During Super Bowl Era The Most Consistent/Winning Team Are Minnesota Vikings

MIKE75

I've always considered Super Bowl Era the year the first one was played in 1966 through the last season one was played in 2017

During the Super Bowl era Minnesota Vikings have made the postseason 30 times overall,out of those 30 trips to the playoffs there were 10 times they made it to the NFC Championship. Out of those 10 title games they were able to make it to the Super Bowl 4 times. However they weren't able to win one. They were able to win their division 20 times.

The Vikings from 1966 thru 2017 over 50 seasons of football managed to consistently win on a regular basis to the point that the never went more than 2 seasons under .500 at a time and never went more than three seasons without having a winning season above .500  AND over the course of 50 plus seasons the Vikings longest streak of no playoffs was 1983 thru 1986.

Top NFL Team Winning Percentages Super Bowl Era

1-Dallas Cowboys 477 321 2................ 0.598

2-Pittsburgh Steelers 469 326 5........... 0.589

3-Denver Broncos 448 345 7................ 0.564

4-Minnesota Vikings 445 348 7............ 0.561

Also.....

The Vikings are the only team to appear in a Conference Championship game every decade in Super Bowl era 1966 thru 2017

60's--1969 NFC Championship won over Cleveland 27-7

70's--1977 NFC Championship lost to Dallas 23-6

80's--1987 NFC Championship lost to Redskins 17-10

90's--1998 NFC Championship lost to Atlanta  30-27

00's--2009 NFC Championship lost to Saints 31-28

10's--2017 NFC Championship lost to Eagles 38-7

Also another thing is they have one of the best if not the best GM's in the NFL Rick Spielman this dude is relentless and so good at drafting the team has really good depth and while they do dabble in free agency the bulk of the roster is homegrown. In most of his drafts he could draft 9 players and at least 7 or 8 are stil playing year to year since 2012.

All players below drafted by Minnesota since 2012....The players in bold are still active/playing

2012--1-Matt Kalil--T

2012--1-Harrison Smith--DB

2012--3-Josh Robinson--DB

2012--4-Jarius Wright--WR

2012--4-Rhett Ellison--RB

2012--4-Greg Childs--WR

2012--5-Robert Blanton--DB

2012--6-Blair Walsh--K

2012--7-Audie Cole--LB

2012--7-Trevor Guyton--DE

2013--1-Sharrif Floyd--DT

2013--1-Xavier Rhodes--DB

2013--1-Cordarrelle Patterson--WR

2013--4-Gerald Hodges--LB

2013--5-Jeff Locke--P

2013--6-Jeff Baca--G

2013--7-Michael Mauti--LB

2013--7-Travis Bond--G

2013--7-Everett Dawkins--DT

2014--1-Anthony Barr--LB

2014--1-Teddy Bridgewater--QB

2014--3-Scott Crichton--DE

2014--3-Jerick McKinnon--RB

2014--5-David Yankey--OL

2014--6-Antone Exum--DB

2014--6-Kendall James--DB

2014--7-Shamar Stephen--DT

2014--7-Brandon Watts--LB

2014--7-Jabari Price--DB

2015--1-Trae Waynes--CB

2015--2-Eric Kendricks--ILB

2015--3-Danielle Hunter--DE

2015--4-T.J. Clemmings--T

2015--5-MyCole Pruitt--TE

2015--5-Stefon Diggs--WR

2015--6-Tyrus Thompson--T

2015--6-B.J. Dubose--DE

2015--7-Austin Shepherd--T

2015--7-Edmond Robinson--OLB

2016--1-Laquon Treadwell--WR

2016--2-Mackensie Alexander--CB

2016--4-Willie Beavers--T

2016--5-Kentrell Brothers--OLB

2016--6-Moritz Boehringer--WR

2016--6-David Morgan--TE

2016--7-Stephen Weatherly--OLB

2016--7-Jayron Kearse--S

2017--2-Dalvin Cook--RB

2017--3-Pat Elflein--C

2017--4-Jaleel Johnson--DT

2017--4-Ben Gedeon--ILB

2017--5-Rodney Adams--WR

2017--5-Danny Isidora--G

2017--6-Bucky Hodges--TE

2017--7-Stacy Coley--WR

2017--7-Ifeadi Odenigbo--DL

2017--7-Elijah Lee--LB

2017--7-Jack Tocho--CB

The Vikings have always been one of those "pretty good" teams.  For the most part when thinking of the top franchises you don't think of the Vikings.  They always seem to be forgotten.  And you also never think of them as poor.  Even in the years with Christian Ponder it always seemed like they could be pretty good.  I think not having won a Super Bowl makes a big difference.  Even though it was 20 years ago, had the Vikings won the 1998 Super Bowl I think people would look at the franchise as a whole differently.

For example, because the Bucs won a Super Bowl 16 years ago I think of them differently than I would have had they not.  Whereas the Bengals, a fairly similar franchise in terms of success, seem like a terrible franchise.  Because they've been mostly poor and haven't won.

4 hours ago, MIKE75 said:

I've always considered Super Bowl Era the year the first one was played in 1966 through the last season one was played in 2017

Wtf is wrong with all those years prior to the first one in 1966? Why don't they get to be considered part of the Super Bowl era? Why you gotta be so prejudiced?

