Point shaving in the NBA.

heyitsmeallen

I have always known point shaving was common NBA practice but last nights game was the most blatant act of point shaving I have ever seen. With about 6 minutes left in the Warriors vs Pelicans game the Warriors were up by 26 and were hitting on all cylinders. They couldn’t miss. Then all of a sudden they were air balling and throwing bricks left and right. At one point the Pelicans went on an 18-2 run to get the lead within 7 and at no time did the Warriors call a timeout.(when have you seen a team not try and stop a scoring run like that with a timeout?) with about 2 minutes left the warriors started playing again and got the lead back to 10. They had the ball at the end for an easy 2 point shot at the end of the game and just held it. The spread was -11.5

On 5/9/2018 at 8:15 AM, heyitsmeallen said:

I have always known point shaving was common NBA practice but last nights game was the most blatant act of point shaving I have ever seen. With about 6 minutes left in the Warriors vs Pelicans game the Warriors were up by 26 and were hitting on all cylinders. They couldn’t miss. Then all of a sudden they were air balling and throwing bricks left and right. At one point the Pelicans went on an 18-2 run to get the lead within 7 and at no time did the Warriors call a timeout.(when have you seen a team not try and stop a scoring run like that with a timeout?) with about 2 minutes left the warriors started playing again and got the lead back to 10. They had the ball at the end for an easy 2 point shot at the end of the game and just held it. The spread was -11.5

Makes you wonder about the good fortune for teams in all sports. How much of it was preordained?

8 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Makes you wonder about the good fortune for teams in all sports. How much of it was preordained?

Idk but i do know the jets were 9-0 going into tonight with the ref crew that was assigned.... make that 10-0 now. 

4 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Come on now. Sure, they can help, but they can't put the puck in the net for them and can't prevent Pekka and Soros from stopping them.

Nashville also had 24 giveaways. They beat themselves. For some reason, they weren't ready for the game.

Yeah they for sure didn’t show up at all. 

Archived