Lebron James greatest of all time

Stan

13 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

I likely quoted the wrong post. 

you seem to have a liking for lakers with Kobe, Kareem and Shaq mentions for greatest players of all time. Anyone who wants to argue Shaq as being a top 5 player is a bias laker fan. The top of list is definitely dominated by laker players though. 

A biased Lakers fan? Uhhh no. Shaq was one of the most dominant big men in the league. Dude has changed so many rules due to his dominace. Theres nothing crazy about placing Shaq in top 5. 

And theres nothing wrong putting two Lakers players in top 5. Lakers franchise has been one of the best in pro sports. 

Anyone whos been watching Basketball for as long as I have would put Kareem in top 3. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It shouldn't have to be said, but Jordan wins the greatest of all time award.

Michael is by far the best professional athlete of all time. Nobody will reach his icon status, his competitive drive and will to win. Lebron is a cry baby that plays in an era with more cry babies th

Fuck LeBron James.

59 minutes ago, Daqueef said:

A biased Lakers fan? Uhhh no. Shaq was one of the most dominant big men in the league. Dude has changed so many rules due to his dominace. Theres nothing crazy about placing Shaq in top 5. 

And theres nothing wrong putting two Lakers players in top 5. Lakers franchise has been one of the best in pro sports. 

Anyone whos been watching Basketball for as long as I have would put Kareem in top 3. 

Shaq was dominate in his prime. He just didn't dominate at the end of his career. Probably played 4-5 seasons too many. He also could have dominated way more had he not been such a slap dick during the off season and early parts of the season. Thats why I don't think he belongs in the top 5. He could have easily been a top 5 all time player if he had wanted to be. So in terms of prime ability I could see the argument. 

Jordan, Kareem and Russell are mandatory top 5 IMO. Then there are another handful or so that could fill out the 4-5 spot. Lebron, Wilt, Magic, Kobe, Duncan, Bird, Shaq West, Robertson etc. 

7 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Shaq was dominate in his prime. He just didn't dominate at the end of his career. Probably played 4-5 seasons too many. He also could have dominated way more had he not been such a slap dick during the off season and early parts of the season. Thats why I don't think he belongs in the top 5. He could have easily been a top 5 all time player if he had wanted to be. So in terms of prime ability I could see the argument. 

Jordan, Kareem and Russell are mandatory top 5 IMO. Then there are another handful or so that could fill out the 4-5 spot. Lebron, Wilt, Magic, Kobe, Duncan, Bird, Shaq West, Robertson etc. 

It's arguable especially if looking at peak over anything else. 

Bird, Lebron, Magic, Duncan, Wilt over him easily. Hakeem should be on that list too over Went and Robertson--maybe even over Russell. In an era of dominant big men he was the best and dragged a pretty pedestrian 94 Rockets team to a chip

• 1 month later...
On 7/1/2020 at 7:33 AM, Daqueef said:

There's the undisputed GOAT in Jordan. Then you can either put Kareem or LeBron as 2nd best of all time. This one is really hard....

Then you either have Magic, Shaq than maybe Kobe?

LeBron's not even close to Kareem, it's not hard at all to decide. And putting a bunch of Lakers and no Celtics in the top 5 is west coast bias.

Larry Bird and Bill Russell are easily two of the top five players of all-time. And Chamberlain is probably ahead all of those Lakers except Kareem and Magic.

Most people also put Hakeem Olajuwon over both Shaq AND Kobe when they make their all-time list of top NBA players. Don't overrate Kobe and LeBron.

Edited by Oiler FANatic

• 3 weeks later...

Michael is by far the best professional athlete of all time. Nobody will reach his icon status, his competitive drive and will to win. Lebron is a cry baby that plays in an era with more cry babies that play zero defense. Jordan didn't go to his GM and ask for more help, didn't go to the owner to get his head coach fired. He simply wanted to be the best and did whatever it took on the court to win. I can't say that about Lebron. 

3 hours ago, headhunter said:

Michael is by far the best professional athlete of all time. Nobody will reach his icon status, his competitive drive and will to win. Lebron is a cry baby that plays in an era with more cry babies that play zero defense. Jordan didn't go to his GM and ask for more help, didn't go to the owner to get his head coach fired. He simply wanted to be the best and did whatever it took on the court to win. I can't say that about Lebron. 

Which is why you've gotta have respect for a guy like Dame. He's basically the only guy left in the league with that type of mindset.

• 6 months later...

The Lakers got one championship with LeBron, to go with the other 16 titles. Is he the greatest Laker of all time? Not even close.

Sure he is the greatest Cavalier of all time, but how many other noteworthy players has that team ever had? I doubt most people know any.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2021 at 10:55 PM, Oiler FANatic said:

Now LeBron's doing another Space Jam in his pathetic attempt to prove he's a good as Jordan, can't wait for it to tank at the box office. :laugh:

You're hate towards LeBron is noted.

On 7/4/2021 at 8:55 PM, Oiler FANatic said:

Now LeBron's doing another Space Jam in his pathetic attempt to prove he's a good as Jordan, can't wait for it to tank at the box office. :laugh:

It didn’t tank but it definitely wasn’t a good movie. The original Space Jam was easily better.