'Nator

North Korea, Kim Jong-Un shit all over imbecilic, fake, wanna-be alpha Donald Trump

15 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

What exactly is Trump going to give up to get NK to give away their nukes then???

NK is running out of money.   Once they denuclearize, we end sanctions.    If Kim is afraid of being outed by the military because he can't pay them, he will agree to this.  

ctm   
16 minutes ago, oldschool said:

@Little Earl is being reasonable. I think we are all skeptical and rightfully so. 

Trump will use this just like he uses the NAFTA negotiations…..constantly promising that success is right around the corner.  He's invited KJU to the White House.....another photo op.

'Nator   
7 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

NK is running out of money.   Once they denuclearize, we end sanctions.    If Kim is afraid of being outed by the military because he can't pay them, he will agree to this.  

I've thought of this -- a situation that has absolutely nothing to do with Trump, that would happen no matter who is president, due to specific things going on in NK that's forcing Un's hands. 

But mostly likely, Un is playing Trump because he knows he is a dummy and knows his psychology. 

Edited by 'Nator

ctm   
2 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

This is the fairest and most balanced assessment I can give of this summit.

(1) We agreed to meet with Kim, one on one, without concessions. I am fine with this. That is a win for Kim, but I liked it when Obama said he would sit down with Kim without preconditions, and so I can live with this.

(2) We agree to suspend joint military exercises with South Korea. This is not cool. This is a major concession. One of the biggest wants on the N. Korean side. But the most concerning part of this is Trump adopted Kim's language in doing so. Whereas we have always called these exercises "defensive," Trump referred to them as "provacative."

(3) Kim promises to work toward denuclearization. This does not have any teeth or meaning. This is not a concession.

(4) The parties agree to work towards the denuclearization of the "Korean Peninsula." What does this mean? It could mean everything from not having nukes on the peninsula, to not having nukes deployed in the theater, to not having any nukes with the capability of reaching the Korean peninsula.

By my understanding, we legitamized the Kim regime, made a major concession, praised Kim as someone who loves his people, and I am not aware of anything concrete we received in return.

But look at the bright side of the last few days.  We finally have a president with the guts to stand up to Canada.

12 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

Kim doesn’t care that his country is impoverished. The family has ruled over an impoverished country for decades. 

11 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

(1) We agreed to meet with Kim, one on one, without concessions. I am fine with this. That is a win for Kim, but I liked it when Obama said he would sit down with Kim without preconditions, and so I can live with this.

(2) We agree to suspend joint military exercises with South Korea. This is not cool. This is a major concession. One of the biggest wants on the N. Korean side. But the most concerning part of this is Trump adopted Kim's language in doing so. Whereas we have always called these exercises "defensive," Trump referred to them as "provacative."

(3) Kim promises to work toward denuclearization. This does not have any teeth or meaning. This is not a concession.

(4) The parties agree to work towards the denuclearization of the "Korean Peninsula." What does this mean? It could mean everything from not having nukes on the peninsula, to not having nukes deployed in the theater, to not having any nukes with the capability of reaching the Korean peninsula.

By my understanding, we legitamized the Kim regime, made a major concession, praised Kim as someone who loves his people, and I am not aware of anything concrete we received in return.

Good photo ops and pr though 

I am going to try to be optimistic because it's all we can do, and the world needs this to work out. But Kim has made and broken promises much more binding than this in the past, so color me skeptical.

Soxcat   
1 hour ago, Legaltitan said:

You miss the whole point on the military exercises.  We can start those up again in a second if we want to so this is something that Kim has to consider going forward.  If we see progress being made toward denuclearization (our definition of that) we can gradually start taking away sanctions and not re-start the exercises.   We can always return to business as usual if Kim doesn't want to play ball.  It isn't like Trump signed some treaty to not ever have military exercises or something.  IMO it was a good faith gesture to get the ball rolling.  Now see how it plays out. 

On 5/28/2018 at 5:25 PM, OILERMAN said:

This is why you can't argue with Trump supporters. Everyone knows all kinds of cabinet members have called him a moron, Tillerson didn't even deny it. 

Tell the Trump supporters the following, lets see how they defend him toward the following:

Trump started his term in office with approval ratings of 45% and equal disapproval ratings. Since then, his approval rating has slumped 8 points and his disapproval rating has hiked 12 points, in Gallup’s presidential tracker.

Reporters have written endless stories about the loyalty of Trump voters to their president, but these narratives do not square with the numbers. It’s very hard to get elected, or re-elected, with 37% approval.

For some context, it’s worth noting that Barack Obama was 22 points higher at this six-month stage of his presidency, in the middle of the worst recession in living memory. Gerald Ford was languishing at this level at the same stage of his presidency after he pardoned Richard Nixon, who left office in disgrace with 24% approval. At his current pace, Donald Trump will hit Nixon’s departure numbers in another 10 months. Just in time for the congressional elections.

Global confidence in the US has plummeted 42 points since Trump moved into the Oval Office. Only one country has gained anything like that amount of confidence in Trump’s America at the same time: Russia.

More Trump's flaws:

• Pulled out of the Paris climate agreement.

• War-torn Syria.
• Having dismayed most of the world.

• His actions at the G20 must had made more countries to cozy up with Putin, since Trump's decisions or plans aren't creating any confidence at him.

• In fact, the vice-chair of his own panel admits that he doesn’t know for sure if Trump’s votes were above board. (Tampering and he dwelled at length on the Russia investigation that is already undermining his entire presidency.)

• The provocations are not hard to find if you take Iran and North Korea at their word and ignore all the consequences of military action. Trump is especially expert at failing to see the consequences of his actions.

• Trump has compromised national security with the Russians so many times.

begooode   
23 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

You miss the whole point on the military exercises.  We can start those up again in a second if we want to so this is something that Kim has to consider going forward.  If we see progress being made toward denuclearization (our definition of that) we can gradually start taking away sanctions and not re-start the exercises.   We can always return to business as usual if Kim doesn't want to play ball.  It isn't like Trump signed some treaty to not ever have military exercises or something.  IMO it was a good faith gesture to get the ball rolling.  Now see how it plays out. 

Yes but, it's a bit harder for a country to re-start something they have labeled as provocative.  Words do matter in diplomacy and especially in that part of the world as I imagine South Korea felt somewhat slighted by the reference -- as they have been calling them defensive planning for generations.

Soxcat   

I agree it was a bad choice of words.  But does that really matter if Kim decides to back off his side of the agreement?  Kim has very little leverage here.  He is in a no win scenario with his nukes.  He has fire power he really can't use and he knows it.  Obviously our relationship with South Korea isn't changing. 

5 hours ago, Soxcat said:

This is were the bias really shows with the flakes.  What Trump accomplished is incredible.  Even a retarded monkey could see that but the left is below that level of intelligence.  Give Trump his due.  This is a colossal win for everyone.  And what has the US given up so far?  Billions like Obama handed to the Iranians to fuel their terrorism?  Oman is obviously a public servant and lacks any business vernacular in his postal job.  This is always the first step in starting any project.  Laying the framework and getting the commitments is a huge step.  Big win. 

I’m not a fan of how you type, but all of this is true. It’s impossible to not see this as a win for the world.

4 hours ago, oldschool said:

wasting your time, Soxcat is delusional. The truth is Trump was played by Kim and has now given up joint military exercises and basically agreed to the language NK wants regarding many other items without getting a single concession in return. This is Trump at his core, out of depth and more concerned about his image than the U.S. Kim got everything he wanted, to be recognized as a world leader equal to the President. 

What? They agreed to complete denuclearization...it’s right there in the document.