Urban Meyer put on administative leave

CaliTitan3518

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24258253/ohio-state-buckeyes-places-urban-meyer-administrative-leave

The interesting thing here is that Ryan Day is stepping in as the interim HC. Day was reported to be Vrabels first choice of OC. I wonder if Day becomes a top college coach after turning down our OC job.

Even more interesting is that in April 2018, his contract was modified to say that any concealment of sexual abuse, harassment, etc would be considered grounds for dismissal for cause without a payout..

1 minute ago, Nash said:

Even more interesting is that in April 2018, his contract was modified to say that any concealment of sexual abuse, harassment, etc would be considered grounds for dismissal for cause without a payout..

if that is accurate you have to think Ohio St had fears this situation was going to blow up at some point.

7 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24258253/ohio-state-buckeyes-places-urban-meyer-administrative-leave

The interesting thing here is that Ryan Day is stepping in as the interim HC. Day was reported to be Vrabels first choice of OC. I wonder if Day becomes a top college coach after turning down our OC job.

Day might have known this was coming and that had something to do with him turning down the Titans offer

1 hour ago, titanruss said:

This is confusing.

So another coach beats his wife and Meyer gets placed on leave for it? 

Stupid. 

Not if he willfully ignored it and did nothing.. Title 9 is pretty specific about his duty as head of the organization

4 minutes ago, Nash said:

Not if he willfully ignored it and did nothing.. Title 9 is pretty specific about his duty as head of the organization

Was coming here to post the same. You ignore Title IX and you’re done. I’m sure he’ll fake another medical condition to get his next gig though. 

18 minutes ago, Nash said:

I really know nothing about it and just skimmed the article. But it sounded like it was a he said she said thing and then he got convicted and then he fired the guy. 

Power and money corrupt and these guys think they are above the law. Winning used to be above all else, but that was then and this is now. Stick a fork in him. Meyer is done.

9 hours ago, titanruss said:

I really know nothing about it and just skimmed the article. But it sounded like it was a he said she said thing and then he got convicted and then he fired the guy. 

I was listening to S.A. on ESPN.  He said the guy's battered wife had text conversations with the wives of all the coaches for years.  So, Meyer is just expected to know because it was common knowledge.  I think when he fired the guy, Meyer said he was just becoming aware of it.  

Archived