JakePA_Titan

Sounds like some players are not going to play this year in attempt to get Kaep and Reid signed.

If any Titans players pull this crap, then we better cut them immediately.  These assholes don't care about playing football.  Who the fuck needs them.  And yes, it doesn't matter which players.  Addition by subtraction.

Edited by Denali

I hope all the players strike, the owners go bankrupt, and the entire league folds. Less meaningless sportsball bread and circus for the masses.

27 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

If a player is stupid enough to sit out the season because of this then good luck to him, but he’s definitely proving the point that a fool and his money are soon parted. 

Man who doesn't think issue is a big deal says that strong reactions to the issue are stupid.

News at 11.

Just now, Jamalisms said:

Man who doesn't think issue is a big deal says that strong reactions to the issue are stupid.

News at 11.

That’s not what I said. If someone is willing to give up millions of dollars over this then they’re stupid. That doesn’t mean I disagree with their cause. I’ve consistently said the players have a right to protest while maintaining the reason Kaep isn’t signed is that no one wants a backup who will garner more attention than the starter. Nuance, learn it. 

Yeah, right.  

Even if we assume a few guys go through with it...that resolve will start eroding when they stop getting paychecks and start losing real money.

And even if the players are willing to do it...do they really think  their wives will quietly sit there letting their husbands miss out on a six- figure paycheck every week?

And I'll guarantee you every one of these players shows up by week 11.  The CBA specifies that six weeks on an active roster or IR counts as a fully accredited season...and the number of accredited seasons is the number one factor in determining a player's pension and eligibility for benefits once he retires.    There might be a few players who are willing to sacrifice money in the short term...but i doubt they'll agree  to take less money for the rest of their life.

2 minutes ago, nine said:

Yeah, right.  

Even if we assume a few guys go through with it...their resolve will start eroding when they stop getting paychecks and start losing real money.

And I'll guarantee you every one of them  shows up by week 11.  The CBA specifies that six weeks on an active roster or IR counts as a fully accredited season...and the number of accredited seasons is the number one factor in determining a player's pension and eligibility for benefits once he retires.    There might be a few players who are willing to sacrifice money in the short term...but i doubt they'll agree  to take less money for the rest of their life.

If they do it and aren’t an absolute stud they’ll never get another contract and have essentially forfeited their career. 

4 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

That’s not what I said. If someone is willing to give up millions of dollars over this then they’re stupid. That doesn’t mean I disagree with their cause. I’ve consistently said the players have a right to protest while maintaining the reason Kaep isn’t signed is that no one wants a backup who will garner more attention than the starter. Nuance, learn it. 

You thinking it's a bad decision doesn't mean it's "stupid". I wouldn't do it either but maybe the issue just doesn't mean enough to me. It doesn't mean that the players are stupid.

1 hour ago, Denali said:

If any Titans players pull this crap, then we better cut them immediately.  These assholes don't care about playing football.  Who the fuck needs them.  And yes, it doesn't matter which players.  Addition by subtraction.

Well, we clearly need them to field a football team.  They weren't getting fired because then there would be no product.  No product means billions upon billions lost.  It's freedom of speech.  Do I agree? No.  But your senile to think this way.

4 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

You thinking it's a bad decision doesn't mean it's "stupid". I wouldn't do it either but maybe the issue just doesn't mean enough to me. It doesn't mean that the players are stupid.

It’s actually the definition of stupidity. It will accomplish nothing and will lose them millions of dollars because they won’t ever be re-signed, unless they’re a top player.