earl Thomas at FS. I think they are solid and Byard is even really good but these CBs are not all pros, they are solid. The best thing is the depth, Sims as the 4th CB is a super luxury. 

I think at one point we had the deepest and most versatile secondary in the league but now with 3 injuries we are more susceptible again

19 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I was going to post this before the game but I do think the secondary has been overrated by the media and fans. 

I think Robinson has done a great job upgrading from the days of Cox and McCourty but there is almost a perception that the secondary has 3 Derrell Revis's and Earl Thomas at FS. I think they are solid and Byard is even really good but these CBs are not all pros, they are solid. The best thing is the depth, Sims as the 4th CB is a super luxury. 

Sims is a Starter on 20 other teams