President Trump is threatening government shut-down

9 Nines

Just now, OILERMAN said:

Why was nothing done the first two years?

Why was nothing done when  Bush I and 2 were in the White House or when Republicans controlled the House and Senate during Obama's term? Why wasn't McCain and every congressman from Arizona, New Mexico and Texas obtaining endorsements to send a bill with funds for a wall to the sitting POTUS?

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A must watch/hear:    

He could convince his 35% that the Redskins are going to win the Stanley Cup.

Posted Images

Border Patrol did tests on the protype fence and found one can easily saw through it.  So if built, it would be ineffective and need more money just to repair it. 

190109-border-fence-exclusive-ac-848p_48

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/test-steel-prototype-border-wall-showed-it-could-be-sawed-n956856?cid=public-rss_20190110

President Donald Trump has repeatedly advocated for a steel slat design for his border wall, which he described as "absolutely critical to border security" in his Oval Office address to the nation Tuesday. But Department of Homeland Security testing of a steel slatprototype proved it could be cut through with a saw, according to a report by DHS.

However, testing by DHS in late 2017 showed all eight prototypes, including the steel slats, were vulnerable to breaching, according to an internal February 2018 U.S. Customs and Border Protection report.

Photos of the breaches were not included in a redacted version of the CBP report, which was first obtained in a Freedom of Information Act Request by San Diego public broadcaster KPBS.

The photo of testing results obtained by NBC News was taken at the testing location along the California-Mexico border, known as "Pogo Row."

Edited by 9 Nines

22 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Did anyone else hear that press conference this morning?  That was the angriest and nastiest I've ever heard or seen Trump.

I did not.  What kind of crap did he spew?

2 minutes ago, MadMax said:

I did not.  What kind of crap did he spew?

I didn't hear the whole thing but here's a few things:

- Democrats don't care about crime

- Democrats are crazy

- There's a new caravan forming in Honduras

- 80% of those in attendance at the press conference are in cohorts with the Democrats

- He has no knowledge of what Manafort did with the polling situation

- There was no collusion

- Democrats are being taken over by young people and are going far to the left

- The Republican party is united in this whole thing

- Some people not getting a paycheck want the wall

- He's probably going to declare a national emergency for the wall

There was more that's just all I heard.

7 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I didn't hear the whole thing but here's a few things:

- Democrats don't care about crime

- Democrats are crazy

- There's a new caravan forming in Honduras

- 80% of those in attendance at the press conference are in cohorts with the Democrats

- He has no knowledge of what Manafort did with the polling situation

- There was no collusion

- Democrats are being taken over by young people and are going far to the left

- The Republican party is united in this whole thing

- Some people not getting a paycheck want the wall

- He's probably going to declare a national emergency for the wall

There was more that's just all I heard.

More insanity...  Business as usual.

He needs to just go on and declare the national emergency and be done with it.

It is crazy to think Trump is such a bad negotiator and so inept that the best solution for fixing the mess he has created is for him to abuse his power and violate the Constitution.

7 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

It is crazy to think Trump is such a bad negotiator and so inept that the best solution for fixing the mess he has created is for him to abuse his power and violate the Constitution.

I'm not letting McConnell and the senate repubs off the hook here.  The tail is wagging the dog and they know it. The echo chamber pundits set the 'conservative' agenda and there is no leadership to challenge this.  Facts be damned, angry vilifying narrative wins every time.  Reap/Sow

"When during the campaign, I would say 'Mexico is going to pay for it,' obviously, I never said this, and I never meant they're gonna write out a check, I said they're going to pay for it. They are," he said as he prepared to depart the White House for the southern border.

But in April 2016, Trump's campaign outlined the steps he would take to compel Mexico to pay the US "$5-10 billion" to fund a border wall -- a plan that relies largely on threatening to bar undocumented Mexican immigrants in the United States from wiring money to relatives in Mexico.

"It's an easy decision for Mexico: make a one-time payment of $5-10 billion to ensure that $24 billion continues to flow into their country year after year," the memo said.,...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/10/politics/trump-mexico-pay-wall/index.html