North Korea, Kim Jong-Un shit all over imbecilic, fake, wanna-be alpha Donald Trump

'Nator

26 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

In all fairness, even though I hate the propaganda, the cowtowing, and the giveaways to Kim, I absolutely give Trump credit for trying. And not only trying, but personally sticking his neck out on this. He's smart enough to have known that he could end up with egg on his face one way or another on this. I don't care if it's Putin whispering in his ear, or whoever, the courage to give one on one diplomacy with Kim a shot to resolve a potential nuclear crisis is something I absolutely put in the ledger to Trump's benefit.

And hell, good on him for walking away when it was apparent there was no good deal to be had. Many many people thought and feared he would agree to a terrible deal just to save face and get praise. Those people were wrong. 

Except what he wanted out of it was probably headlines and maybe even take the spot light off Cohen. Didn't happen so he left in a huff.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sox, you start this rant with a blatantly racist comment about intelligence of blacks. Hard to get past that without shutting down on all arguments.   You then imagine that we separate peopl

What am I suppose to do with the commemorative coin Tux sold me?  

Pretty sure this is a thread about North Korea, not working class white people...   Next time you want to randomly bring up your criticisms of black people, you should perhaps stick to Storm

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Rogue said:

I tend to agree.  He made an effort.  My only reservation is the stroking of Kim's ego on a world stage.  You can go into this without talking about how such a great guy he is.  But, all indicators point to this is how Trump works, so I guess that's how he believes it all should go.  

I was fully ready to give Trump credit, but I can't get over the adoption of Russia/NK language when we halted military exercises with South Korea.  He labeled them "provocative", and dammit that's fucked up. Leaves our regional allies looking like idiots after they have been saying for generations that our military presence and preparation training was strictly for defense.  Words are leverage in diplomacy.

40 minutes ago, ben4titans said:

Kill hundreds of thousands of NK innocents and start a nuclear war. - The Party of Satan or Retards or Both

NK is a rogue regime. It has been said that any military action would initially be targeted strikes on NK nuke sites to take out storage, testing, and launch platforms. The response from them would likely not be good, and could very likely start an all out war, but to simply give no timeline to abandon their nuclear program is foolish in every way. Kim crumbled to the pressure of the US Military, which paved the way for the first Summit. He knows that 24/7 there is a US sub right off his coast that could wipe his entire country off the map by itself. Hope it doesn't ever come to this, but this needs to be taken care of now while we still have all the leverage. Russia and China have leverage because the have the nuclear capability to counter attack, which would result in mutually assured destruction for all involved. NK does not have that capability....yet.

1 hour ago, Former_Fan said:

NK is a rogue regime. It has been said that any military action would initially be targeted strikes on NK nuke sites to take out storage, testing, and launch platforms. The response from them would likely not be good, and could very likely start an all out war, but to simply give no timeline to abandon their nuclear program is foolish in every way. Kim crumbled to the pressure of the US Military, which paved the way for the first Summit. He knows that 24/7 there is a US sub right off his coast that could wipe his entire country off the map by itself. Hope it doesn't ever come to this, but this needs to be taken care of now while we still have all the leverage. Russia and China have leverage because the have the nuclear capability to counter attack, which would result in mutually assured destruction for all involved. NK does not have that capability....yet.

From the relevant reporting I don't think a first strike from the USA was feasilble unless our leaders wanted the deaths of thousands of SK and Japanese on their hands -- i.e. NK was ready to unleash all kinds of hell on them (Seoul 20 miles away)

We didn't force a summit -- NK has been begging for this for generations.

Edited by begooode

41 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

In all fairness, even though I hate the propaganda, the cowtowing, and the giveaways to Kim, I absolutely give Trump credit for trying. And not only trying, but personally sticking his neck out on this. He's smart enough to have known that he could end up with egg on his face one way or another on this. I don't care if it's Putin whispering in his ear, or whoever, the courage to give one on one diplomacy with Kim a shot to resolve a potential nuclear crisis is something I absolutely put in the ledger to Trump's benefit.

