Jags Streaming Preseason Games Online (Update: Local Only, Titans too)

Jonboy

1 hour ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Better double check. I tried it for the HOF game and it was down because they got hacked.

Now I have a jailbroken firestick which is much better than reddit. Just as free.

I watched the whole thing from beginning to end with no problems. On each game thread there will be multiple different streams you can chose from. If one goes down while you're watching it, just click on the next one. 

1 hour ago, Titans279 said:

That’s pretty cool. I assume once the current media deals the NFL has expire we’ll see massive changes to how we watch football. 

Why? The whole point that these deals are so expensive and make the NFL so much money is because exclusive rights... Why would the NFL want more people to have access to their games anywhere.

Competition and a free market is bad for business. Great for consumers but the NFL doesn't care about consumers.

3 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Why? The whole point that these deals are so expensive and make the NFL so much money is because exclusive rights... Why would the NFL want more people to have access to their games anywhere.

Competition and a free market is bad for business. Great for consumers but the NFL doesn't care about consumers.

I think whatever the new deals are will allow for some kind of paid streaming option for the US market. The number of people paying for cable/satellite is shrinking every year and they aren't going to force people to bust out the rabbit ears.

It will be something like Gamepass in other countries, or Sunday Ticket streaming option that doesn't black out the local broadcasts.

43 minutes ago, Cornrow Wallace said:

isn't YouTube supposed to be streaming NFL games soon? or did Google not pay enough?

Twitter did the Thursday night game for a while then someone else did it last year (Amazon??) But it was just the Thursday craptacular

3 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

IP address, you need a VPN to convince the internet you're in a different location

yeah thats part of what i mean. pretty easy trick to watch preseason. 

On 8/8/2018 at 2:47 PM, Jonboy said:

So a good and bad update...

The Titans ARE doing this; however, like the Jags, it's for those in the local area only. NFL rules prohibit them streaming to anywhere else, unfortunately. 

https://www.titansonline.com/news/titans-packers-radio-tv-and-streaming-information

I guess they just want to get the local fans who are cord cutters. Kind of like how they have to have all of the games broadcast locally on OTA channels for people who don’t have cable.