CreepingDeath

Guns Used in Mass Murder in Texas High School

On 5/18/2018 at 2:29 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

What issue do you have with that tweet? 

It's impersonal.  It lacks compassion for the victims and their families. 

26 minutes ago, Number9 said:

It's impersonal.  It lacks compassion for the victims and their families. 

Lol come on. That's because it was when he first got the news. He has made numerous comments since then that was filled with compassion.

That's weak.....

On 5/18/2018 at 3:42 PM, chef said:

Yes, the overwhelming majority of gun owners would never do something like this, and yes, the guy might just go stab some folks too (a bunch less though on average).   But if this was breakfast cereal killing kids, you bet it would be coming off the shelf even if only 8 bowls a week actually killed people out of 1,000,000,000 bowls/week consumed (closer to 1,076,923,076, but close enough). 

I was telling someone, if ebola killed just this many Americans in a week the CDC would be activated.  This is just one of eight or nine school shootings this year.  Add Waffle House and wild van drivers, there's something wrong with us.  They should have physicians, psychologist and spiritualist working together to understand why, then look for ways to prevent.  That costs a whole lot of money, maybe as much as a fully armed naval ship!  

We should have long ago started to research why in a country with so much stuff, so many people are not happy.  What sense does it make for the richest country to let the top 1% control all the wealth?  It's a good deal for them, but is it a good deal for the country?  Could that be why we have so much poverty?  Is that why our roads and bridges are in such ill repair?  Are the best airports of the world all in countries other than America?  Are we a stoopid people?  Are we the largest christian nation?

2 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Lol come on. That's because it was when he first got the news. He has made numerous comments since then that was filled with compassion.

That's weak.....

You asked what was wrong with that particular tweet.  He should let his writers put together his statements because they are going to be scrutinized, especially in a horrible situation like a school shooting.

31 minutes ago, Number9 said:

You asked what was wrong with that particular tweet.  He should let his writers put together his statements because they are going to be scrutinized, especially in a horrible situation like a school shooting.

Well, if ppl want to criticize him for making a quick tweet to update ppl on a situation even though he didn't have all the info, they're just dickhead assholes that want something to bitch about.

There was nothing wrong about his tweet which enlightened ppl on what was happening.

40 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Well, if ppl want to criticize him for making a quick tweet to update ppl on a situation even though he didn't have all the info, they're just dickhead assholes that want something to bitch about.

There was nothing wrong about his tweet which enlightened ppl on what was happening.

I don't like arguing with friends.  But if I was a student or a parent of a student, I don't think the tweet would comfort me.  But we all are entitled to our own opinions.

22 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Yes, but they’re constantly glued to their phones and isolated outside of school. At least that’s what I’ve seen. Like I said, maybe I’m wrong, but to me we’ve come to a place where social media is outcasting people like never before, and I think it plays a fairly deep role in all of this. 

They learn it from adults. Adults are always on their phones too.

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

I don't like arguing with friends.  But if I was a student or a parent of a student, I don't think the tweet would comfort me.  But we all are entitled to our own opinions.

http://amp.timeinc.net/time/5282538/donald-trump-santa-fe-texas-school-shooting-remarks

Unfortunately, I have to begin by expressing our sadness and heartbreak over the deadly shooting at Santa Fe High School in Texas that just took place moments ago. We’re closely monitoring the situation and federal authorities are coordinating with local officials.

This has been going on too long in our country. Too many years, too many decades now. We grieve for the terrible loss of life and send our support and love to everyone affected by this absolutely horrific attack. To the students, families, teachers and personnel at Santa Fe High: we’re with you in this tragic hour and we will be with you forever.

My Administration is determined to do everything in our power to protect our students, secure our schools and to keep weapons out of the hands of those who pose a threat to themselves and to others. Everyone must work together at every level of government to keep our children safe.

May God heal the injured and may God comfort the wounded, and may God be with the victims and with the victims’ families. Very sad day. Very very sad.

Hopefully that would satisfy you?

The tweet you or others are criticizing was to simply bring awareness to the situation. It wasn't meant to be a comforting reaponse. Just a report to bring attention to it. 

People just love rushing into being judgemental.

The first words about the situation (in which Im sure he had little info on at the time) wasn't comforting, so he's an asshole? Seems weak and as I already mentioned, a judgement that was premature. 

Tweets from a president are official presidential communications and recorded as such by the library of congress. It’s not that we should be less sensitive to poor tweets from heir Donald. Rather he should be held accountable for his comments. Accountable,  remember that word Trumpers as you continue to fetch water.

So what is the point?  We had an overreaction to a tweet made before Trump had all the facts.  There was nothing wrong with it unless someone is hyper sensitive and hates the guy.  The issue here is simple.  Feel free to criticize Trump when it makes sense to but credibility is certainly in question when the guy gets bashed for doing nothing wrong.  The left looks like a bunch of idiots. 

On 5/20/2018 at 6:38 AM, OILERMAN said:

Your kid gets your gun and kills someone you get a felony. 

This.

But instead, the FBI is too busy fucking around with that other stupid bullshit.