Capitals

Little Earl

10 hours ago, Bink said:

I'm not shelling for the games but damned if I won't be in DC if there is a parade on Saturday. Gonna be a shit show. I might go down just to watch the game in Vegas at a DC sports bar. 

I cant believe I paid what I did but it was worth it. You should go down Thursday; Rocketbar is a good caps bar.

I'm in Las Vegas.  Not a very happy place.  I talked to a guy who said the Caps were the best in the league.  I said I thought the Jets and Preds were, what I heard anyway.  He was a Knights fan, but wasn't giving the West credit for being the best.

On 6/3/2018 at 5:43 PM, titanskick8851 said:

No screw them!

Go Vegas Golden Knights!!!

(I'm a Vegas native)

Honestly I don't care if Vegas wins or not, but I would love to see the Caps choke this away. But for starters, let's just hope for a game 6.

Edited by Oiler FANatic

15 hours ago, Number9 said:

I'm in Las Vegas.  Not a very happy place.  I talked to a guy who said the Caps were the best in the league.  I said I thought the Jets and Preds were, what I heard anyway.  He was a Knights fan, but wasn't giving the West credit for being the best.

I laughed at everyone who said Vegas was the better team top to bottom at the beginning of the series. The Caps have Ovi, Kuznetsov, Backstrom, and Carlson who are better than anyone on the Knights. Their defense is better top to bottom as well. They can roll out 2 top tier scoring lines and the 3rd line has legit talent in Ellers and Burakovsky. I honestly thought the Caps would win it all after getting by the Penguins and I believe that was true for the previous two years as well. It's nice to see them put it all together and do the little things it takes to win playoff games. I expect them to close it out tomorrow night. They are clearly better in evert facet of the game.

18 hours ago, Number9 said:

He was a Knights fan, but wasn't giving the West credit for being the best.

This year I would say the top teams are actually from the East. Preds were the only team I thought had a chance against any of the top-3 teams in the East (Tampa. Pitt and Caps IMO)... But they embarrased themselves this postseason where once it went down I figured it was all East.

2 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

This year I would say the top teams are actually from the East. Preds were the only team I thought had a chance against any of the top-3 teams in the East (Tampa. Pitt and Caps IMO)... But they embarrased themselves this postseason where once it went down I figured it was all East.

You couldn't convince anybody about that here.  I heard it over and over.  Preds vs Jets is for the cup.

Edited by Number9

4 hours ago, Number9 said:

You couldn't convince anybody about that here.  I heard it over and over.  Preds vs Jets is for the cup.

I totally see where people are coming from with that but I would never count out Pitt in the playoffs and I really like how Ovechkin seemingly has turned his game into a complete one.

By stats, I think those two teams were easily the best teams in the NHL I believe but there are just so many teams in the East this year that I would not want to take on in the playoffs because top-end star power and experience.

On 6/6/2018 at 5:17 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

Why is that exactly....

For one thing it would be hilarious to see them blow a 3-1 lead for the sixth time since their 5 chokes already lead all pro sports teams.

For another, I used to be an Islanders fan and what Dale Hunter did to Pierre Turgeon during the 1993 playoffs was criminal. In the 6th and final game of the first round, Turgeon stole an errant pass of Hunter's and subsequently scored the decisive goal of the series. As Turgeon was celebrating, Hunter came up from behind and checked an unsuspecting Turgeon into the boards. He separated Turgeon's shoulder causing him to miss the next 6 games.

They suspended him for 21 games, the most ever for an on-ice incident. IMO, he should have been banned for life for such a vicious and cowardly act.

Edited by Oiler FANatic

7 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

For one thing it would be hilarious to see them blow a 3-1 lead for the sixth time since their 5 chokes already lead all pro sports teams.

For another, I used to be an Islanders fan and what Dale Hunter did to Pierre Turgeon during the 1993 playoffs was criminal. In the 6th and final game of the first round, Turgeon stole an errant pass of Hunter's and subsequently scored the decisive goal of the series. As Turgeon was celebrating, Hunter came up from behind and checked an unsuspecting Turgeon into the boards. He separated Turgeon's shoulder causing him to miss the next 6 games.

They suspended him for 21 games, the most ever for an on-ice incident. IMO, he should have been banned for life for such a vicious and cowardly act.

Keep crying.