CreepingDeath

Guns Used in Mass Murder in Texas High School

Read somewhere that the art teacher (1st event) was/is (not sure of their condition) a former Marine.  

https://abcnews.go.com/US/active-shooter-incident-santa-fe-high-school-texas/story?id=55258606&cid=clicksource_4380645_3_three_posts_card_image

It has been happening everywhere. I wasn’t surprised it happened here,” one student told KTRK. “I was just scared. I just kept running.”

Our dear leader took time to tweet this masterpiece of the English language:

So who's up for round 100 (or so) of fruitless gun debate?  Does Russia's involvement with the NRA affect the discussion?

Edited by CreepingDeath

Apparently they have found explosive devices at the school. 

If the kid is in fact 17 he’s too young to buy a rifle or hand gun so it would have had to be illegally obtained. 

Here is the Texas law for possession of a gun by a minor. 

Texas Law:  

There are no state laws prohibiting a minor from possessing firearms, including handguns and semiautomatic assault weapons.  Minors do not even need parental permission to be in possession of a firearm.

No selling or giving firearms to minors under 18, unless for supervised loans of firearms or for limited lawful activities, such as hunting.

So it’s not illegal for him to have a gun but he can’t buy one or be given one. Makes sense.....

On Reddit someone mentioned that tomorrow is the school's graduation ceremony and then added this:  "Instead of arranging dinner reservations and family parties, some families may be instead looking into funeral homes and cemeteries."  

33 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

I say we make the NRA pay for every school to have private security if that’s what it takes to prevent implementing rational gun control measures.

Good luck.

Not their responsibility.

53 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

Read somewhere that the art teacher (1st event) was/is (not sure of their condition) a former Marine.  

https://abcnews.go.com/US/active-shooter-incident-santa-fe-high-school-texas/story?id=55258606&cid=clicksource_4380645_3_three_posts_card_image

Our dear leader took time to tweet this masterpiece of the English language:

So who's up for round 100 (or so) of fruitless gun debate?  Does Russia's involvement with the NRA affect the discussion?

What issue do you have with that tweet? 

40 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

I say we make the NRA pay for every school to have private security if that’s what it takes to prevent implementing rational gun control measures.

That's the job of the US gov. You could suggest that to the Democrats. Maybe its something they could run on.

19 minutes ago, Titansgoodluckcharm said:

That's the job of the US gov. You could suggest that to the Democrats. Maybe its something they could run on.

Well since republicans run the country for the next 2 years maybe they should do something about it. If Democrats ran on gun control all of the republitards would go insane. They screamed obama was going to take their guns for 8 years and he didn’t try once. I can’t imagine the outrage if they actually ran on the issue.

Just now, heyitsmeallen said:

Well since republicans run the country for the next 2 years maybe they should do something about it. If Democrats ran on gun control all of the republitards would go insane. They screamed obama was going to take their guns for 8 years and he didn’t try once. I can’t imagine the outrage if they actually ran on the issue.

They won't because they know they will lose.

It's not worth their effort and they know it.

4 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

If that's what you believe in, you should run on it. 

Yes, Congress should come together to deal with this.