President Trump is threatening government shut-down

9 Nines

22 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

Huh? Him leaving office by losing an election is infinitely preferable to the alternative. I mean, I want the guy out yesterday, but would be so much better for the country to settle this at the ballot box.

What if too many of the electorate don't really care about justice?  Tribal politics and their bizarre ideological alliances -- and their closed loop propaganda media -- can form rationalizing narratives from anything these days.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A must watch/hear:    

He could convince his 35% that the Redskins are going to win the Stanley Cup.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, scine09 said:

I really don't want it to get that far.  Yes the odds will be stacked against him but until he's officially going to be leaving office I'll be uneasy about it.

It would be much better if the next Democratic President wins in a landslide. It would give them a clear mandate to fix Trump's mess.

3 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

It would be much better if the next Democratic President wins in a landslide. It would give them a clear mandate to fix Trump's mess.

I guess maybe at the time it would be better.  But again, what if he wins?

Also, listening to Trump during impeachment hearings would be priceless.

2 hours ago, Legaltitan said:

Huh? Him leaving office by losing an election is infinitely preferable to the alternative. I mean, I want the guy out yesterday, but would be so much better for the country to settle this at the ballot box.

…..and the damage he does in the interim period?

11 minutes ago, ctm said:

…..and the damage he does in the interim period?

You're preaching to the choir.

But given we don't even have Mueller's report yet, and we are 6 months at least away from meaningful impeachment proceedings. 

So what's worse, an extra year of Trump, or, assuming he could be removed, dragging the country through extreme divisiveness?

I would argue the second is worse, but I don't know.

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

Followed by indictments 

That’s how I hope this ends up at this point. Dems are in the house to add some checks.  GOP are on the defensive. 2020 - senate gop are swept out. Dem president in and Trump and family are indicted as a private citizens. 

Then we have 8 more years of dem governance as the gop redifines itself to something reasonable 

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/01/07/donald-trump-government-shutdown-223798

If the shutdown was successfully galvanizing his supporters, you would expect fiery exhortations from Fox News anchors to attract the eyeballs of Trump’s base. But on the first Wednesday and Thursday of the new year, all of Fox News’ prime-time shows scored viewership below their daily averages for 2018. Fox News’ tentpole show, Hannity, which averaged 3.3 million daily viewers in 2018, hasn’t reached 3 million since December 12th, a week before the shutdown began.

Meanwhile, the lefty lineup over at MSNBC performed better last week than its daily 2018 average. In particular, The Rachel Maddow Show pulled in 3.5 million viewers Thursday night, 1 million more than Hannity. Perhaps sensing he doesn’t already have the attention of the television-watching public, Trump is forcing his way on to our screens Tuesday night with his first prime-time Oval Office address.

Why does the mainstream media continue to go easy on Trump? "false claims"? If only there was a single word for that which conveyed a more accurate meaning.

Despite the opposition to Trump from the media they still seem reluctant to headline the POTUS as a liar.

Just a Third Support Trump’s Border Wall

January 8, 2019 at 5:28 pm EST By Taegan Goddard 158 Comments

A new Reuters/Ipsos poll finds that only 35% of American adults support a congressional spending bill that includes funding for President Trump’s proposed border wall and only 25% support Trump’s decision to keep the government closed until Congress approves funding for the wall.