Paul Manafort Trial starting right now

Legaltitan

2 minutes ago, ben4titans said:

Fine, have the government bring legitimate indictments after the Mueller probe has finished and separate from it. 

And there it is. It isn't about Manafort, civil liberties, selective prosecution, or the charges. It's about protecting Trump from anything that might come out of Manafort's trials. It took you a while but thanks for coming clean. Nothing else to see here.

Edited by Mythos27

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It really is so refreshing to see all of these hard core right wing Republicans all of a sudden have concern for prosecutorial overreach and criminal justice reform. lol they bitch and whine about a f

Goodness Ben has to be the worst supporter you can imagine. Simple negation and gaslighting. Just nonsense stuff that's so absurd you disagree with him even more when he's done. It invokes laughter mo

Manafort plea deal includes forfeiture to the government of $46m in assets. Mueller to date has spent under $20m on his investigation.   The dude is locking up bad guys, draining the swamp a

Posted Images

Trials are about storytelling. Juries expect it, and in a dry case you have to use classic storytelling and imagery to get them to pay attention. No one really wants to be on a jury. That's what the ostrich skin jacket is about. It's about storytelling, not trying to trick people or embellish. You have to give the jury a reason to care and to see the case from your side.

3 minutes ago, ben4titans said:

Yeah, it's called pay for play. Welcome to DC politics. I'm all for cleaning up the swamp, which Manafort is part of, but you have to do it fairly across the board.

And with how Mueller is proceeding on Podesta it's abundantly clear that he's being plenty fair and any wrong-doing he comes across, he will address. Mueller is a fair guy but he's also a life-long republican and he's not going to let any dems get away with swampy shit he comes across either. Like most of us, Mueller has as little sympathy for dirty dems as he does for Trump and his ilk. Manafort is getting no more than what he deserves. It isn't the government's fault that he ran out of Ukranian money and had to start committing bank fraud to keep up his lavish lifestyle. As legal said, he was fortunate in the sense that he got to enjoy his ill-gotten gains far longer than he should've. Time to pay the piper and he doesn't accept ostrich skin coats as payment.

Numbers on a page, bfd.  Visuals that cement an ostentatious lifestyle that would make a king envious, all paid for in cash; while claiming an income that could not possibly support it sounds like good, effective lawyering to me. Minimizes the chances of a hung jury (data types can focus on paper trail, while the story types get the complete picture). That’s what I want from my federal prosecutors so they convict the guilty and don’t waste my tax dollars with a potential wishy-washy jury.

Oh yeah, and the lobbyist/operative that was being honey-potted by the Russian spy, another swamp creature unearthed by Mueller. 

Cohen caught literally selling access to the President. Classic swamp creature stuff.

Mueller is damn near draining the swamp single-handedly. 

3 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

How is the Manafort indictment "illegitimate?"

And I agree all of these guys should be prosecuted across the board, but if the balance is not totally to your political liking at any given moment, that does not make an indictment "illegitimate."

The Republicans control the Department of Justice, the FBI, the House Judiciary and other committees, the Senate committees, etc. Sessions is only recused from stuff relating to Russia's actions on the campaign. He is free to go after as many Democratic swamp creatures as he wishes.  So, I don't know, why don't you ask the Republicans why they aren't going after more Democratic swamp creatures?

Mueller can't go after them, unless their crimes are uncovered in the process of the scope of his investigation (like Podesta). I am sure you are aware of this, as our poor, victim Paul Manafort himself filed a motion to dismiss his indictment because he alleged it exceeded the scope of the special prosecutor authorization (it doesn't and he lost). So Mueller and his team can't just start going after politicians.

Seems a little ridiculous to cry that "it is all unfair and why don't they go after Democrats too?!" when Republicans, most of them Trump loyalists, control every single lever and institution that could be used to find and prosecute these people. Why aren't Trump's people interested in going after swam creatures? And why doesn't Trump replace them with people who will? Why doesn't Trump care about prosecuting swamp creatures?

Than God for Mueller! At least there is one person in Washington who is interested in taking down and locking up swamp creatures! Meuller for President!

Mueller wold probably govern like a standard Republican (which I don't like) but you bet your ass Washington would get cleaned up. Even the swamp creatures would try to hose off to prevent Mueller from coming after them.

Oh yeah, and the lobbyist/operative that was being honey-potted by the Russian spy, another swamp creature unearthed by Mueller. 

I can’t wait for the bitches to claim any actions against Person #1 are illegitimate, because, um,.. the DEMs hate the NRA!!

59 minutes ago, ben4titans said:

I'm not afraid of what he may say about Trump. That ship has sailed, numbnuts. He would have sang long ago. 

Don't confuse what you hope is true with what is true. Manafort is still angling for a pardon. I wonder what happens if that avenue closes...

5 hours ago, Legaltitan said:

Well man, there is always hope that a money launderer and fraudster who did the dirty work of a Russian-backed strongman in Ukraine, and who was Putin's public relations spokesman in trying to destabilize our NATO allies in Eastern Europe, and who had a hand in orchestrating the invasion of Crimea, will get away scott free!

Then they can say, "take that liberals!"

The best part is it just so happens to be true.

Name anyone else in Washington that has done more to expose and prosecute dirty money and corruption. 

As I said in the other thread, and at a point of being somewhat redundant, I’m really hoping this investigation goes to the next level. Anyone who used Russian hacking to further their prospects, and did so knowingly, is an accessory. I don’t think it would be tough to prove either.