CreepingDeath

Guns Used in Mass Murder in Texas High School

The world is a very interesting place these days. Everyone knows something is wrong yet no one can pinpoint the problem. Maybe it’s always been like this, but we are the first wave to be fully integrated into each other’s lives, and it’s fucking us all up because privacy is gone. This is especially the case for kids in schools. They all seem so sad and out of place, and the ones who aren’t sad seem to be the ones caught in the web the most. It’s all really weird when you think about it. 

10 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

Don’t catch you slippin now. 

The weird part is even Bob Marley saw there was opposition. He was much nicer about it than I have been. I’m not a religious person, but my prayers are we make some sense of all this and somehow  find a way towards discourse. 

OzTitan   

It's a uniquely USA problem, and while it may be hard to pinpoint the root cause, it's not hard to spot other uniquely USA factors - like a uniquely powerful gun lobby in the NRA.

Outlawing the NRA won't solve it, but their influence is part of the problem for sure.

7 minutes ago, OzTitan said:

It's a uniquely USA problem, and while it may be hard to pinpoint the root cause, it's not hard to spot other uniquely USA factors - like a uniquely powerful gun lobby in the NRA.

Outlawing the NRA won't solve it, but their influence is part of the problem for sure.

Guns are more than a symptom, but they aren’t the root cause. Something very strange is happening in our country. 

42 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Guns are more than a symptom, but they aren’t the root cause. Something very strange is happening in our country. 

It goes back to what I posted in my going away thread pre-ban. It’s the hate-based media. Rush, Fox News, InfoWars, etc. People are driven to hate other people. That’s why most of this happens. 

Then you give them guns...

44 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

It goes back to what I posted in my going away thread pre-ban. It’s the hate-based media. Rush, Fox News, InfoWars, etc. People are driven to hate other people. That’s why most of this happens. 

Then you give them guns...

Yeah, something like that. I think the media is also more than a symptom, but I don’t think it’s the root cause. I think it’s the interconnectivity. Nothing is personal anymore. 

10 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Yeah, something like that. I think the media is also more than a symptom, but I don’t think it’s the root cause. I think it’s the interconnectivity. Nothing is personal anymore. 

Social media is driving the hate, but I don’t see the lack of social interaction itself as driving gun violence. 

Denali   

In all seriousness, the only other thing that I can think of that has become more prevalent along the same timeline as school mass shootings is "political correctness".

Think about it.  I don't know how exactly, but I can't help but think that the two are related.

Edited by Denali

34 minutes ago, Denali said:

In all seriousness, the only other thing that I can think of that has become more prevalent along the same timeline as school mass shootings is "political correctness".

Think about it.  I don't know how exactly, but I can't help but think that the two are related.

sigh... Of course you do...

6 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Apparently neither does Congress because they seem to think doing nothing is a viable answer...

I honestly think theres nothing we can do. Too many guns out there already for a ban to be effective. 

Probably need an officer at every school in america. Clear book bags, Metal detecters. 

Btowner   
3 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

The weird part is even Bob Marley saw there was opposition. He was much nicer about it than I have been. I’m not a religious person, but my prayers are we make some sense of all this and somehow  find a way towards discourse. 

Considering that Marley died in 1981 and the majority of his songs were written in the 1970s, it's amazing how relevant his lyrics are to this day.

Ambush in the night:

See them fighting for power
But they know not the hour 
So they bribing with their guns, spare parts and money
Trying to belittle our integrity now
They say what we know
Is just what they teach us
And we're so ignorant
'Cause every time they can reach us 
Through political strategy 
They keep us hungry 
And when you gonna get some food
Your brother got to be your enemy

2 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Social media is driving the hate, but I don’t see the lack of social interaction itself as driving gun violence. 

It’s twofold. There’s a lack of actual personal interaction (have you talked to kids recently? They’re awkward as hell) to go alongside this constant judgement done on social media. Humanity has never experienced anything like this and our coping mechanisms  aren’t catching up quick enough. 

Maybe I’m totally off, but I don’t think so.