Will we extend both Lewan and Conklin?

kyle021

We can’t pay top LT and RT money

i assume we extend Lewan and trade Conklin with one year left on his deal and replace him in draft and get a high pick.

Same goes for Casey in 2 years I assume... If Johnson turns it on as well as Jones and Casey is in his third year of his deal and still playing quality football... he may be subject to trade. 

Remember. JR loves trades and comes from a NE background where they trade elite players in their prime at end of their contract

10 minutes ago, Kyle021 said:

i assume we extend Lewan and trade Conklin with one year left on his deal and replace him in draft and get a high pick.

Same goes for Casey in 2 years I assume... If Johnson turns it on as well as Jones and Casey is in his third year of his deal and still playing quality football... he may be subject to trade. 

Remember. JR loves trades and comes from a NE background where they trade elite players in their prime at end of their contract

We did with Roos, Stewart, Mawae, one dude from Indy and even paid Amano.

30 minutes ago, Kyle021 said:

If the Cowboys can keep their OL together, then there’s no reason we can’t pay top LT and RT money.

46 minutes ago, headhunter said:

We did with Roos, Stewart, Mawae, one dude from Indy and even paid Amano.

We’re we also paying an all pro FS, three lockdown corners, multiple pass rushers AND a franchise QB?

no. 

Is Dallas?

no. 

1 hour ago, XanderMXIX said:

I assume after Mariota and Lewan we’ll be hurting a little. I anticipate Morgan and Rak will be fine after this season when their contracts are up. I could see us losing Conklin to keep Byard 

Or tag Lewan a few times, then trade him and sign Conk to RT money and flip him to LT on a RT dime

a few years before we have to worry about keeping Conklin, no guarantee he will be the same player after he returns from that ACL injury.

Lewan probably gets his contract extension sometime before the end of training camp.

while we won't be in the OT market next offseason, the 2019 draft looks to contain quite a few really good OT.

Lewan will be extended but his play has been far from stellar. He's not a top 5 tackle, not even a top 10. He routinely gets beat in pass protection, and his run blocking is hard to comment on because he's next to Spain and the jail breaks on the left side of the line have been so commonplace.

Overall I'd rank him in the top half of left tackles in the league, but he will get paid like a top 5 due largely to his importance to team chemistry and franchise marketing (he's the guy on the billboards after all). 

Conklin has been the better lineman since he's arrived here, so don't be shocked if in a few years the front office behaves as such.