CreepingDeath

Guns Used in Mass Murder in Texas High School

14 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

They won't because they know they will lose.

It's not worth their effort and they know it.

Yeah they wouldn’t stand a chance.

12 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

If that's what you believe in, you should run on it. 

Yes, Congress should come together to deal with this. 

Like Jake said. Anyone that runs on that issue will not win. They stand no chance.

but I agree congress needs to figure something out. Texas gun laws for minors makes no sense. It’s illegal for them to be given a gun or buy one but legal for them to possess one... wtf. 

18 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

Yeah they wouldn’t stand a chance.

Like Jake said. Anyone that runs on that issue will not win. They stand no chance.

but I agree congress needs to figure something out. Texas gun laws for minors makes no sense. It’s illegal for them to be given a gun or buy one but legal for them to possess one... wtf. 

The gun law (if it is quoted correctly) is probably due to allowing a minor to hunt I would think.

31 minutes ago, IrishTitansFan said:

America cares about guns more than childrens lives

Who exactly?

Everyone already knows the government has no problem with people dying if what those people are dying from helps make them money.

My proof is cigarettes.

So who exactly are you trying to throw under the bus here?

Edit: how many kids under 18 get their hands on cigarettes?

How many of them are cutting years off their life for doing it?

How come people aren't fighting to ban cigarettes just as much as any other object responsible for taking lives sooner than they were meant to be taken?

Edited by JakePA_Titan

chef   

I think either we need to step up those prayers, or else God needs to get off his ass and do something about this.  I mean, every time this happens we pray like rabid MFers and this crap just keeps happening.  What gives?

Maybe God likes dead kids.  American ones when it comes to school shootings apparently.

Or perhaps we could do something besides pray.  Maybe God is up there (which is always funny to me given that there is no up, only away from our planet's gravitational center) shaking his head going "Hello?!  Shootings?   Guns?   You know, you have lots of them, and that's what they do?  Really need me to figure this one out for you?  Here, I'll send a link:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estimated_number_of_guns_per_capita_by_country"

Yes, the overwhelming majority of gun owners would never do something like this, and yes, the guy might just go stab some folks too (a bunch less though on average).   But if this was breakfast cereal killing kids, you bet it would be coming off the shelf even if only 8 bowls a week actually killed people out of 1,000,000,000 bowls/week consumed (closer to 1,076,923,076, but close enough). 

That's not saying remove all guns.  Just that in any other imaginable circumstance other than guns, we'd be doing something, anything, more than we have done.  I'll even say it was good that the idea of arming teachers came forward.  I mean, horrible idea, but at least it was not nothing.  Gets people talking if good or bad. Acknowledges steps should taken.  And they will be rough awkward steps, but it is the only way forward. 

Hardest part for our short-term minds to grasp is that we can/should have gun reform, and then we still get to have these things happen for a long, long time.  But eventually, you might see results.  In our political/news cycle, where two warm days in a row in winter means all climate science is now debunked, that kind of patience just won't happen. 

chef   
7 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

The gun law (if it is quoted correctly) is probably due to allowing a minor to hunt I would think.

It is.  And I  have lots of cousins that did/do.  I'm not much into hunting, but I know that family members have had some serious quality bonding time doing that, kids with dads/uncles/grandpas.  And - usually - nothing bad out of it.  Well, maybe not if you're PITA.

Part of what makes these discussions challenging: so many's personal experiences are so far from these horrific moments it just doesn't make sense, and the proposals threaten things that form core parts of their identity. 

9 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

I posted the law earlier in the thread. That is true about hunting but doesn’t apply to pistols. And IMO shouldn’t apply to any rifle meant for target shooting like AR15 or AK. I’m not sure what this shooter used but I bet it wasn’t a hunting rifle. 

2 minutes ago, chef said:

It is.  And I  have lots of cousins that did/do.  I'm not much into hunting, but I know that family members have had some serious quality bonding time doing that, kids with dads/uncles/grandpas.  And - usually - nothing bad out of it.  Well, maybe not if you're PITA.

Part of what makes these discussions challenging: so many's personal experiences are so far from these horrific moments it just doesn't make sense, and the proposals threaten things that form core parts of their identity. 

I hunt and know a lot of hunters. Im fine with minors being able to hunt because it’s great bonding with a parent or relative. But a lot of the guns that fall under the hunting category probably shouldn’t. No one takes an AR15 hunting. They are more used for competitive shooting.

2 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

I posted the law earlier in the thread. That is true about hunting but doesn’t apply to pistols. And IMO shouldn’t apply to any rifle meant for target shooting like AR15 or AK. I’m not sure what this shooter used but I bet it wasn’t a hunting rifle. 

I think they said he had a 38 and a long rifle. 

12 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

You’re as full of shit as a Christmas turkey. I killed five coyotes the other night with one. I’ve also killed bobcats, deer and more damn feral pigs than I can count with an AR.

1 hour ago, JakePA_Titan said:

What issue do you have with that tweet? 

Very minor effort/energy on his part as leader of our nation.  He posts more about inane bullshit when he feels personally attacked over minor issues.  

What is even the point of posting what accounts to the most bare-bones news brief?  He probably wanted an excuse to say "God Bless" at the end.  

1 hour ago, Soxcat said:

Our president is Donald Trump.  That is the issue.

There's truth to it -but of the two of is, you are way more partisan.

5 minutes ago, ManningEnvy said:

You’re as full of shit as a Christmas turkey. I killed five coyotes the other night with one. I’ve also killed bobcats, deer and more damn feral pigs than I can count with an AR.

Thank god!  I'm glad you're family is safe now.  I remember back a 100 or so years ago, those coyotes and bobcats, and deer and damned pigs would threaten whole towns.  All we had were mud and slingshots to keep 'em at bay.  I just don't know how we survived them times.  Golly.

4 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

Thank god!  I'm glad you're family is safe now.  I remember back a 100 or so years ago, those coyotes and bobcats, and deer and damned pigs would threaten whole towns.  All we had were mud and slingshots to keep 'em at bay.  I just don't know how we survived them times.  Golly.

Hey FistShaker, and this tard gibberish has what to do with “no one takes an AR15 hunting?”

8 minutes ago, ManningEnvy said:

Hey FistShaker, and this tard gibberish has what to do with “no one takes an AR15 hunting?”

Hurumph!  How dare you, good sir!  I am with you, friend.  Just last week I took my grenade launcher to remove some wasp nests.  Those muthafuckas are vicious and I feared for my life.  The HOA should thank me for my time and trouble.

9 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

Hurumph!  How dare you, good sir!  I am with you, friend.  Just last week I took my grenade launcher to remove some wasp nests.  Those muthafuckas are vicious and I feared for my life.  The HOA should thank me for my time and trouble.

That’s FistShaker’s way of saying political debates are much easier when you’re debating with yourself.