Sign in to follow this  
Legaltitan

Paul Manafort Trial starting right now

Oh yeah, and the lobbyist/operative that was being honey-potted by the Russian spy, another swamp creature unearthed by Mueller. 

Cohen caught literally selling access to the President. Classic swamp creature stuff.

Mueller is damn near draining the swamp single-handedly. 

Mythos27   
3 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

How is the Manafort indictment "illegitimate?"

And I agree all of these guys should be prosecuted across the board, but if the balance is not totally to your political liking at any given moment, that does not make an indictment "illegitimate."

The Republicans control the Department of Justice, the FBI, the House Judiciary and other committees, the Senate committees, etc. Sessions is only recused from stuff relating to Russia's actions on the campaign. He is free to go after as many Democratic swamp creatures as he wishes.  So, I don't know, why don't you ask the Republicans why they aren't going after more Democratic swamp creatures?

Mueller can't go after them, unless their crimes are uncovered in the process of the scope of his investigation (like Podesta). I am sure you are aware of this, as our poor, victim Paul Manafort himself filed a motion to dismiss his indictment because he alleged it exceeded the scope of the special prosecutor authorization (it doesn't and he lost). So Mueller and his team can't just start going after politicians.

Seems a little ridiculous to cry that "it is all unfair and why don't they go after Democrats too?!" when Republicans, most of them Trump loyalists, control every single lever and institution that could be used to find and prosecute these people. Why aren't Trump's people interested in going after swam creatures? And why doesn't Trump replace them with people who will? Why doesn't Trump care about prosecuting swamp creatures?

Than God for Mueller! At least there is one person in Washington who is interested in taking down and locking up swamp creatures! Meuller for President!

Mueller wold probably govern like a standard Republican (which I don't like) but you bet your ass Washington would get cleaned up. Even the swamp creatures would try to hose off to prevent Mueller from coming after them.

begooode   

Oh yeah, and the lobbyist/operative that was being honey-potted by the Russian spy, another swamp creature unearthed by Mueller. 

I can’t wait for the bitches to claim any actions against Person #1 are illegitimate, because, um,.. the DEMs hate the NRA!!

1 minute ago, Mythos27 said:

And there it is. It isn't about Manafort, civil liberties, selective prosecution, or the charges. It's about protecting Trump from anything that might come out of Manafort's trials. It took you a while but thanks for coming clean. Nothing else to see here.

I'm not afraid of what he may say about Trump. That ship has sailed, numbnuts. He would have sang long ago. 

Mythos27   
59 minutes ago, ben4titans said:

I'm not afraid of what he may say about Trump. That ship has sailed, numbnuts. He would have sang long ago. 

Don't confuse what you hope is true with what is true. Manafort is still angling for a pardon. I wonder what happens if that avenue closes...

big2033   
5 hours ago, Legaltitan said:

Well man, there is always hope that a money launderer and fraudster who did the dirty work of a Russian-backed strongman in Ukraine, and who was Putin's public relations spokesman in trying to destabilize our NATO allies in Eastern Europe, and who had a hand in orchestrating the invasion of Crimea, will get away scott free!

Then they can say, "take that liberals!"

The best part is it just so happens to be true.

Name anyone else in Washington that has done more to expose and prosecute dirty money and corruption. 

As I said in the other thread, and at a point of being somewhat redundant, I’m really hoping this investigation goes to the next level. Anyone who used Russian hacking to further their prospects, and did so knowingly, is an accessory. I don’t think it would be tough to prove either. 

21 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

The best part is it just so happens to be true.

Name anyone else in Washington that has done more to expose and prosecute dirty money and corruption. 

What a fucking joke.

9 Nines   

Alexandria, Virginia (CNN)Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort's longtime bookkeeper testified Thursday that Manafort was in serious financial trouble in 2016 after his lobbying business dried up, and he and his deputy Rick Gates sent several fake, inflated income business statements to banks.

The third day of the Manafort trial saw the prosecution shift from describing Manafort's lavish lifestyle -- new details Thursday included a $10,000 karaoke machine and the "biggest pond in the Hamptons" -- to the core of their case: alleged tax and banking crimes committed when Manafort desperately needed money.

Bookkeeper Heather Washkuhn told jurors that Manafort sent a financial statement to Federal Savings Bank saying his company had made $3 million the first nine months of 2016, when his firm had actually lost more than $1 million the first 11 months of that year.

In another instance, Washkuhn said Manafort's company made $400,000, but then Manafort told Banc of California it made almost $4.5 million.

"There's a lot of changes," Washkuhn said. "There's about a $4 million difference."