Trump disinvited Eagles from White House visit

Starkiller

5 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

This exactly why I didn't like the idea of protesting during the anthem. It's just too emotional for some people and emotion trumps logic most of the time. I personally don't find the protests offensive and don't think anyone else should but clearly some do and my objections can't change that.

Imagine if someone took the most sacred thing in the world to you and trampled on it or just outright spit in your face as you were walking by and then afterward claimed it as a noble act even though the act itself was anything but...

There are two sides to this story and to pretend like the ONLY story here that matters is the narrative about police violence (a completely valid narrative by the way) is disingenuous.  

My friends died defending that flag.  I've bled for that flag and suffered hardships that quite frankly many on this board are incapable of understanding.  So yes, I'm offended when someone disrespects it, even for a noble cause.  

I've earned that right, and damn anyone who says otherwise.  I fought for your right to protest and so protest away, but that doesn't mean I have to respect the way they went about doing it.  

Edited by Justafan

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watch carefully and take notes.   This is what happens when you tell the President to go fuck himself.   And this is what it's like to have a President who has a backbone and has t

Yeah plenty of times. George W. too I believe.   They handled it with class.   Despite what @Denali believes, this isn't a fucking hostage negotiation.   "Your friends do

Malcolm Jenkins response.    

Posted Images

1 hour ago, heyitsmeallen said:

Well written and a cogent statement. I’m not sure why people would be offended by them protesting. I understand, at least somewhat, coming from a military family, why some people would think it wasn’t the proper arena. Still, it doesn’t make sense to me to actually be upset about it. Peaceful demonstrations should be celebrated. 

I think some of it has to do wth the overall image of the NFL. They see stuff like the Ray Rice video to go along with all of the domestic violence and group all of the players into an amorphous blob of stupidity to now go along with what they see as protesting the country that gave them the opportunity to be millionaires. In that sense I can see their point, but I don’t think they’re correct. A couple of these players have lost their jobs over this. That shouldn’t be discounted, even if I think it’s stupid if others sit out over it. That’s their prerogative, and it won’t offend me regardless if I agree it’s a smart solution to the problem they’re trying to combat. 

Props to Jenkins for eloquently stating the truth of the matter. 

7 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Imagine if someone took the most sacred thing in the world to you and trampled on it or just outright spit in your face as you were walking by and then afterward claimed it as a noble act even though the act itself was anything but...

There are two sides to this story and to pretend like the ONLY story here that matters is the narrative about police violence (a completely valid narrative by the way) is disingenuous.  

My friends died defending that flag.  I've bled for that flag and suffered hardships that quite frankly many on this board are incapable of understanding.  So yes, I'm offended when someone disrespects it, even for a noble cause.  

I've earned that right, and damn anyone who says otherwise.  I fought for your right to protest and so protest away, but that doesn't mean I have to respect the way they went about doing it.  

Why does it disrespect you? Veterans are actually the people that recommended kneeling to Kaepernick. And there are a lot of veterans that have vocally endorsed his and other players actions. Historically kneeling is a form of reverence, not disrespect.  Your friends that died and you yourself fought for their right do do what they are doing. Even if you don’t agree with it. 

4 hours ago, bizzyeddie said:

the players have made it clear what they are protesting...do people actually think that they are lying?

Yes its a conspiracy. All of this is a conspiracy. It's the Libtard media fanning the flames!!! (Despite us already exposing the media interference and rooting out literal COINTEL agents and  opportunists)

1 minute ago, heyitsmeallen said:

Why does it disrespect you? Veterans are actually the people that recommended kneeling to Kaepernick. And there are a lot of veterans that have vocally endorsed his and other players actions. Historically kneeling is a form of reverence, not disrespect.  Your friends that died and you yourself fought for their right do do what they are doing. Even if you don’t agree with it. 

Why do I have to explain it?  I'm not sure how I could have made my position any clearer?  It's like you're saying that my point of view isn't valid because you don't agree with it.  How can I argue that?  Disagree and move on.

7 minutes ago, Justafan said:

You or your friends fought for a flag that doesn’t give a shit about you. You or your friends fought for a government that doesn’t give a shit about you. Just more veterans added to the pile that the government will let go by the wayside. They have all you dummies wrapped up under this nationalistic propaganda machine that is American exceptionalism.

People who are protesting want to raise the standard of what that flag represents. Just like I’m sure you and your friends did. Problem is you are picking the wrong side, the side that has you blind. The ones you are going to bat for, the government and the idealistic notion of what the flag is as a symbol, are wrong. They’ll use people just like you as a way to squash this under shame. You keep being upset at their methods though. Enjoy being the governments lapdog.

