Sign in to follow this  
JakePA_Titan

NBA Free Agency Talk

Kick it off with what I believe is the nail in the coffin for Philly not attracting LBJ.

This here implies to me Philly believes he is not the GOAT and could only become hte GOAT by going to Philly.

I believe LBJ believes he is the GOAT regardless of what happens. Although Im sure he would like to theoretically seal it by at least tying or passing MJ with 6 or 7 titles. 

Therefore I believe he will see this as a sign of disrespect. 

Other key notes include:

Rumor of Leonard and PG13 wanting to be in LA are stronger than ever. A couple key updates are that SA has basically "shut the door" on any chance of trading KL to the Lakers. And new rumors of PG13 staying in OKC are being pushed by Westbrooks agent and nobody else.

Brian Windhorst reported that he believes LBJs landing spots have come down to LA and CLE and those two alone.

Dwight Howard should be bought out soon after just being traded and reports are Cavs (if LBJ stays) and Warriors are two teams likely to pursue him.

And talks about POR and or TOR making moves with "bigger" names are heating up.

9 days til the start of FA.

As great as LBJ is, not sure how good he would be to a team as young as the Sixers.   Leonard scares me given he seems to be like a little girl with hurt feelings, coupled with the fact you have to give up something in a trade, and can then lose him in a year.   PG13 is not as good as the other two, but may be the safer sign (at least for the Sixers).

I really hope if they trade for Kawhi that they don't give up Fultz. 

I'm on board for either LeBron or PG, though. LeBron is the ultimate team player, so I'm not worried about fit. I think he'd be more than okay sharing the ball with Simmons, Embiid and hopefully Fultz. Paul George would be an excellent replacement/upgrade for the role JJ played this past season.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2782475-lakers-lead-odds-to-land-lebron-james-after-2018-nba-draft-heat-fall-off

The Los Angeles Lakers are the odds-on favorites to sign LeBron James this offseason.

According to OddsShark, the Lakers lead the pack with 4-13 odds, and the Cleveland Cavaliers are second with 13-4 odds. The Miami Heat, where James spent four seasons, look like a long shot, sporting 40-1 odds

He was never going to the west though.....

Why would he go to LA, their young talent sucks and are a bunch of busts. We'll see.

Edited by JakePA_Titan

5 hours ago, Cornrow Wallace said:

I really hope if they trade for Kawhi that they don't give up Fultz

I'm on board for either LeBron or PG, though. LeBron is the ultimate team player, so I'm not worried about fit. I think he'd be more than okay sharing the ball with Simmons, Embiid and hopefully Fultz. Paul George would be an excellent replacement/upgrade for the role JJ played this past season.

I don't see any other way unless you're ok with giving up at least two of Covington, Saric, and the newly acquired Smith. Idk see why they even risk it for possibly one year anyway.

6 hours ago, Little Earl said:

As great as LBJ is, not sure how good he would be to a team as young as the Sixers.   Leonard scares me given he seems to be like a little girl with hurt feelings, coupled with the fact you have to give up something in a trade, and can then lose him in a year.   PG13 is not as good as the other two, but may be the safer sign (at least for the Sixers).

No young team with what appears to be a bright future should want LBJ. He comes with two peak level years which probably sacrifices the future. Leonard doesn't scare me at all. If he is somewhere he wants to be and with a team that wants him, I wouldn't be worried in the least. Plus, he's only 26.

PG is obviously the least of the three, but in LAs case, if they get one, they most likely get two. That would make PG the #2 and he is a damn good #2.

Edited by JakePA_Titan

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/6/22/17494882/la-lakers-rob-pelinka-nba-teams-trades-haters-losers-ringz

No doubt...Its obvious. Ever since the Kobe trade and getting Shaq, no teams want to deal with us.

It took a lifetime Laker in Jerry West in MEM to send us Gasol.

Even the old commisioner in Stern wouldnt let us make a deal for CP3 because other owners threw a bitch fit about it.

Jealousy. Everywhere.

Edited by JakePA_Titan

Maybe people havent forgotten how they made out like a bandit in trading away Bynum.  Granted Howard didnt work out for them, but the Sixers were decimated.    And yes, people dont forget the many lopsided trades they have won over the years......Kobe, Worthy, Magic, Kareem to name a few.

22 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2782475-lakers-lead-odds-to-land-lebron-james-after-2018-nba-draft-heat-fall-off

He was never going to the west though.....

Why would he go to LA, their young talent sucks and are a bunch of busts. We'll see.

I highly doubt the current Lakers roster is a factor to why he wants to come to LA.

1 hour ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

I highly doubt the current Lakers roster is a factor to why he wants to come to LA.

Might not be a main factor, but of course they are. If they truly did suck, he wouldnt even entertain the idea.

OzTitan   

James said he wants to go to a team with smart players/high bball IQ. I don't see how going to LA improves his lot, it would just mean an earlier exit in the playoffs, being the west. And I don't really see how he gets those players to come with him, especially when a guy like KL is not in control of his destination.

Is Houston ruled out?

6 minutes ago, OzTitan said:

James said he wants to go to a team with smart players/high bball IQ. I don't see how going to LA improves his lot, it would just mean an earlier exit in the playoffs, being the west. And I don't really see how he gets those players to come with him, especially when a guy like KL is not in control of his destination.

Is Houston ruled out?

Idek where to start so Im not touching it.

23 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Might not be a main factor, but of course they are. If they truly did suck, he wouldnt even entertain the idea.

They do suck and probably are borderline playoff team if they only add James. He knows they will be bringing in other max contract quality players so they are appealing. And it’s LA.

15 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

They do suck and probably are borderline playoff team if they only add James. He knows they will be bringing in other max contract quality players so they are appealing. And it’s LA.

Lmao. They dont suck. 

If they brought back everyone they had and only add PG, they make the playoffs.

Borderlined playoff with LBJ? Not if LBJ plays like he has for the past two years. It would be a lock.