NashvilleNinja

Which Titan, player or coach, do you think has the most to prove?

Who has the most to prove?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who has the most to prove?

• Dion Lewis
    • Derrick Henry
    • Mike Vrabel
    • Matt LaFleur
    • Marcus Mariota
    • Corey Davis
    • Dean Pees
    • Kerry Coombs
    • Kevin Dodd
    • Malcolm Butler
    • Other player
    • Other coach

2 minutes ago, ctm said:

I think you can make a case for Mariota or Vrabel, but no one else is even in the running.

Henry is too but the fact that we have another RB lessens the need for him to prove himself

Huston   
26 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Mariota... It's not even close

Explain please, just making sure you understand the question before you do your normal just to be contrary thing.

Edited by Huston

abc2330   
55 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

100% Mariota. This is a make or break season for him. 

I've changed my answer to LaFluer.  QBs don't exactly grow on trees, and Mariota will be in the league as long as he wants to be.  Vrabel has pressure as well, but is a defensive guy and it's very unlikely that the defense falters. If the record isn't bad, he's not in trouble. 

The offense is 100% LaFluer.  He must improve a QB who has a young and unproven WR group, and also improve those young WRs,  and make a RB committee work.  Conklin will be out for a while, and there are 3 OL who basically only played well under our last regime , compared to what they were early in their careers.  It almost feels like he has to blow us away in order to justify firing Mukarkey.

patsplat   

Mariota's shown he's at least an average starter.  He's shown he is capable of being elite.  He hasn't shown he can avoid injury.  He hasn't shown he can consistently be elite.

Mariota needs to show he can go from Average to Great, and there's been evidence of great.

Derrick Henry has not shown that he can be an average starter.  He's flashed elite ability as a backup, and also shown weaknesses in his game.

Derrick Henry has more to prove.

Davis has to show he can avoid injury.

Dodd has nothing to show.

15 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

I've changed my answer to LaFluer.  QBs don't exactly grow on trees, and Mariota will be in the league as long as he wants to be.  Vrabel has pressure as well, but is a defensive guy and it's very unlikely that the defense falters. If the record isn't bad, he's not in trouble. 

The offense is 100% LaFluer.  He must improve a QB who has a young and unproven WR group, and also improve those young WRs,  and make a RB committee work.  Conklin will be out for a while, and there are 3 OL who basically only played well under our last regime , compared to what they were early in their careers.  It almost feels like he has to blow us away in order to justify firing Mukarkey.

Exactly. I mean, if you want to get technical about it Jon Robinson has the most to prove since he did the firing.

The people saying it's Mariota and not even close are just grabbing at low hanging fruit.

49 minutes ago, Huston said:

Explain please, just making sure you understand the question before you do your normal just to be contrary thing.

Wentz has to prove he is healthy. Both him and Mariota has shown greatness but Wentz has shown just as much of it in a shorter time frame.

People in the media and on message boards haven't questioned how well he can play consistently, whether you want to blame that on being in a better scheme so be it. But throughout Mariota's career he has had a lot more questions (that are all valid) about him. He has to PROVE that he can stay healthy, almost a check, and play great consistently. Wentz hasn't had the tape to give people the same doubt like Mariota has.

Not sure why you are getting so defensive about people thinking that Wentz has less bad tape on him than Mariota does.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

Malcolm butler was my vote, I agree Marcus and a few other have alot to prove but we just gavea pretty hefty contract to butler to be our #1 lockdown corner and after a slightly down year last year and the benching in the super bowl he has quite a bit to prove to show he was worthy of the contract he just got

I checked LaFleur.  He is responsible for developing the offensive scheme and teaching that to other coaches and players.  He will be responsible for playcalling for the first time in his new scheme.  This is his first time doing both at this level.  Pees has done this with other teams so he has less to prove.  LaFleur has not.

Granted that Mariotta has a lot to prove both off the field (learning new playbook) and on the field (raising his level of performance and leading this team).  I do believe, however, that he has shown enough in the past three years to excell both on and off the field.

Granted that others have much to show also, especially Henry and Davis.  And that doesn't even include the UFA and their futures with this team.  

pro

Huston   
17 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Wentz has to prove he is healthy. Both him and Mariota has shown greatness but Wentz has shown just as much of it in a shorter time frame.

People in the media and on message boards haven't questioned how well he can play consistently, whether you want to blame that on being in a better scheme so be it. But throughout Mariota's career he has had a lot more questions (that are all valid) about him. He has to PROVE that he can stay healthy, almost a check, and play great consistently. Wentz hasn't had the tape to give people the same doubt like Mariota has.

Not sure why you are getting so defensive about people thinking that Wentz has less bad tape on him than Mariota does.

"Who has more to prove with his team, Marcus or Wentz."

Thats why I asked you to read it again but you still missed the point.

The Eagles have shown they are capable of winning and going all the way without Wentz. The Titans so far have shown they are the Browns without Marcus and he has had actual playoff success, to the public and media of course its Marcus but in real life he would be 2nd or 3rd.

2 minutes ago, Huston said:

"Who has more to prove with his team, Marcus or Wentz."

Thats why I asked you to read it again but you still missed the point.

The Eagles have shown they are capable of winning and going all the way without Wentz. The Titans so far have shown they are the Browns without Marcus and he has had actual playoff success, to the public and media of course its Marcus but in real life he would be 2nd or 3rd.

Okay, take media out of my response and it's still the same answer... What doubts do you think the Eagles have of Wentz? staying healthy. You think Mariota literally has zero doubts of anyone on the team?

Get your head out of your ass, they respect the fuck out of him but they still want him to play at his potential week in and week out. No matter how you slice it, Mariota has worse tape on him than Wentz

1 hour ago, abc2330 said:

LaFleur has a stellar record with developing QBs. I don’t think he has anything to prove on that front. He also helped design the offense in LA last year even though he wasn’t calling plays. So I’d say all he has to prove is that he’s a quality playcaller. 

8MM   
16 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

You think Mariota literally has zero doubts of anyone on the team?

That wasn't the question.