Warriors sign DeMarcus Cousins

reo

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jake is a warrior hater lol. How many nba teams have drafted 4 All nba players that were on the same team? Of course you can’t draft your whole roster lol. Durant was a luxury signing. We went to two

Exactly, they drafted 3 all-stars, one an MVP, all outside top 6 picks.  And won before signing a big outside name like Durant.   So yeah it feels like piling on as they add people, but at t

Wow. If he is healthy by playoff time, look out...

They can afford to let him recover slowly. They have never really needed much at center before. But if he can come back by the end of the season that offense is a monster... or at least an even bigger one.

A lot of people hate this type of thing but maybe since I'm not a huge NBA fan anyway, I'm looking forward to it.

I mean it's not like they're just richer than everyone else I don't think. After drafting Curry they've just been able to build off him really well.

24 minutes ago, reo said:

A lot of people hate this type of thing but maybe since I'm not a huge NBA fan anyway, I'm looking forward to it.

I mean it's not like they're just richer than everyone else I don't think. After drafting Curry they've just been able to build off him really well.

That's actually make one take on them.  They got Curry/Thompson/Green with the 7th/11th/35th picks.  Not like they were handing #1s for 3 in a row or built a super team a la Miami.  In building from the draft up it feels a bit more legit and easier to support than a team merely signing a bunch of stars.  Durant has really been the only one like that, though he was a huge one.

Jake is a warrior hater lol. How many nba teams have drafted 4 All nba players that were on the same team? Of course you can’t draft your whole roster lol. Durant was a luxury signing. We went to two finals without him. Livingston and Iggy are our two other coveted FAs we signed lol. Boogie is just another luxury of being the best team in the nba. Players will take nothing to come get a ring now. 

Curry took a massive pay cut on a shit deal to make them what they are and that is what rubs me the wrong way when it comes to the rest of the league. Its actually makes the NBA a worse league. I now find myself constantly wishing a bunch of all-stars chasing a championship would all join another team on a pay-cut and do the same shit to the Warriors. 

2 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

No shit. You literally repeated what I just said. So are you a hater then?

You're becoming as dumb as OF.

I was mocking you mocking them for being “more legit” because they went after “amazing” FAs like iggy and Livingston. 

You are crazy if you think the way the warriors built their dynasty isn’t more legit than anything else in recent years in the nba. 

28 minutes ago, Downtown said:

Curry took a massive pay cut on a shit deal to make them what they are and that is what rubs me the wrong way when it comes to the rest of the league. Its actually makes the NBA a worse league. I now find myself constantly wishing a bunch of all-stars chasing a championship would all join another team on a pay-cut and do the same shit to the Warriors. 

Curry took a massive pay cut? When? Are you referring to his 2nd contract when he was viewed as injury prone and barely averaging over 20 points a game? 

Edited by CaliTitan3518

2 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Jake is a warrior hater lol. How many nba teams have drafted 4 All nba players that were on the same team? Of course you can’t draft your whole roster lol. Durant was a luxury signing. We went to two finals without him. Livingston and Iggy are our two other coveted FAs we signed lol. Boogie is just another luxury of being the best team in the nba. Players will take nothing to come get a ring now. 

Exactly, they drafted 3 all-stars, one an MVP, all outside top 6 picks.  And won before signing a big outside name like Durant.

So yeah it feels like piling on as they add people, but at the beginning they were underdog winners, and fun to watch.  No wonder they picked up neutral fans who didn't have a lock down fav in the sport.  All in all they have been the best thing in the NBA in a while to draw fans back in who were burnt out on too many prima donna dominating the scene.  Shame the Spurs don't get more fan credit, but sadly though they are a TEAM through and through in most of Pop's history, they were, well.... relatively boring.  The Warriors are fun, a bit flashy, but all about each other.  Good for kids coming up to see to, minus the need to shoot from 300' away all the time.

I had Dr J to look to for inspiration.  Curry is a solid one I think for kids today.  Says you don't have to be a physical specimen like LBJ and can still win an MVP.  Gets them out dribbling and dribbling.  (Yes, just got done coaching boy's bball team a spell ago.)

What a hollow uneventful championship team/dynasty. 

The NBA better hope LeBron takes LA deep. 

I assumed GS would sweep the Cavs in the finals and didn't watch after the first two games. No one would have watched if LeBron wasn't there. Will anyone care next year if GS sleep walks to another title? 

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

What a hollow uneventful championship team/dynasty. 

The NBA better hope LeBron takes LA deep. 

I assumed GS would sweep the Cavs in the finals and didn't watch after the first two games. No one would have watched if LeBron wasn't there. Will anyone care next year if GS sleep walks to another title? 

I will. I'd like them to beat the Bulls record for wins in a season as they do it too.

Quite the stretch to say that Golden State is some home grown team. They deserve criticism, just like all the other superstar teams in any sport in any era.

Honestly, is rather see sports be uncapped and have teams like the Yankees just buy their championships. Salary caps aren't difficult to work around but if you have a superstar for less than market value (especially if they willingly do it to attract other players), that's much more difficult to counter than anything the Yankees have ever done.