Lebron James to Lakers

kyle021

3 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Warriors have been going through “good” teams for 4 straight years now. You don’t play every team in the playoffs

We'll see, based on how playoffs are they really haven't gone against a challenge until the Western Finals... You add another team and that likely means they will be pushed a series before that too.

You may not think they'll be a threat but there is no doubt in my mind they are going to be MUCH better than a crippled Spurs, Pelicans (hell even OKC most likely).... You're trying to tell me that going against a tougher team no matter how you slice it makes no difference?

The best player in the world just went to the west, that no matter what makes the entire conference better because a non-playoff team is just going to muddy it up and push a "bad" team out

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is honestly the worst thread on TR.

Roster might be worse than the one he had with CLE last year.  Lot of non shooters there in LA.

Whose next? He’s not signing here alone

2 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

We'll see, based on how playoffs are they really haven't gone against a challenge until the Western Finals... You add another team and that likely means they will be pushed a series before that too.

You may not think they'll be a threat but there is no doubt in my mind they are going to be MUCH better than a crippled Spurs, Pelicans (hell even OKC most likely).... You're trying to tell me that going against a tougher team no matter how you slice it makes no difference?

The best player in the world just went to the west, that no matter what makes the entire conference better because a non-playoff team is just going to muddy it up and push a "bad" team out

Sure the conference got better but nothing got tougher because the warriors are still hands down the better team. Losing maybe 1 game in a series doesn’t make anything tough. I don’t think they will be much better than OKC unless they bring in more. I think if spurs have a healthy Kawhi they are right on par. It’s been proven the best player in the world can’t beat the warriors alone. Either they have to bring in more or these young guys are going to have to step up. Playing with Lebron brings a lot of pressure.

26 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Only reasom he cant admit it is because he's scared. Not because of what we are. But what we could be.

One year deals everywhere. In 2020 its gonna be LBJ, KL, and Boogie or AD.

Ive already said they will need to bring in more to be a threat. These vets on 1 year deals won’t be enough. If they can bring in KL and AD that would be a scary team. They would need some team friendly deals from the rest of their roster. Warriors have proven to be a great team. I have to see a talented roster become a great team before I worry about them. 

1 minute ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Legitimate threat, yes, I said it too. But as is, they still aren't going to be an easy out. Ill admit, I think Randle wanting out could have really put a dent in that. We'll see what happens next. 

Boogie is a warrior is what’s next lol

Warriors are odds on favorites next season, and Boogie only adds to that. Warriors can afford for him to miss half the season, but when he comes back good god that offense. 

In terms of the Lakers, the truth is somewhere between what Jake is saying and everyone else. He is right in that the Lakers have more potential than they are getting credit for even if they don't get Kawhi. They are building this team to be players in the next couple of FAs while reasonably being able to compete this season. They are trying a different model of building around LeBron--while moves like signing Rondo seems redundant, they've got a lengthy, switchable defensive lineup with young + defenders. Ingram, Stephenson, KCP, Lonzo--all of these guys give LeBron a more flexible, attacking defense than he's had. And think about the one year deals--they aren't committing long term to anyone BUT Bron. Rondo doesn't fit? Let him go. KCP doesn't fit? Let him go. Rondo? Goodbye. It makes sense to do it this way if you aren't sure you can land Kawhi. 

Golden State were the odds on favorites anyway. Now Boogie is not a lock to come back 100% and he is injury prone, but damn the guy can ball if healthy. I think LeBron is more than capable of putting it behind him if LA drops to GS or Houston this season. 

And here's the thing--the Warriors just added another massive star with a massive ego after undergoing a clear rift with KD last season--there's salt there. Very serious rumors that KD will go to the Knicks with Kyrie. He has a player option. Maybe he opts out and get recruited by LeBron. Maybe the Lakers make a play for Davis, who just bought a house in LA. Or maybe Davis goes to Chicago. Either way the landscape of the NBA will shift again. This Lakers team is built to see what they have in guys and shift again next season, this time building around LeBron with LeBron and Magic working together. 

28 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Wow

Bet you aren't even a bball fan. Just a GSW bandwagoner.

I’m assuming you are referring to deandre Jordan but I just figured you would be talking about someone far better. 

Anyone who would prefer Deandre Jordan over Boogie is a fool. 

Edited by CaliTitan3518

Deandre Jordan wouldn’t be a good fit for the warriors so no I wouldn’t want him. All he does is dunk the ball so the high fg % means nothing to me. He would probably only play around 20 mins a game. Would t be worth the cost. Now if he wanted to come here for 5 mil I would welcome him. 

You wanted Boogie and now you are bashing him lol. The guy can take his time recovering now. No pressure to get on the court. Little money we had? We swapped nick Young’s contract for Boogie lol. I’m busting a nut on the value. He probably doesn’t average 25 but I’d be surprised if he doesn’t average a double double with the points being around 20. I want a player whose skill set keeps him on the floor at all times. A C who wants to be a SF will get far more mins on our team than a traditional rim protecting C. 

Edited by CaliTitan3518

13 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

You're an idiot. Saying DJ is a better fit is not bashing Boogie. 

Dude has a legit injury that has ended many careers. Hes 6'11 270. If you think he will be anything close to 80% by the playoffs, you're high.

You got him for one year. No, you got him for 3 months, at best. Then he is gone. Unless we get KL this year, I wouldn't have expected us to get past GSW anyway. Unless that happens, this is more media fire than anything else.

He knows he isnt likely to play much this year. Even if he does come back, you think he'll be playing more than 20 minutes a game?

He is trying to ride them for a ring so he can go wherever he wants in 2019.

Again, very possible yall just threw away 5 million dollars. Just saying.

It’s also possible we just got an all nba caliber player for 5 mil. Just saying. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2018 at 10:13 AM, 'Nator said:

You gotta be retarded to think that Lebron went to LA and that no other big time moves are going to be made. 

One has nothing to do with the other, he went to LA because that's where the celebrities are. LeBron already has his 3 rings.

Anyone who thinks that LeBron joined the Lakers to win another championship has gotta be retarded. Anyone who goes to LA will be his bitch.

LeBron is a total control freak, who do you think was behind all those moves in Cleveland? He's gonna surround himself with all his bitches.

On 7/2/2018 at 3:38 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

Lakers as presently constructed are a top 5 team. 

On 7/2/2018 at 3:43 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

Lonzo Ball

Kentavious C-Pope

LeBron James

Julis Randle

Ivan Zubac

Josh Hart

Lance Stephenson

Brandon Ingram

Kyle Kuzma

Javele McGee

A top 5 team in their division? Of course. A top 5 team in the conference? Possibly. A top 5 team in the entire NBA? No way. Not even with Rondo.

Edited by Oiler FANatic