NFL top 100 players: Byard #80, Lewan #78, Walker #72, Casey #66

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Casey #66

I stopped paying attention when Carlos Hyde was 97th. How in the blue hell is Carlos effin Hyde a top 100 player? