Lewan holding out and not attending mini camp.

heyitsmeallen

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have no problem with the players using the leverage they have to get the best deal they can.

Are you 12? OF COURSE business > sport. Players make these owners billions. Why should he risk rendering himself unable to get the most lucrative deal he possibly can just for a minicamp? You think

As I've gotten older I've shifted my stance on this sort of thing. The bottom line is NFL contracts aren't guaranteed and teams fuck over players all the time. I'm not going to blame Lewan for wanting

3 hours ago, Bongo59 said:

Nope.  If Conklin was not hurt I would have him take all Lewan's reps.  TN OT spot is pretty solid right now.  Championship teams do not hold out with new staff still doing the installation.  Lewan knows it and if he was a leader he'd be in.  He does not even need to go on the field but he should be there.  

He isn’t holding out. He’s being pragmatic. I’m sure Robinson agrees with this. Even In Vrabel’s press conference he basically said as much. He’s been there the entire time up until now. Neither side wants him exposed until he’s secure. 

4 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

It shouldn't be....

But is.

How?  He will pay Lewan.  End of story.  2nd contract for a stud LT who is pro bowler.  Believe me, this is no test for JRob.

4 hours ago, Bongo59 said:

Nope.  If Conklin was not hurt I would have him take all Lewan's reps.  TN OT spot is pretty solid right now.  Championship teams do not hold out with new staff still doing the installation.  Lewan knows it and if he was a leader he'd be in.  He does not even need to go on the field but he should be there.  

All I have to say to this is you’re a fucktard. 

Sorry. 

14 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Currently, imo, it is a test. Everday Lewan misses due to a contract he hasn't gotten that you say (and I assume everyone else believes) is inevitable is a test that will become an issue depending on the timeline.

Couple days, no biggie. Couple weeks, an issue.

Bad Take

The LT/RT of the Titans are in great shape, they are smart guys so the playbook is not a problem, and they are the best players on the team by a mile. No worries if they miss a couple of weeks before preseason.

BTW, what does it say when OTs are the best football players on your team...

from a philosophical roster building standpoint, is it wise to spend $16.5-17 million a season on a top 5 LT.

depending on when Donald/Mack do their contracts, Lewan is probably going to be a top 10 paid non QB in the NFL when his deal is done.

at that price you are nearing 10% of the entire salary cap.

It's his option year. Lewan will play this year regardless of what shakes out of the contract negotiations and he'll play at a high level. Playing out your option year as a player, puts you in risk of injuring yourself, which would greatly impact the second contract you get regardless of who it's with. (The second contract for offensive lineman is THE big payout) Lewan is a major piece of the puzzle if we want to make a serious playoff run. Guys like him don't come around every  day. Show him the money.

Martin is represented by the same management group as Lewan, with this deal Martin becomes the 2nd highest paid OL in the NFL, huge money for a G.

Lewan's management are going to want squeeze every last dollar out of the Titans and set a new benchmark for OL contracts.

might take a 6yr $100 million deal with $55 million guaranteed to secure Lewan long term.

good on Lewan for having some fun regarding his contract situation, I would be pretty excited if I knew that around $50 million guaranteed was coming my way soon.

if he signed a 6yr deal the total value of the contract is going to be right around $100 million