Guns Used in Mass Murder in Texas High School

CreepingDeath

9 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

The gun law (if it is quoted correctly) is probably due to allowing a minor to hunt I would think.

I posted the law earlier in the thread. That is true about hunting but doesn’t apply to pistols. And IMO shouldn’t apply to any rifle meant for target shooting like AR15 or AK. I’m not sure what this shooter used but I bet it wasn’t a hunting rifle. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yup and you know what makes this one different? 2 officers on site at all times plus a 3rd rover, extensive training for active shooter situations, and a kid with a super clean record. All GOP talking

What's laughable is not that no one knows what to do, congress banned research on gun violence, signed by Clinton no less.    The NRA owns the politicians although their grasp is getting wea

I think either we need to step up those prayers, or else God needs to get off his ass and do something about this.  I mean, every time this happens we pray like rabid MFers and this crap just keeps ha

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, chef said:

It is.  And I  have lots of cousins that did/do.  I'm not much into hunting, but I know that family members have had some serious quality bonding time doing that, kids with dads/uncles/grandpas.  And - usually - nothing bad out of it.  Well, maybe not if you're PITA.

Part of what makes these discussions challenging: so many's personal experiences are so far from these horrific moments it just doesn't make sense, and the proposals threaten things that form core parts of their identity. 

I hunt and know a lot of hunters. Im fine with minors being able to hunt because it’s great bonding with a parent or relative. But a lot of the guns that fall under the hunting category probably shouldn’t. No one takes an AR15 hunting. They are more used for competitive shooting.

2 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

I posted the law earlier in the thread. That is true about hunting but doesn’t apply to pistols. And IMO shouldn’t apply to any rifle meant for target shooting like AR15 or AK. I’m not sure what this shooter used but I bet it wasn’t a hunting rifle. 

I think they said he had a 38 and a long rifle. 

12 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

You’re as full of shit as a Christmas turkey. I killed five coyotes the other night with one. I’ve also killed bobcats, deer and more damn feral pigs than I can count with an AR.

1 hour ago, JakePA_Titan said:

What issue do you have with that tweet? 

Very minor effort/energy on his part as leader of our nation.  He posts more about inane bullshit when he feels personally attacked over minor issues.  

What is even the point of posting what accounts to the most bare-bones news brief?  He probably wanted an excuse to say "God Bless" at the end.  

1 hour ago, Soxcat said:

Our president is Donald Trump.  That is the issue.

There's truth to it -but of the two of is, you are way more partisan.

5 minutes ago, ManningEnvy said:

You’re as full of shit as a Christmas turkey. I killed five coyotes the other night with one. I’ve also killed bobcats, deer and more damn feral pigs than I can count with an AR.

Thank god!  I'm glad you're family is safe now.  I remember back a 100 or so years ago, those coyotes and bobcats, and deer and damned pigs would threaten whole towns.  All we had were mud and slingshots to keep 'em at bay.  I just don't know how we survived them times.  Golly.

4 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

Thank god!  I'm glad you're family is safe now.  I remember back a 100 or so years ago, those coyotes and bobcats, and deer and damned pigs would threaten whole towns.  All we had were mud and slingshots to keep 'em at bay.  I just don't know how we survived them times.  Golly.

Hey FistShaker, and this tard gibberish has what to do with “no one takes an AR15 hunting?”

8 minutes ago, ManningEnvy said:

Hey FistShaker, and this tard gibberish has what to do with “no one takes an AR15 hunting?”

Hurumph!  How dare you, good sir!  I am with you, friend.  Just last week I took my grenade launcher to remove some wasp nests.  Those muthafuckas are vicious and I feared for my life.  The HOA should thank me for my time and trouble.

9 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

Hurumph!  How dare you, good sir!  I am with you, friend.  Just last week I took my grenade launcher to remove some wasp nests.  Those muthafuckas are vicious and I feared for my life.  The HOA should thank me for my time and trouble.

That’s FistShaker’s way of saying political debates are much easier when you’re debating with yourself.

34 minutes ago, ManningEnvy said:

Yeah of course you can. But they aren’t standard hunting rifles. 

5 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

Yeah of course you can. But they aren’t standard hunting rifles. 

Depends on what you’re hunting. They’re used in the western part of the US all the time to kill vermin. Don’t think for a second that they’re not a popular hunting weapon.

8 minutes ago, ManningEnvy said:

Depends on what you’re hunting. They’re used in the western part of the US all the time to kill vermin. Don’t think for a second that they’re not a popular hunting weapon.

Yeah I’m more talking about game hunting than vermin. But I understand where you are coming from. 

34 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

Yeah so the 38 was illegal. The LR is a common rifle that probably falls under hunting. 

Hoddamn, you truly are a simpleton. Why don’t you go back and read the first sentence of the Texas law you posted. Don’t worry about the other two sentences because you’re too damn stupid to comprehend them.

12 minutes ago, ManningEnvy said:

Hoddamn, you truly are a simpleton. Why don’t you go back and read the first sentence of the Texas law you posted. Don’t worry about the other two sentences because you’re too damn stupid to comprehend them.

Yeah legal for him to have but illegal for any ways he could get it. He can’t buy it or be given it legally. So he must have stolen it(illegal), bought it illegally, or just found it on the street. It’s my whole point as to how fucking stupid the law is.