9 Nines

President Trump is threatening government shut-down

ctm   
2 hours ago, Legaltitan said:

This shutdown is going to damage both sides.

I'm with all of you - it is 100% clear and obvious to me who is responsible for this shutdown.

The longer it goes on, the more I predict both sides will be punished close to evenly.

I still think the best way out of this is the Daca for wall deal. Hell this may be able to be done on much better terms than what was offered Trump a year ago. If so, that would be a win win for everyone.

Only other way it ends is Trump does the emergency bullshit thing, and then agrees to sign the spending bill, and then it passes the Senate.

Disagree.

Currently, about 1/3 of the public blames democrats.  Slightly over 50% blame Trump and another 7-8% blame republicans.

What going to change this dynamic?  If anything, I would argue that more and more people will pay attention and realize that there is currently a bill on MConnell's desk that would reopen the government and he is refusing to vote on it.

Reality sucks for republicans.  They are refusing to vote.  No amount of spin by them changes that.

Edited by ctm

begooode   

Senate repub leadership will support tyranny before admitting defeat.  The spending bills they signed in December are now toxic and they are not going to stand up to the echo chamber.

"Speaker (Nancy) Pelosi's refusal to negotiate on funding for a border wall/barrier -- even if the government were to be reopened -- virtually ends the congressional path to funding for a border wall/barrier," Graham said in a statement. "It is time for President Trump to use emergency powers to fund the construction of a border wall/barrier."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/10/politics/lindsey-graham-wall-emergency-powers/index.html

50 minutes ago, ctm said:

Disagree.

Currently, about 1/3 of the public blames democrats.  Slightly over 50% blame Trump and another 7-8% blame republicans.

What going to change this dynamic?  If anything, I would argue that more and more people will pay attention and realize that there is currently a bill on MConnell's desk that would reopen the government and he is refusing to vote on it.

Reality sucks for republicans.  They are refusing to vote.  No amount of spin by them changes that.

There is also a bill that the democrats are filibustering that would open the govt.

ctm   
1 minute ago, Little Earl said:

There is also a bill that the democrats are filibustering that would open the govt.

link it

4 hours ago, ctm said:

There is a bill on McConnell's desk that republicans approved at the end of December that would open the government.  Do that first.  No negotiations with the hostage takers until the government is open.  None.

The democrats have done nothing on border control for the last 35 years but lie, flip flop, and obstruct.   They totally lied to Reagan, which was his greatest regret to trust their word.  There is no reason to believe their lies about being willing to do anything now.  I am totally on board with Trump on this.  

ctm   
1 minute ago, Little Earl said:

The democrats have done nothing on border control for the last 35 years but lie, flip flop, and obstruct.   They totally lied to Reagan, which was his greatest regret to trust their word.  There is no reason to believe their lies about being willing to do anything now.  I am totally on board with Trump on this.  

nice rant….now link the bill democrats are filibustering

58 minutes ago, ctm said:

Disagree.

We'll see. Hope you're right. 

3 hours ago, Legaltitan said:

This shutdown is going to damage both sides.

It will hurt both sides, but it won’t hurt both sides equally. 

Trump said he would take the blame for the shutdown beforehand. And Trump is unpopular, so it’s that much easier to blame him. That makes it easy for Democrats to spin it that way.

Republicans are always going to blame Dems and Dems are always going to blame Republicans. But the independents seem to be blaming Trump.

Btowner   
1 hour ago, Little Earl said:

It's no surprise you are totally onboard with Trump. However, can you tell us where the Republicans have been for 35 years. Where was McCain, Graham, McConnel or any Republican congressman? Who prevented the Gang of Eight immigration bill from going to Obama's desk?