Sign in to follow this  
Number9

Toronto Raptors Fire COY.

Number9   

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23471720/toronto-raptors-fire-head-coach-dwane-casey-7-seasons

Dewane Casey, the most successful coach in franchise history, lost his job after consecutive second-round playoff sweeps to the Cleveland Cavaliersand being named the coach of the year in a vote of the NBA's 30 coaches.

*                 *               *              *              *               *                *                *                 *                 *                 *                  *                   *

Professional sports is a tough business.  Mike Mularkey took a team that had won just five games in two seasons to back to back 9-7 records.  Canned.  He took the Titans to the playoffs where they had not been in forever and his team won a playoff game.  Mularkey went 5-1 in his division.  Toronto's problem is they can't beat LeBron James, already a NBA all-time great.  The Titans lost on the road to the Patriots.  The Patriots are maybe the greatest dynasty,  greatest coach and greatest QB all-time.

JRob has made a gutsy move.  If the Titans don't make the playoffs for a couple of years no matter why, I think we may lose one of the best GMs in the business.  GMs usually get one shot.  JRob knows that and he still put his head on the chopping block.  

Edited by Number9

Number9   
6 minutes ago, scine09 said:

When you title a post about an NBA coach it really should go in a different part of the message board.

THANKS!!  I think it's related to the Titans coaching situation.  Lots of us wanted Mularkey gone.  Most all of us we glad he's gone.  But as far as wins and losses for coaches go, he wasn't the worst.  It's risky.

scine09   
18 minutes ago, Number9 said:

THANKS!!  I think it's related to the Titans coaching situation.  Lots of us wanted Mularkey gone.  Most all of us we glad he's gone.  But as far as wins and losses for coaches go, he wasn't the worst.  It's risky.

No it's not.  Firing a coach who has proven that he refuses to adapt is not risky.  What's risky is keeping him.  Because you have no chance at maximizing your talent with him on the roster.

Number9   
1 hour ago, scine09 said:

When you title a post about an NBA coach it really should go in a different part of the message board.

Well, now look what you have done.  No one will ever see it over here. :angry:

scine09   
1 hour ago, Number9 said:

Well, now look what you have done.  No one will ever see it over here. :angry:

Next time don't make your title about an NBA coach and you can keep it where you wanted it.

2 hours ago, Number9 said:

I agree, Mularkey got a raw deal (just like Munchak). Casey won't be out of work for long, hopefully he will find a team that appreciates him.

Number9   
14 minutes ago, Oiler FANatic said:

I agree, Mularkey got a raw deal (just like Munchak). Casey won't be out of work for long, hopefully he will find a team that appreciates him.

I think Mularkey was hard to work with, but all coaches should have say who's on their staff.  Firing a COY is a huge move that probably will end badly.  Memphis had a good coach, got them in the playoffs and they got rid of him.  Word was he was hard to deal with.  The Nets? grabbed him and Memphis hasn't done very well.  I think Vrabel has top HC potential, but it's still potential.

On 5/11/2018 at 8:18 PM, scine09 said:

No it's not.  Firing a coach who has proven that he refuses to adapt is not risky.  What's risky is keeping him.  Because you have no chance at maximizing your talent with him on the roster.

Its tough. You say he refused to adapt but he got the team further in year 2 than year 1 without "adapting". Even with his QB playing like ass.

Lets face it, a lot didnt want MM to begin with, so they continued to pound the drum for his firing. They were even hoping we didnt make the playoffs so it aould happen.

Lol. Bitch ass fans.

Brad Stevens should have been COY.

These awards have become a joke in all sports.

The only ones that mean something anymlre are the MLBs triple crown and others you acrually have to earn. 

The Raptors were #1 in the East by default.

Casey did not deserve it at all.