Sign in to follow this  
Legaltitan

Paul Manafort Trial starting right now

1 hour ago, 9 Nines said:

Does that indicate that the case is weak so they need to make the jury jealous/envy of him or it something like that normal?

Not at all. I have no idea what they're thinking of course but no. It was in a long list of the lavish lifestyle manafort supported with his I'll gotten gains. It's about painting a picture. Ostrich skin is a great symbol because it's not only ridiculous, it's from a ridiculous bird and it looks weird and it's a very tactile image with the bumps on the skin. Stuff like that is effective. 

5 hours ago, Legaltitan said:

Not at all. I have no idea what they're thinking of course but no. It was in a long list of the lavish lifestyle manafort supported with his I'll gotten gains. It's about painting a picture. Ostrich skin is a great symbol because it's not only ridiculous, it's from a ridiculous bird and it looks weird and it's a very tactile image with the bumps on the skin. Stuff like that is effective. 

Did you just say it's not only ridiculous, but then go on to simply define why it is ridiculous?

Lmao

Judge Napolitano said Paul Manafort was already exonerated eight years ago on these same charges and Rod Rosenstein was the lawyer who exonerated him.   Time to call Rod in as a witness!

OILERMAN   
11 hours ago, Legaltitan said:

Manafort lawyers blaming gates for everything. The no 1 guy is saying no 2 is the real bad guy. 

That's a bold move cotton let's see if it pays off. 

One problem, Gates was broke and Manafort had 60 mill. 

Besides that there will be a clear paper trail. 

Manafort is hoping for one or two Trump supporters to cause a hung jury. It's not impossible

2 hours ago, Little Earl said:

Judge Napolitano said Paul Manafort was already exonerated eight years ago on these same charges and Rod Rosenstein was the lawyer who exonerated him.   Time to call Rod in as a witness!

Legally that wouldn't be possible. I haven't heard anyone bring this up but the Judge.

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

One problem, Gates was broke and Manafort had 60 mill. 

Besides that there will be a clear paper trail. 

Manafort is hoping for one or two Trump supporters to cause a hung jury. It's not impossible

Manafort is dead to rights on tax fraud, from what I have read. His best bet is jury nullification, which would be a Hail Mary, but this judge seems very sympathetic to Manaforts unique situation. 

8 minutes ago, ben4titans said:

Legally that wouldn't be possible. I haven't heard anyone bring this up but the Judge.

He was not indicted 8 years ago after investigation.  I think the judge overstated using the word exonerated.  

9 Nines   

Headed for hung jury:

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/01/634696356/former-federal-state-prosecutor-worries-about-jury-nullification-in-manafort-tri

All it takes is one juror who believe even a fraction of the stuff that die-hard Trump supporters believe and then no matter what the evidence is, that person would not convict. 

Edited by 9 Nines

OILERMAN   
4 hours ago, 9 Nines said:

Headed for hung jury:

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/01/634696356/former-federal-state-prosecutor-worries-about-jury-nullification-in-manafort-tri

All it takes is one juror who believe even a fraction of the stuff that die-hard Trump supporters believe and then no matter what the evidence is, that person would not convict. 

Exactly what I was saying 

Trump’s tweets are intended for Manafort’s jury

It is hard to believe that some guy who worries about getting audited by the IRS if he claims $1,000 worth of phony deductions would go to the mat for a fraudster and money launderer, but that shit does happen.

13 hours ago, Little Earl said:

Well man, there is always hope that a money launderer and fraudster who did the dirty work of a Russian-backed strongman in Ukraine, and who was Putin's public relations spokesman in trying to destabilize our NATO allies in Eastern Europe, and who had a hand in orchestrating the invasion of Crimea, will get away scott free!