Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JakePA_Titan

NBA Free Agency Talk

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Lmao. They dont suck. 

 

If they brought back everyone they had and only add PG, they make the playoffs.

 

Borderlined playoff with LBJ? Not if LBJ plays like he has for the past two years. It would be a lock. 

Straight trash. 

 

PG is overrated. OKC was barely a playoff team with him Westbrook and Melo.

 

i wouldn’t put them as a lock. I think they would make the playoffs but no chance they are a top 5 seed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Straight trash. 

 

PG is overrated. OKC was barely a playoff team with him Westbrook and Melo.

 

i wouldn’t put them as a lock. I think they would make the playoffs but no chance they are a top 5 seed. 

By that logic there were 5 teams that barely made it and about 3 that almost did make it. Lol so what. Shows how competitive it was. And LA, with a group a youngins leading rhe charge on a team that NEVER played together til that year, actually beat most ppls expectations. And that was losing both Ingram and Ball for a month. 

 

Melo is hot garbage. Everyone knows that. All he is is a shooter and he can barely do that anymore.

 

Once Roberson went down, that was a 3 man squad. Westbrook, PG, and Adams. For two months those 3 carried that team to a playoff birth.

 

And how is PG overrated? Who are you comparing him to? He is easily a top 6 or 7 SF.

 

Factor in Durant, LBJ, KL, and Giannis are the cream of the crop, that puts PG right on the second tier. Where he should be.

 

Dude has averaged 24 pts while shooting 46% in a season. How is that overrated?

Edited by JakePA_Titan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Little Earl said:

PG is not a superstar, but certainly a very good player.  Made 3rd team all nba team 4 times.  That is good.

Hes not but hes close. Do you consider Leonard a superstar?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

By that logic there were 5 teams that barely made it and about 3 that almost did make it. Lol so what. Shows how competitive it was. And LA, with a group a youngins leading rhe charge on a team that NEVER played together til that year, actually beat most ppls expectations. And that was losing both Ingram and Ball for a month. 

 

Melo is hot garbage. Everyone knows that. All he is is a shooter and he can barely do that anymore.

 

Once Roberson went down, that was a 3 man squad. Westbrook, PG, and Adams. For two months those 3 carried that team to a playoff birth.

 

And how is PG overrated? Who are you comparing him to? He is easily a top 6 or 7 SF.

 

Factor in Durant, LBJ, KL, and Giannis are the cream of the crop, that puts PG right on the second tier. Where he should be.

 

Dude has averaged 24 pts while shooting 46% in a season. How is that overrated?

Exactly it’s competitive so idk how you can say adding only PG makes them a lock for playoffs. PG is a good player but isnt a superstar. He’s more Robin than a Batman. And I’m assuming you saw the playoff stats because he didn’t average 24 pt and he never has in his career. He’s a low 20s-5-3 type player. Sure that will help and improve that team but by how much? Only way you are a lock in the West to make playoffs is if you think you are a 50 win team. Other than that you are fighting for a playoff birth until the end of the season.

Edited by CaliTitan3518

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Little Earl said:

He played like one two years ago.  

Well PGs numbers are comparable to KLs from one and two years ago. 

 

The only difference really is KL is a better on ball defender. But PG is better offensively.

Edited by JakePA_Titan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Exactly it’s competitive so idk how you can say adding only PG makes them a lock for playoffs. PG is a good player but isnt a superstar. He’s more Robin than a Batman. And I’m assuming you saw the playoff stats because he didn’t average 24 pt and he never has in his career. He’s a low 20s-5-3 type player. Sure that will help and improve that team but by how much? Only way you are a lock in the West to make playoffs is if you think you are a 50 win team. Other than that you are fighting for a playoff birth until the end of the season.

I did not say adding only PG makes them a lock. I did say I think they make the playoffs.

 

I said adding only LBJ makes them a lock because you said adding only LBJ makes them a borderlined playoff team. That's ridiculous.

 

On 6/24/2018 at 4:01 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

Lmao. They dont suck. 

 

If they brought back everyone they had and only add PG, they make the playoffs.

 

Borderlined playoff with LBJ? Not if LBJ plays like he has for the past two years. It would be a lock. 

 

No one said he was a batman. I even said as much earlier...maybe in a different thread, but I sais he would make a freat 2 behind LBJ or KL. And I think they missed playoffs by 7 games. I do think a healthy year and adding PG gets them that extra 7. And who knows, maybe with Westbrook having melo as his #2 insteas of PG, maybe they fall out of the playoffs. Maybe MINN trades Towns and they fall out. Maybe NO trades Davis and they fall out...a lot can happen.

