Tesla's Future Poll

GOAT9

Tesla Poll  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What do you see in Tesla's future?

• They take over the EV market and become the largest automaker in history.
    • Bankruptcy.
    • Get bought out but remain a high value brand.
    • Bankrupt but too big to fail and bailed out by the government.
    • Other: Explain

So this will be a pivotal year for Tesla Inc. Several things happening this year.

Model 3 production ramp.

Several debts become due.

Many key Executive departures.

Several legal disputes over working conditions at factories, and autopilot accidents.

Increasing competition.

Credit downgrade. 

Increasing interest rates.

Much, much more.

There certainly is a demand for Tesla products but can Tesla find a way to meet demand without burning through all of its cash?

What do you think?

Someone would buy Tesla if it came to that. They have the kind of technology that is highly desirable either from a car company or a tech company with billions in money to spare. I could certainly see Apple or Google buying Tesla if they fell on hard times. Maybe even Microsoft or Amazon.

Also, don’t just think of Tesla as a car company. They are a huge player in the battery industry, the solar industry, as well as AI in as much as self driving car system go.

In the end, I think Musk would probably sell off a minority stake in Tesla to bring in more funds rather than sell his majority ownership unless they totally collapsed financially.

34 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Someone would buy Tesla if it came to that. They have the kind of technology that is highly desirable either from a car company or a tech company with billions in money to spare. I could certainly see Apple or Google buying Tesla if they fell on hard times. Maybe even Microsoft or Amazon.

Also, don’t just think of Tesla as a car company. They are a huge player in the battery industry, the solar industry, as well as AI in as much as self driving car system go.

In the end, I think Musk would probably sell off a minority stake in Tesla to bring in more funds rather than sell his majority ownership unless they totally collapsed financially.

I'm not 100 percent familiar with the business SpaceX is in so I cant comment on that, however, Solarcity was bankrupt and it is yet to be seen if that can be turned profitable. So far it is just one more thing eating up Tesla's cash. The big question is if Tesla can make all these things feasible. As interest rates go up and Tesla's credit rating drops, Musk will be forced to rely on Capital raises for cash. 

I could see them being bought out if the price is right. I could also see them getting bailed out because those big banks aren't going to want to lose their billions in investment. 

2 hours ago, GoaTTitanMcNair9 said:

I'm not 100 percent familiar with the business SpaceX is in so I cant comment on that, however, Solarcity was bankrupt and it is yet to be seen if that can be turned profitable. So far it is just one more thing eating up Tesla's cash. The big question is if Tesla can make all these things feasible. As interest rates go up and Tesla's credit rating drops, Musk will be forced to rely on Capital raises for cash. 

I could see them being bought out if the price is right. I could also see them getting bailed out because those big banks aren't going to want to lose their billions in investment. 

Tesla's investment in solar isn't just tied to Solarcity though.  They are a huge player in the battery production market that allows people with solar to go "off grid".

9 hours ago, abenjami said:

Tesla's investment in solar isn't just tied to Solarcity though.  They are a huge player in the battery production market that allows people with solar to go "off grid".

And where is this operation in their financials? What kind of margins does it have? How much cash is it using and producing?

7 minutes ago, GoaTTitanMcNair9 said:

And where is this operation in their financials? What kind of margins does it have? How much cash is it using and producing?

No idea. I haven’t looked into it. 

What I do know is their solar batteries are awesome and someone will acquire the tech if they are going under. 

• 5 weeks later...

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/tesla-set-close-dozen-solar-facilities-nine-states-n885791

Drama at Tesla is building rapidly lately. Employee is Whistleblowing, Musk calls him a saboteur. A fire at the Fremont Plant. An analyst has raised the idea that Tesla is hiding some of its cost of goods sold in other areas they shouldn't in order to reflect better Margins. 

And lastly, the continued failure of SolarCity. 

Tesla purchased SolarCity a few years back for a little over 2 billion. With this purchase, Tesla accrued an additional 2 billion in liabilities. Solar products have been making around 300 million a year in sales. This isn't enough to turn a profit for Tesla. 

When this is all said and done, Elon Musk will either be considered one of the greatest geniuses that ever lived, or he will be going the way of all the Enron Executives. 

4 hours ago, GOAT9 said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/tesla-set-close-dozen-solar-facilities-nine-states-n885791

Drama at Tesla is building rapidly lately. Employee is Whistleblowing, Musk calls him a saboteur. A fire at the Fremont Plant. An analyst has raised the idea that Tesla is hiding some of its cost of goods sold in other areas they shouldn't in order to reflect better Margins. 

Tesla purchased SolarCity a few years back for a little over 2 billion. With this purchase, Tesla accrued an additional 2 billion in liabilities. Solar products have been making around 300 million a year in sales. This isn't enough to turn a profit for Tesla. 

When this is all said and done, Elon Musk will either be considered one of the greatest geniuses that ever lived, or he will be going the way of all the Enron Executives. 

LOL at comparing a guy who has pioneered a green technology to people that negligently polluted the environment.

If Tesla somehow goes down in flames and doesn’t get acquired, it will be one of the most commendable business failures in modern history.

By the way, despite all of this, I just made a deposit on a Model 3 last week. 

1 hour ago, abenjami said:

LOL at comparing a guy who has pioneered a green technology to people that negligently polluted the environment.

If Tesla somehow goes down in flames and doesn’t get acquired, it will be one of the most commendable business failures in modern history.

By the way, despite all of this, I just made a deposit on a Model 3 last week. 

Im talking about in terms of investor fraud. If these claims turn out to be true, then Musk committed the same crimes that the Enron Execs did.

Also, if Tesla fails, I am sure its businesses will be separated and bought by those who see fit. But Tesla would join a long list of "Pioneer Green Tech" Companies that was a continued failure of being unable to produce anything practical or economical. 

13 hours ago, GOAT9 said:

I assume solar city is solar power at a grand scale and I really dont think thats ever possible.

14 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Tesla stock is reportedly way higher than it should be based on all the stuff I've heard. 

Avoid single stocks 

When I look at their financials, there is little doubt that TSLA is way overvalued. Yet Tesla has been one of the biggest gains over the years. It goes against every investing philosophy I have ever applied. I think that's why it grabs my attention. I am way too interested in seeing how it all unfolds and if I need to re-evaluate some things.  

Plenty of tech stocks are way overvalued based on their current financials. People investing in tech are mostly investing in potential future profit. Tesla would be pretty normal as a tech if not for their production issues with the Model 3.