Tariffs are working

IsntLifeFunny

2 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

So if the Dems are just as poor as Republicans in the area that is your primary concern with the GOP, that should make the GOP the better party in your opinion, right?

That’s not what I said at all. I don’t think either party is the ‘better’ party. Both parties have heroes and villains and both parties have policies I support and policies I hold in contempt.

The Dems, from my point of view are a necessary part of the voice of a represented people. So is the GOP. Honestly, the federal government works best when all of the checks and balances are working and empowered.

Thats why I tend to support moderate positions and candidates with a history of working across the aisle or at least respect for the opposing POV and condemn the extremists. If Kasich had won the election for instance you would see much more support from me for the GOP because he cares about a lot of the things I care about such as balancing the budget.

Right now, we’re living in a version of Madison’s nightmare and I will oppose it because I believe it’s terrible for our country and I owe my kids something better to look up to than the trash leaders currently serving.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With some U.S. farm products getting slammed by retaliatory tariffs, the Trump administration is prepared to start its emergency plan for agriculture right after Labor Day in a "three-pronged approach

This was the goal of the TPP, at least in the Pacific, and Trump gutted it. 

This is great    

Posted Images

On 10/1/2018 at 2:03 PM, Justafan said:

That’s not what I said at all. I don’t think either party is the ‘better’ party. Both parties have heroes and villains and both parties have policies I support and policies I hold in contempt.

The Dems, from my point of view are a necessary part of the voice of a represented people. So is the GOP. Honestly, the federal government works best when all of the checks and balances are working and empowered.

Thats why I tend to support moderate positions and candidates with a history of working across the aisle or at least respect for the opposing POV and condemn the extremists. If Kasich had won the election for instance you would see much more support from me for the GOP because he cares about a lot of the things I care about such as balancing the budget.

Right now, we’re living in a version of Madison’s nightmare and I will oppose it because I believe it’s terrible for our country and I owe my kids something better to look up to than the trash leaders currently serving.

Well said.

Honestly setting aside potential investigations, a Democratic Congress could be the best thing to happen to Trump. 

• 4 weeks later...

President Trump is in imbecile who knows nothing. Of COURSE he is going fuck up the economy. 

The longer he is in office, the more we will see it as the hangover effect from the excellent economy he inherited wears off and his actual policies take effect. 

If the Dems win the House he will just blame it all on them in 2020. 

1 hour ago, ben4titans said:

Poor Jamal, cheering on China over the US to own Drumpf.

Yes, that's exactly what's happening. Noting effect is rooting for bad results if the effect noted is poor. Just like the media is the enemy of the people if reports of events notes something negative about the Fuhrer. Just like victims of violence are to blame for attacks, instead of the people encouraging violence (the people voted by attackers, even).

As always, you have a firm grasp on events. Definitely no gas-lighting and results driven commentary here.

5 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

Do I need to provide you with a graph of China’s stock market?  My premise was correct. Their market is in a free fall that outpaces the US in 2008. Of course there is collateral damage. That’s obvious. 

23 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Do I need to provide you with a graph of China’s stock market?  My premise was correct. Their market is in a free fall that outpaces the US in 2008. Of course there is collateral damage. That’s obvious. 

But how does that mean the tariffs are "working?" The purpose of the tariffs was not just to wreck China's economy. Or maybe it was. Just like what Trump says and does doesn't matter, so long as it "ownz teh libz."

So, if the purpose of the tariffs was simply to hurt China's economy, then, congrats?

2 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

But how does that mean the tariffs are "working?" The purpose of the tariffs was not just to wreck China's economy. Or maybe it was. Just like what Trump says and does doesn't matter, so long as it "ownz teh libz."

So, if the purpose of the tariffs was simply to hurt China's economy, then, congrats?

The purpose is to remain the hegemon and preeminent economy in the world...so yes, wrecking China’s economy. By that measure they have been successful. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

On 10/30/2018 at 2:23 AM, IsntLifeFunny said:

looks fine to me boss.. 

Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 4.23.53 PM.png

14 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

The purpose is to remain the hegemon and preeminent economy in the world...so yes, wrecking China’s economy. By that measure they have been successful. 

i dont know the purpose in trumps head. if you and him think our 400 million people are going to be the worlds lead economy in 15-20 years, you are insane. they have 4x the people and india has even more. 40 years and we are probably 3rd. 

the effect is to make the trade game fair again... we give china free shit for years while they tax our imports and tax their exports... all because of greed. greed that a bunch of republicans built and let run unkempt. 

china got rich because we invested there. the only hope for slowing them is to make their counterparts grow.. korea, vietnam, india,... manufacturing is going there. and to some extent mexico. still wont slow them much. 

now to make it fair we just tax the same as them. i like the trade war as a means to make things fair again. 

if the goal is to bring manufacturing home or to "remain the economic world power" then whoever believes either of those things is possible is either a retarded idiot or just doesnt know a damn thing about global industry in the modern world. 

23 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Oh my understanding was the tariffs were enacted to force China to enter negotiations on a trade deal more favorable to the United States. The reason I think that is because that is the reason we were told, and continue to be told, for enacting the tariffs. I didn't set the bar for success, Trump and his economic dream team did.

So, given we do not have a new trade deal with China, then I believe it is too early to proclaim the tariffs were a success.

If the reason for the tariffs was simply to wreck China's economy, unfoerseen consequences be damned, then that is even dumber than the stated reason.