Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Lebron James greatest of all time

On 5/30/2018 at 3:01 AM, JakePA_Titan said:

For where LeBron will end up as far as his ranking among the all time greats, even if a lot do think he is the GOAT, he will easily be the one that disappointed the most. Without a doubt.

Now that he's with the Lakers (where he will disappoint all their fans), I have no doubt that you will actually be right for once about something.....:tongue:

On 5/7/2018 at 9:09 PM, Stan said:

Hands down greatest fuck Kobe fuck mike fuck whoever you got. I’m rooting for him to get ring number 4

LeBron may be greater than Kobe (it's still close), but he will never top Michael Jordan. The true GOAT of the NBA, hands down.

And that ring number 4 has still eluded him, while this year will probably be the last chance he gets at adding to his collection.

Despite the deceivingly hopeful odds being in the Lakers favor, it will be a far more difficult challenge for LBJ to get ring #4 than people think.

18 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

LeBron may be greater than Kobe (it's still close), but he will never top Michael Jordan. The true GOAT of the NBA, hands down.

And that ring number 4 has still eluded him, while this year will probably be the last chance he gets at adding to his collection.

Despite the deceivingly hopeful odds being in the Lakers favor, it will be a far more difficult challenge for LBJ to get ring #4 than people think.

I think Jordan v LeBron is far closer than Kobe v LeBron.

To me, what seperates Jordan over LeBron is not rings, or even his Finals record (as alot of ppl try to always argue when comparing the two) but PERFORMANCES IN THE FINALS.

To me... I have never seen Jordan choke in the Finals (and I dont mean that he has won rings everytime) but I mean his play individuality. 

The 2012 Finals series vs Mavericks is where LeBron black stint will always stick to his career., and these players are so close so you have to nitpick.

When you go and watch that Finals you can see how LeBron choked really badly. He wasnt even the best player on the court, not even the 2nd best. Not only was he outplayed by Dirk but he was outplayed by two other players the WHOLE NBA Finals series.

Without me looking up the stats -- LeBron was only averaging around 17 ppg the whole Finals series. Shocking right? Yes it is. And this was suppose to be the best player on Earth those years (he was still in his prime). I dont think I ever seen Jordan put upa performance like that on the biggest stage.

On top of that. You can also argue that Jordan was the better defensive player. LeBron has all the tools to be a dominant defense player [as he has shown] but he has also shown to take some 'plays off' and pretty much flop. Jordan never did that. Jordan 70% of the time  guarded the best player on the other side of the court. 

5 hours ago, Daqueef said:

I think Jordan v LeBron is far closer than Kobe v LeBron.

Not really, and I'm by no means a fan of Kobe, especially when he was still alive. But there is one thing that people always forget about, that's defense.

Jordan was NBA All-Defense first team nine times and he was also the defensive POY in 1988. He was the greatest two-way player ever, hands down.

Kobe was also first team All-defense nine times, just like Jordan. And was second team All-Defense three times as well. People always over look his defense.

But LeBron on the other hand, has been first team All-defense only five times (when he was at his peak 2009-2013). His defense was never close to MJ or Kobe.

9 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Not really, and I'm by no means a fan of Kobe, especially when he was still alive. But there is one thing that people always forget about, that's defense.

Jordan was NBA All-Defense first team nine times and he was also the defensive POY in 1988. He was the greatest two-way player ever, hands down.

Kobe was also first team All-defense nine times, just like Jordan. And was second team All-Defense three times as well. People always over look his defense.

But LeBron on the other hand, has been first team All-defense only five times (when he was at his peak 2009-2013). His defense was never close to MJ or Kobe.

I grew up as a Kobe fan and is the reason why I became an NBA fan. The guy was a furious competitor, no doubt. He was probably one of the best offensive players I have ever seen, but I never seen Kobe evaulate his players around him like Jordan and LeBron does/did. Kobe was an alpha scorer with a mediocre vision of the floor. Jordan and LeBron IQ for the game at all times of sensing players ability and reading the defense while attacking is what seperates the two, in my opinion. LeBron has shown to be a great defensive player, but he is lazy at times.

I remember that 2007 roster where the Lakers were beat by the Nash/Suns team and Kobe was so mad to a point where he requested Kupchak to trade him. But than people are so quick to blame LeBron on his departure from of the worst franchise that could ever draft an athlete, The Cleveland freaking Cavaliers. That '2007 Cavaliers roster was a freaking Dleague talented of a roster, Lebrons ability lifted them all the to the Finals. As much as I love Kobe I dont think he could ever made that team a serious contender, let alone take them to the Finals. 

Theres top 3 of all time and looking back an analyzing I dont think alot of good heads will put Kobe there.

There's the undisputed GOAT in Jordan.

Then you can either put Kareem or LeBron as 2nd best of all time. This one is really hard....

Then you either have Magic, Shaq than maybe Kobe?

Edited by Daqueef

21 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Would have been 9 times in 13 years playing time had he chosen not to come back at 38 years old playing for a trash wizards team.