Trump disinvited Eagles from White House visit

Starkiller

“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” Trump said, according to the publication and others who attended the meeting. He later suggested that the U.S. should bring in more immigrants from countries like Norway.

He later added, “Why do we need more Haitians? Take them out,” according to the Post. 

Donald Trump kicked off his 2016 presidential bid by disparaging Mexican immigrants.

“They are not our friend, believe me,” he said. “They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

According to The New York Times, Trump said during a meeting in June that Haitians “all have AIDS.” The White House vehemently denied the report.

Trump said that Nigerian immigrants wouldn’t ever “go back to their huts” in Africa. 

Edited by Huston

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watch carefully and take notes.   This is what happens when you tell the President to go fuck himself.   And this is what it's like to have a President who has a backbone and has t

Yeah plenty of times. George W. too I believe.   They handled it with class.   Despite what @Denali believes, this isn't a fucking hostage negotiation.   "Your friends do

Malcolm Jenkins response.    

Posted Images

I'm on a recycling kick lately (aka, I'm lazy).

On 9/29/2017 at 4:54 PM, begooode said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but there's another slice of history in this underbelly of patriotism and the quick equivalence made to the military and our troops; and that's the massive guilt complex we have over how we treated patriotism and our military in the during Vietnam saga. Late 60s to 1980 was a low point for the flag that still carries significant shame in our social conscious -- esp how our returning troops were treated. 

The fallout is that we may have 'over corrected' and now our tolerance for perceived disrespect of American symbols is relatively low.  When you factor in that we've been in a state of war since 911, it's certainly understandable. But I think we have to recall that the flag means different things to different people. Now that this relatively small protest has been instrumentalized by our president and inflamed by the paid dissension trolls perhaps it's time to take a deep breath and ask why the hell are we really so mad?  Why are groups fostering that kind of divisiveness and do we really want them to win?

2 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

Assessing causes of miscommunication, analyzing biases and backgrounds, identifying the true sources of a dispute and accurately labeling these items is a universally applicable process. Your military experience is irrelevant to the principles I noted... being that it's a bias which potentially inhibits your ability to listen to those protesting and accurately understand their message.

Hopefully, more people eventually develop the capacity for discernment and actually value the requisite humility and courage necessary to actively work towards understanding and filtering disputes in a manner that begins to resolve them. As of now, we are moving backwards at an astonishing rate and this fake controversy promoted by the POTUS for political gain and adopted whole cloth by so many is front and center.

None of that changes the fact that intent is irrelevant if the impact is negative.  The communication for better or worse failed.  I can speak on that because it affected me personally.  I feel disrespected by it and I know others do too.  

It doesn't matter to me that that wasn't their intent.  I can intellectually understand it but It still feels like a slap in the face.  

Edited by Justafan

1 minute ago, Justafan said:

None of that changes the fact that intent is irrelevant if the impact is negative.  

Irrelevant to what?

It's certainly not irrelevant to an accurate accounting of the actual cause and source of a dispute.

It's irrelevant to the message.  There is intent, behavior, and impact and they feed off one another.

The intent may have been noble.  Much of the behavior was not.  The final impact was negative in the eyes of many.  That is what is relevant and that is all I'm saying.

Edited by Justafan

Seems that Trump totally ignores  Abraham Lincoln's example (quotes):

“The best way to predict your future is to create it.”

“Those who look for the bad in people will surely find it.”

“Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery (personal note: lets change this word to BIGOTED in this matter), I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally.”

“I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have.”

“I would rather be a little nobody, then to be a evil somebody.”

“Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.”

58 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

You choose to protest at a time when it will be noticed because it brings attention to the protest, to make people uncomfortable and to (hopefully) cause them to reflect and consider the actual issues bring protested.

Then why not kneel on the field during the game itself?  Every time the ball is snapped, the protesting players all take a knee.  That would bring attention too.

While I think it's an interesting thought to suggest that these players aren't disrespecting our country by kneeling during the national anthem, further insight and analysis indicates that thought to be proven false.  These players do not respect our country.  They despise it.  In other words, fuck them.

Edited by Denali

16 minutes ago, Denali said:

Then why not kneel on the field during the game itself?  Every time the ball is snapped, the protesting players all take a knee.  That would bring attention too.

While I think it's an interesting thought to suggest that these players aren't disrespecting our country by kneeling during the national anthem, further insight and analysis indicates that thought to be proven false.  These players do not respect our country.  They despise it.  In other words, fuck them.

Are you PMSing?  Such an emotional outburst.  Come back after your cramps have subsided.

32 minutes ago, Denali said:

They do kneel after they score.

...to protest God, apparently.

20 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

Are you PMSing?  Such an emotional outburst.  Come back after your cramps have subsided.

He's just that caught up in the race baiting.

4 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

That's rather vague.

Absent examples of the bad behavior that has so soured you on protests as to render their intent meaningless, I really can't comment.

I’m not going down this rabbit hole with you. The kneeling was originally absolutely meant as a slap in the face to authority. It morphed and people have a right to protest. I and others also have a right to be offended by it.