IsntLifeFunny

So that IG report we keep hearing about

begooode   
1 hour ago, Little Earl said:

And how many times did we hear that from you guys about Trump going down for Russian collusion.....

,...The campaign is further stated to have "welcomed" this ongoing interference as they “expected [to] benefit electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts”.[13][14][15] It also identifies links between Trump campaign officials and individuals with ties to the Russian government,[16] about which several persons connected to the campaign made false statements and obstructed investigations.[17]

During the investigation, the special counsel recommended the indictment of former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and his former deputy Rick Gates, and they were found guilty of criminal offenses stemming from their prior lobbying work for the Ukrainian Party of Regions. However, the investigation did not find sufficient evidence to conclude that the campaign "coordinated or conspired with the Russian government in its election-interference activities" and did not pursue charges for others beyond Manafort and Gates under statutes governing conspiracy or foreign agents.[17][18]

Investigators ultimately had an incomplete picture of what happened due to communications that were encrypted, deleted or unsaved, as well as testimony that was false, incomplete or declined.[19][20][21] Mueller later stated that his investigation's conclusion on Russian interference "deserves the attention of every American".[22]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mueller_Report

Justafan   

I work for an EO office, by the way, adjacent to the IG office so I'm fairly familiar with the rules because our office largely has to follow the same ones.

Literally, anyone can lodge an IG report over almost anything.  It doesn't mean anything.  In fact, I would estimate 90% of cases that go through our office end up being unsubstantiated by the investigator(s).

Edited by Justafan

Justafan   

Also, many investigations end up exactly how the Mueller report ended up... where the investigator basically says "I found wrongdoing but it doesn't fall under my exact mandate so I leave it to the adjudicating authority to, well, adjudicate".

Congress has chosen not to do so for political reasons but that is by no means an "exoneration" as has been suggested.  

Justafan   
2 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

If he's guilty, lock him up?

Did I get that right?

No.  The POTUS is in a unique position because the office he holds is immune to legal repercussion.  Try again. 

patsplat   
On 6/26/2019 at 5:27 PM, Justafan said:

No.  The POTUS is in a unique position because the office he holds is immune to legal repercussion.  Try again. 

This is an enormously problematic policy.  It is wrong, and Americans will suffer for it.

OILERMAN   
40 minutes ago, patsplat said:

This is an enormously problematic policy.  It is wrong, and Americans will suffer for it.

The House and Senate are suppose to be a check. Pelosi refuses to impeach for political reasons and the Senate would acquit anyway.