Legaltitan

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spin it, retards.

Is there ANY president, in the history of this union, other than Trump, who would proceed to go ahead and meet with Putin after 12 indictments are issued against Russian government officials like this

When a prosecutor goes to the grand jury and seeks an indictment, he's only required to present enough evidence to show probable cause that a crime was committed.  This is what Mueller has done in thi

Some excerpts:

"The GRU had multiple units, including Units 26165 and 74455, engaged in cyber operations that involved the staged releases of documents stolen through computer intrusions."  Jeez, that seems pretty specific.

The indictment goes into great detail on the various hacks, including dates and times of specific hacking acts.

Paragraph 43 and 44 are a doozy:

"... The Conspirators, posting as Gucifer 2.0, also shared stolen documents with certain individuals.

a.  On or about August 15, 2016, the Conspirators, posing as Gucifer 2.0, received a request for stolen documents from a candidate for the U.S. Congress. The Conspirators responded using the Gucifer 2.0 persona and sent the candidate stolen documents related to the candidate's opponent."  Oops

"The Conspirators, posing as Guccifer 2.0, also communicated with U.S. persons about the release of stolen documents. On or about August 15, 2016, the Conspirators ... wrote to a person who was in regular contact with senior members of the presidential campaign of Donald J. Trump ... ." It then details other messages, and states the contact responded "[p]retty standard."

Woo, paragraph 72:

"In or around July 2016, KOVALEV and his co-conspirators hacked the website of a state board of elections and stole information related to approximately 500,000 voters, including names, addresses, partial social security numbers, dates of birth, and driver's license numbers." That sounds bad.

BTW, the fact that there was communication back and forth between the Russian GRU and a person closely connected with senior campaign officials (Roger Stone I'm guessing) makes it a bald face lie everytime Trump says he isn't sure who did the hacking, or whatever else he says and has said.

14 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

Right. I was being facetious of course.

Reading the indictment, I can't imagine the man hours that went into chasing all this down. Damn this truly is the prosecutorial dream team

Exactly. Which explains why the investigation has taken so long and Trey Gowdy shouting about wrapping up the investigation is so disingenuous. Especially when you consider his Benghazi hearings.  

Here's what Trump said:

"I think that we're being hurt very badly by the — I would call it the witch hunt. I would call it the rigged witch hunt after watching some of the little clips. I didn't get to watch too much, because I'm here, it's a different time zone to, put it mildly. But after watching the people — the man that was testifying yesterday, I call it the rigged witch hunt. I think that really hurts our country, and it really hurts our relationship with Russia. I think that we would have a chance to have a very good relationship with Russia, and a very good chance — very good relationship with president Putin. I would hope so."

Approximately two hours later back in Washington, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein announced that the Department of Justice had indicted 12 Russian nationals for hacking into Hillary Clinton's campaign and the DNC in the runup to the 2016 election.

Rosenstein stated that he had briefed Trump earlier this week. This means President Trump knew of the indictment, and still chose to describe the investigation that produced it as a "rigged witch hunt."

"I briefed President Trump about these allegations earlier this week," Rosenstein said. "The President is fully aware of today’s actions by the Department."

1 minute ago, begooode said:

Here's what Trump said:

"I think that we're being hurt very badly by the — I would call it the witch hunt. I would call it the rigged witch hunt after watching some of the little clips. I didn't get to watch too much, because I'm here, it's a different time zone to, put it mildly. But after watching the people — the man that was testifying yesterday, I call it the rigged witch hunt. I think that really hurts our country, and it really hurts our relationship with Russia. I think that we would have a chance to have a very good relationship with Russia, and a very good chance — very good relationship with president Putin. I would hope so."

Approximately two hours later back in Washington, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein announced that the Department of Justice had indicted 12 Russian nationals for hacking into Hillary Clinton's campaign and the DNC in the runup to the 2016 election.

Rosenstein stated that he had briefed Trump earlier this week. This means President Trump knew of the indictment, and still chose to describe the investigation that produced it as a "rigged witch hunt."

"I briefed President Trump about these allegations earlier this week," Rosenstein said. "The President is fully aware of today’s actions by the Department."

What a disgrace. 

Based on the OPPO research that was in the hacked emails it is pretty certain the congressional candidate who asked for it is Republican Ron DeSantis from Florida, who sits on the judiciary committee and oversight/govt reform and actually questioned Strzok yesterday. This is off the reservation crazy. 

5 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

Based on the OPPO research that was in the hacked emails it is pretty certain the congressional candidate who asked for it is Republican Ron DeSantis from Florida, who sits on the judiciary committee and oversight/govt reform and actually questioned Strzok yesterday. This is off the reservation crazy. 

Well, this article from August of 2017 certainly is alot more interesting all of a sudden:

A Republican lawmaker has put forth an amendment that would stop funding for the special counsel’s Russia investigation 180 days after it becomes law. 

The amendment from Rep. Ron DeSantis (R-Fla.) would also prevent special counsel Robert Mueller from probing “matters occurring before June 2015,” which is the month Trump announced his presidential bid.

The amendment was submitted as part of the upcoming spending package the lower chamber is expected to weigh after the congressional recess.

Mueller, who was appointed special counsel in May, is responsible for investigating Russia’s interference in the presidential election and any potential ties between President Trump’s campaign staff and Moscow.

If it is DeSantis, BTW, who solicited and received stolen property, the guy is former JAG and former federal prosecutor, so obviously would have known exactly what he was doing.

Very much in doubt still who the congressman was that received the stolen info. Some saying it isn't DeSantis even though he makes the most sense based on the facts. Based on who he is Desantis would shock the hell out of me.