 

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/georgpa01.html

 

PG averaged 23.7 and 6.6 his last year in IND. Close enough to be be considered 24. Damn good numbers. 

 

Also, if you look at his playoff stats, he even averaged 28 in IND. Dude is a star, but because he isnt on LBJ or Durants level, ppl say he's overrated. Ridciulous.

 

PG - Ball

SG - KCP

SF - George

PF - Randle

C - Lopez

 

Bench

 

PG - Hart

SG - Ingram

SF - Kuzma

PF - Wagner

C - Zubac

 

They would have to stay healthy, but Id put money that they make the playoffs. But I dont expect us to bring back KCP or Lopez. So we'll see what happens. 

Edited by JakePA_Titan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Well PGs numbers are comparable to KLs from one and two years ago. 

 

The only difference really is KL is a better on ball defender. But PG is better offensively.

How is PG better offensively, when KL put up better numbers two years ago than PG ever did?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

How is PG better offensively, when KL put up better numbers two years ago than PG ever did?

Haha, not really. He bested him in points by 1.8 per. 

 

Other than that, you go year by year or career numbers, they are neck and neck.

 

And if you go year by year, PG has put up more assists and boards in a single year than KL ever has.

 

Dont get me wrong, I would take KL over PG, mostly because of age and on ball D, but KL is not that much better than PG statistically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Haha, not really. He bested him in points by 1.8 per. 

 

Other than that, you go year by year or career numbers, they are neck and neck.

 

And if you go year by year, PG has put up more assists and boards in a single year than KL ever has.

 

Dont get me wrong, I would take KL over PG, mostly because of age and on ball D, but KL is not that much better than PG statistically.

I would take KL, but he has such a fragile ego.   Buyer beware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

I would take KL, but he has such a fragile ego.   Buyer beware.

That's a false narrative made up by Spurs fans who are mad at the fact that he doesnt want to be there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

I did not say adding only PG makes them a lock. I did say I think they make the playoffs.

 

I said adding only LBJ makes them a lock because you said adding only LBJ makes them a borderlined playoff team. That's ridiculous.

 

 

No one said he was a batman. I even said as much earlier...maybe in a different thread, but I sais he would make a freat 2 behind LBJ or KL. And I think they missed playoffs by 7 games. I do think a healthy year and adding PG gets them that extra 7. And who knows, maybe with Westbrook having melo as his #2 insteas of PG, maybe they fall out of the playoffs. Maybe MINN trades Towns and they fall out. Maybe NO trades Davis and they fall out...a lot can happen.

 

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/georgpa01.html

 

PG averaged 23.7 and 6.6 his last year in IND. Close enough to be be considered 24. Damn good numbers. 

 

Also, if you look at his playoff stats, he even averaged 28 in IND. Dude is a star, but because he isnt on LBJ or Durants level, ppl say he's overrated. Ridciulous.

 

PG - Ball

SG - KCP

SF - George

PF - Randle

C - Lopez

 

Bench

 

PG - Hart

SG - Ingram

SF - Kuzma

PF - Wagner

C - Zubac

 

They would have to stay healthy, but Id put money that they make the playoffs. But I dont expect us to bring back KCP or Lopez. So we'll see what happens. 

Lol ok well you said if they add PG they make playoffs. You didn’t say you think they would or that was your opinion. Sounded like a lock to me. Regardless my opinion was only adding PG to their current roster wouldn’t improved the team enough to make them compete for anything other than a playoff spot. Now they likely do more than just add PG so it’s really pointless to argue about. I think if they added only Lebron they would be fighting for playoff spot. They likely make it but definitely wouldn’t call them a lock.  

 

I agree lots of things can happen so we will see. All I know is I’m looking forward to the warriors pulling off a 3 peat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Lol ok well you said if they add PG they make playoffs. You didn’t say you think they would or that was your opinion. Sounded like a lock to me. Regardless my opinion was only adding PG to their current roster wouldn’t improved the team enough to make them compete for anything other than a playoff spot. Now they likely do more than just add PG so it’s really pointless to argue about. I think if they added only Lebron they would be fighting for playoff spot. They likely make it but definitely wouldn’t call them a lock.  

 

I agree lots of things can happen so we will see. All I know is I’m looking forward to the warriors pulling off a 3 peat. 

Do you think OKC makes playoffs if they lose PG?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Do you think OKC makes playoffs if they lose PG?

I think they would compete for playoffs but if they lose him they likely bring in another player to replace him. Hell they made the playoffs by what 2-3 games with him? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×