RB-WR/WR-RB draft

9 Nines

On 7/31/2018 at 1:25 PM, 9 Nines said:

This draft seems to be trending that RB-RB would produce a sub-optimal team. 

I don't know about that. Depends on who and where you're drafting. If you're picking early 1st and the draft snakes every round then RB/RB probably would be sub-optimal, especially if everyone is taking RBs in the 1st the way they seem to be doing in every draft I've been in. But if you draft in the middle up to late in the 1st of a snaking draft then you may be doing the wise thing by taking two RBs.

Also... are we talking "standard" or "PPR" scoring? Nevermind the idiocy of non-ppr being considered standard scoring (who the hell does non-ppr scoring anymore in this day and age?) If it's non-ppr then it probably is quite a bit less optimal, but if it's PPR lots of 2nd/3rd tier RB have more value than they would otherwise.

Disagree. I did a mock picking 3rd and went DJ + McKinnon and had my choice of McCaffery and Howard. At the swing, I was able to land JuJu and my choice of Landry or Cooks. This was in a 12 man rotation. When it came back around again Davis was waiting.  

1. Todd Gurley II (LAR - RB) 
2. Michael Thomas (NO - WR) 
3. Keenan Allen (LAC - WR) 
4. Alex Collins (Bal - RB) 
5. Travis Kelce (KC - TE) 
6. Jay Ajayi (Phi - RB) 
7. Drew Brees (NO - QB) 
8. Alshon Jeffery (Phi - WR) 
9. Denver (Den - DEF) 
10. Tarik Cohen (Chi - RB) 
11. Pierre Garcon (SF - WR) 
12. Marqise Lee (Jax - WR) 
13. Dak Prescott (Dal - QB) 
14. Wil Lutz (NO - K) 
15. Kenny Stills (Mia - WR) 

Really depends on draft postion and strategy. There is no right answer because every draft shakes out different. Personally I want a top 4 pick then whoever is there at the end of the 2nd determines if you go WR or RB. You also get a feel of who will be there in the 3rd for you still. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2018 at 10:39 PM, CaliTitan3518 said:

Really depends on draft postion and strategy. There is no right answer because every draft shakes out different. Personally I want a top 4 pick then whoever is there at the end of the 2nd determines if you go WR or RB. You also get a feel of who will be there in the 3rd for you still. 

In one of my drafts I have the 6th pick, which I feel is guaranteed at least the last stud RB (assuming you are high on Kamara) or Antonio Brown

3 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

In one of my drafts I have the 6th pick, which I feel is guaranteed at least the last stud RB (assuming you are high on Kamara) or Antonio Brown

I think Kamara is being over drafted. His efficiency last year will be near impossible to duplicate. I don’t think his “featured rb” role will be that featured while Ingram is out. I’d take Barkley and Melvin Gordon over Kamara personally. I prefer drafting at the turns and not middle of the rounds.

16 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

I prefer drafting at the turns and not middle of the rounds.

I get that but the problem is that it is impossible to read the board and anticipate who your friends will take since you are 20+ turns out from your next pick... You just have to take the guys you want when they come to you and "overdraft" everyone you want.

I prefer middle because if there are 3 guys I am on the fence on I will just take the one I know is highest rated to the other guys in the room and hope that the next guy will fall 10-12 picks. There's no way those types of picks drop a full two rounds if you are are 50-50 on the choice.

11 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I get that but the problem is that it is impossible to read the board and anticipate who your friends will take since you are 20+ turns out from your next pick... You just have to take the guys you want when they come to you and "overdraft" everyone you want.

I prefer middle because if there are 3 guys I am on the fence on I will just take the one I know is highest rated to the other guys in the room and hope that the next guy will fall 10-12 picks. There's no way those types of picks drop a full two rounds if you are are 50-50 on the choice.

Everyone has their own preference

On 8/22/2018 at 9:14 PM, CaliTitan3518 said:

Everyone has their own preference

For sure, wasn't arguing against the preference just stating why strategically I like the middle... That being said 3/4 leagues I am picking in the last 2 spots

On 8/24/2018 at 6:45 AM, wiscotitansfan said:

For sure, wasn't arguing against the preference just stating why strategically I like the middle... That being said 3/4 leagues I am picking in the last 2 spots

My big league switched to auction draft this year. Who knows how that will turn out.

Archived