35 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Wtf is wrong with all those years prior to the first one in 1966? Why don't they get to be considered part of the Super Bowl era? Why you gotta be so prejudiced?

I am very prejudiced against those years before because they weren't part of the Super Bowl. LOL

Whats nuts is lets say the Super Bowl started not in 1966 but in 1951 15 years prior. That would give the Cleveland Browns 4 Super Bowls and the Detroit Lions 3 Super Bowls.

If they had thought of the Super Bowl just 2 years before in 1964 the Cleveland Browns would have a Super Bowl.

3 hours ago, scine09 said:

The Vikings have always been one of those "pretty good" teams.  For the most part when thinking of the top franchises you don't think of the Vikings.  They always seem to be forgotten.  And you also never think of them as poor.  Even in the years with Christian Ponder it always seemed like they could be pretty good.  I think not having won a Super Bowl makes a big difference.  Even though it was 20 years ago, had the Vikings won the 1998 Super Bowl I think people would look at the franchise as a whole differently.

For example, because the Bucs won a Super Bowl 16 years ago I think of them differently than I would have had they not.  Whereas the Bengals, a fairly similar franchise in terms of success, seem like a terrible franchise.  Because they've been mostly poor and haven't won.

Imagine if we wouldve been able to see the Vikings/Broncos in 1998 that would've been a hell of a matchup and i think Minnesota would've whipped up on Denver. I hated that even then i was very disappointed that the Vikes fell short.

5 minutes ago, MIKE75 said:

Imagine if we wouldve been able to see the Vikings/Broncos in 1998 that would've been a hell of a matchup and i think Minnesota would've whipped up on Denver. I hated that even then i was very disappointed that the Vikes fell short.

I'm happy the Vikings didn't win.  Until the Titans win a SB I don't want any team that hasn't won to win.  Right now 20 teams have won it all so the Titans are one of just 12 that hasn't.  

1 minute ago, scine09 said:

I'm happy the Vikings didn't win.  Until the Titans win a SB I don't want any team that hasn't won to win.  Right now 20 teams have won it all so the Titans are one of just 12 that hasn't.  

I always pay attention to that. I didnt like Philly winning last year because thats one more team with that monkey off their back.

There are two teams that would really crush me if they win a Super Bowl and thats the Texans and Jags.

I'm a tad worried now that Jax will break out with their defense and be like the 85 Bears/00 Ravens.

Just now, MIKE75 said:

I always pay attention to that. I didnt like Philly winning last year because thats one more team with that monkey off their back.

There are two teams that would really crush me if they win a Super Bowl and thats the Texans and Jags.

I'm a tad worried now that Jax will break out with their defense and be like the 85 Bears/00 Ravens.

I'm with you there.  Detroit would be a third one because they used to be my other team with the Titans.  

As far as Jax this season I feel like absolutely everything went right for them last year.  It will be hard to replicate that success.  It's certainly possible but their schedule won't be like it was last year (like the Titans).  

13 minutes ago, scine09 said:

St. Louis won against Tennessee, and any of both teams won one before that, Titans still haven't. (and I am refering as St. Louis..not considering what they did at Los Angeles).

18 years of having New England up or at most SB's...it's fucked up.

New Orleans, there's a team that was quite lost comparing them to the Oilers era...yet they already won one. 

Seahawks (2014).

So here I am hoping you have a dart-board with Bud's face to aim at..and also another one with Jeff Fisher's..because both couldn't get the job done. Lets see what happens in the Vrabel-Robinson era. Sounds that all cylinders will hit now. (except the new uniform numbers...those are hideous as hell).

13 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I'm with you there.  Detroit would be a third one because they used to be my other team with the Titans.  

As far as Jax this season I feel like absolutely everything went right for them last year.  It will be hard to replicate that success.  It's certainly possible but their schedule won't be like it was last year (like the Titans).  

I had 2 teams i used to really like when i got into football in the mid 1980's one was the Raiders and the other was the Lions. I remember being crushed in 1991 when Detroit lost the NFC Championship. It is insane that Detroit would not put pieces around Barry Sanders.

I had to wait 14 long years to finally get what i considered my own team in my own area in 1999 when they decided to have a new name,new jerseys and new stadium and call them the Tennessee Titans.

rry Sander

2 hours ago, Somedude said:

Doesn't mean shit when you go home empty. All those other teams have a few rings.

IDK.  I heard someone say those great Bills team that went to four straight SBs.  It sounded funny, but that was a great team.  The Bills fans got to watch a lot of wins and to be a part of history.  It's not easy to return to the SB.  I thought the 99' Titans would go right back and everybody else did as well, now it's approaching 20 years ago.

20 minutes ago, MIKE75 said:

I had 2 teams i used to really like when i got into football in the mid 1980's one was the Raiders and the other was the Lions. I remember being crushed in 1991 when Detroit lost the NFC Championship. It is insane that Detroit would not put pieces around Barry Sanders.

I had to wait 14 long years to finally get what i considered my own team in my own area in 1999 when they decided to have a new name,new jerseys and new stadium and call them the Tennessee Titans.

rry Sander

Hey FistShaker, how’s things going in LaLa Land today? Where did you find this ugly ass guy and his two ugly ass kids? Did you try to steal his identity like all the others? Want to play the Memphis game?