9 Nines

President Trump is threatening government shut-down

9 Nines   

After all his exotic cars could not overcome his shortfalls, its the Wall:

Pelosi Disses Trump’s ‘Manhood’

December 11, 2018 at 3:01 pm EST By Taegan Goddard 141 Comments

Minutes after a very public showdown with President Trump over his border wall with Mexico, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi returned to the Capitol and railed against the president in a private meeting with House Democrats, Politico reports.

Said Pelosi: “It goes to show you: you get into a tinkle contest with a skunk, you get tinkle all over you.”

And then, Pelosi went for the most sensitive part of Trump’s ego: “It’s like a manhood thing with him — as if manhood can be associated with him. This wall thing.”

She used a similar line in October during an event at Harvard, where she said the border wall “happens to be like a manhood issue for the president, and I’m not interested in that.”

WVTITAN   

Pelosi should give him his 5 billion for the wall, only after he tweets to his twits that it’s going on the national credit card not Mexico’s.

Bink   
24 minutes ago, Downtown said:

Stock Market Falling? Debt Crisis Looming? WHO CARES!!! WHERE'S THE WALL!!!!

His followers literally don't give a fuck about anything, including their own livelihood and well-being, if they can yell about brown people. 

ctm   
9 minutes ago, begooode said:

Dems have to be careful here, imo.  This is culture war and Trump & Co will frame it as Dems love illegals more than funding your government.

Trump at the meeting:  If we don't get what we want,  I am proud to shut down the government for border security.  I will take the mantle for shutting down the government.

It's on video.  He owns it.  Pelosi told him he didn't have the votes to pass a bill on his own and he got pissed.

Edited by ctm

reo   
7 minutes ago, ctm said:

Trump at the meeting:  If we don't get what we want,  I am proud to shut down the government for border security.  I will take the mantle for shutting down the government.

It's on video.  He owns it.  Pelosi told him he didn't have the votes to pass a bill on his own and he got pissed.

Trump 101

Talk super tough to get the sound bites.

Cave.

Frame it as a win.

Run the tough talk sound bites relentlessly. 

Its not about what you do. It's about what you can sell and selling is easier when your primary audience believes anything you say bc you've discredited anyone who will tell them differently in their eyes. 

Edited by reo

ctm   

Senior senators on both sides of the aisle where left dumbfounded on Tuesday by President Trump’s fiery threat to partially shut down the government unless he gets the money he wants for a border wall, which is unlikely.

Republican leaders have spent weeks trying to steer the president away from a government shutdown, but all that work went out the window earlier in the day when Trump declared in front of television cameras that he would be “proud” to shut down the government over border security.

“I am proud to shut down the government for border security, Chuck, because the people of this country don’t want criminal and people that have lots of problems and drugs pouring into our country,” Trump told Senate Democratic Leader Charles Schumer (N.Y.) while cameras were still in the room before a scheduled meeting.

“I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I’m not going to blame you for it,” Trump said to Schumer and House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi (Calif.), who was also in the room.

The frank moment left Democratic and Republican leaders stunned.

GOP leaders were left cringing by Trump’s vow to take responsibility for a partial shutdown and his promise not to blame Democrats.

Asked if he had seen the exchange on television, Senate Republican Whip John Cornyn (R-Texas), said, “I did, unfortunately. I wish I didn’t.”

Senate Republican Conference Chairman John Thune (S.D.) threw up his hands when asked about his reaction.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/420809-senators-dumbfounded-by-trump-vow-to-shut-down-government

begooode   
6 minutes ago, reo said:

Its not about what you do. It's about what you can sell and selling is easier when your primary audience believes anything you say bc you've discredited anyone who will tell them differently in their eyes. 

This is true.  There are Trumpers out there who have wholeheartedly called Trump the hardest working president of recent times, in spite of every piece of observational reporting to the contrary.

ctm   
7 minutes ago, oldschool said:

It was comical listening to Pelosi try to explain this to Trump today.

Trump:  I have the votes without you.

Pelosi:  Then bring it to a vote.

Bottom line....He doesn't have the votes (or they wouldn't be having a meeting and would just vote) and he will eventually have to call her and try to cut a deal.  And now that he has foolishly taken ownership of a shut down, if there is any pain out in the country, then he will need a deal even more increasing her leverage.