And hell, good on him for walking away when it was apparent there was no good deal to be had. Many many people thought and feared he would agree to a terrible deal just to save face and get praise. Those people were wrong. 

Well said. NK is an area where I'm apprehensive of Trump but like you, I appreciate that he's at least trying and doing so in a different way. I could do without all the "in love" bullshit that makes us look like fucking suckers in front of a regime that has no intention of playing ball though. Those assholes are using Trump to legitimize themselves on the world stage and it's working brilliantly. That said, none of Trump's predecessors were able to make headway with NK so if Trump does, it will certainly be a feather in his cap but also good for the world. My problem with Trump is that he's accomplished absolutely nothing so far but is strutting around like it's mission accomplished and his brain-dead followers are echoing this bullshit. Even when the asshole is working on something I don't necessarily hate he just has to trump it up. 

Just now, Soxcat said:

What is completely missed here is the ONLY reason Kim is engaging in these talks at all is because he fears a military response.  Trump toughness has brought him to this point and now it is his decision to play ball or get the shit kicked out of him.  That is what is so amazing about the libtard stupidity here.  Appeasement does not work.  Trump is giving Kim a chance. 

Full Soxcat - on display for all to see.

Just now, Soxcat said:

What is completely missed here is the ONLY reason Kim is engaging in these talks at all is because he fears a military response.  Trump toughness has brought him to this point and now it is his decision to play ball or get the shit kicked out of him.  That is what is so amazing about the libtard stupidity here.  Appeasement does not work.  Trump is giving Kim a chance. 

No, Trump elevated Kim to a player on the world stage. Kim, and his dad before him, has wanted a summit with a US president for a long time. Trump gave it to him.

NK doesn’t fear a military action because they know we won’t attack. They have a large military and can defend from a US invasion. They can wipe out Seoul in a heartbeat. The country that most fears US military action against North Korea is South Korea. And maybe now Japan, too, as NK has plenty of nukes that can easily strike them.

Again, I’m all for trying diplomacy with NK to get them to denuclearize. Clinton did it and they shut down their nuclear reactors. I’m for negotiating now. It’s just that Trump is a shitty negotiator and anyone rational knew from the start that he was going to fail to get them to give up their nuclear weapons program.

40 minutes ago, reo said:

Except what he wanted out of it was probably headlines and maybe even take the spot light off Cohen. Didn't happen so he left in a huff.

Eh, that is highly speculative. Maybe he left in a huff because he was frustrated with Kim's refusal to negotiate in good faith. We will never know the truth, so why assume the worst?

13 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

What is completely missed here is the ONLY reason Kim is engaging in these talks at all is because he fears a military responseTrump toughness has brought him to this point and now it is his decision to play ball or get the shit kicked out of him.  That is what is so amazing about the libtard stupidity here.  Appeasement does not work.  Trump is giving Kim a chance. 

Holy shit this is what you actually believe? Damn, that's funny/ 

36 minutes ago, begooode said:

I was fully ready to give Trump credit, but I can't get over the adoption of Russia/NK language when we halted military exercises with South Korea.  He labeled them "provocative", and dammit that's fucked up. Leaves our regional allies looking like idiots after they have been saying for generations that our military presence and preparation training was strictly for defense.  Words are leverage in diplomacy.

This was really really bad. And he called them "war games" or some such this time. In the absence of concrete deals, words and messaging is very important. Adopting the Russia/NK description of those military exercises is an unqualified win for NK.

21 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Not quite.  Kim used a US military response as the reasoning to develop the technology for a nuclear strike on US soil.  That's always been their reasoning.  But most likely it was to become a nuclear power and the benefits of being one.  

All the while Trump was being "tough", Kim still developed missile technology to reach the US.  Does it make more sense that Kim being scared of a US strike so he pushed the technology that would actually cause us alarm, or do you think it makes more sense that he continued pushing the technology to get us to the table?  

Think about it. 

Edited by Rogue