4 hours ago, Justafan said:

None of that changes the fact that intent is irrelevant if the impact is negative.  The communication for better or worse failed.  I can speak on that because it affected me personally.  I feel disrespected by it and I know others do too.  

It doesn't matter to me that that wasn't their intent.  I can intellectually understand it but It still feels like a slap in the face.  

You never fought for this issue. Even before it was about protests. I remember you. What type of game are you playing here? Talking about Trump being immature...

881284018_MLKonModerates.jpg.09be5ff303a3967da4f61173f4224738.jpg

1 hour ago, heyitsmeallen said:

Very eloquent response, points well-taken.

17 minutes ago, Justafan said:

But this was a perfect response to the counterpoint.

And lest we forget, this morphed from being about protesting police violence, whether the protests were legitimate or not, to players threatening not to play because a washed up never-really-was backup QB didn't get to cash an at least-6 figure check last year.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

1 minute ago, TheBukafax said:

You or your friends fought for a flag that doesn’t give a shit about you. You or your friends fought for a government that doesn’t give a shit about you. Just more veterans added to the pile that the government will let go by the wayside. They have all you dummies wrapped up under this nationalistic propaganda machine that is American exceptionalism.

People who are protesting want to raise the standard of what that flag represents. Just like I’m sure you and your friends did. Problem is you are picking the wrong side, the side that has you blind. The ones you are going to bat for, the government and the idealistic notion of what the flag is as a symbol, are wrong. They’ll use people just like you as a way to squash this under shame. You keep being upset at their methods though. Enjoy being the governments lapdog.

Enlightening.  @Jamalisms, you feel me now?

2 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I don’t agree with your conclusion, but I appreciate how you arrived at it. If you think about why it offends you then look at your exact words then I think you’ll even further appreciate why this country is great. You fought for our country so that these people could have the freedom to protest. It’s a perfect circle whereby the United States, as screwed up as we are, has for a long time fought for democracy and freedom around the world. 

On the flip side we’ve done some horrendous things. Look at Iran. We took out their only democratically elected leader in their history. We’ve ruined Libya and Iraq. We’ve helped in the destruction in Syria. We’ve furthered the cartels in South America and Mexico going back hundreds of years. We enslaved millions of people and held them down for generations. People of different ethnicities than Caucasian have logic behind their understanding that the flag and history of our nation means vastly different things to them than it does to us.

Coming from a mixed family with military history to go along with being a polisci major who now deals with a ton of foreigners from across the world has given me a strangely unique insight into how people view our country. It’s okay to step back and walk in someone’s shoes. It doesn’t mean you’re wrong, but it doesn’t make you right either. That’s the strange thing about politics: no one is truly right or wrong unless they’re defending, or fighting against, atrocities. In that sense I believe the players are right. They fully believe, and have put their careers on the line, to fight against what they rightly view as injustice. I wish it wasn’t a racial issue, but that’s what the media has made it into. 

I can respect that.

3 hours ago, Denali said:

Then why not kneel on the field during the game itself?  Every time the ball is snapped, the protesting players all take a knee.  That would bring attention too.

While I think it's an interesting thought to suggest that these players aren't disrespecting our country by kneeling during the national anthem, further insight and analysis indicates that thought to be proven false.  These players do not respect our country.  They despise it.  In other words, fuck them.

So because you despise corruption you hate the country?? 

So what you love our country's corruption?? Are you crazy?? You're not all there bro

6 minutes ago, TheBukafax said:

You really think they did all that just for a piece cloth? You really think our soldiers fight for "the government"? THEY'RE FIGHTING FOR US, YOU FUCK STICK! You, me, and even dirt eating shit stains like ME and CMJ. WE are that flag, guy.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

2 hours ago, Justafan said:

I’m not going down this rabbit hole with you. The kneeling was originally absolutely meant as a slap in the face to authority. It morphed and people have a right to protest. I and others also have a right to be offended by it.

Oh really?? That's why you kneel at church? Before royalty? Lower your head to authority? Who would've thunk. The irony.

The kneeling was actually suggested by a military vet to show respect to the flag and the country.

And you wonder why people don't take you seriously. Your total comprehension of issues is lacking and you act arrogant in your ignorance leading to a repeating cycle of corruption and abuse that you sir, don't have the balls or know how to address.

Basically you're an enabler who lacks the critical thought to solve complex issues.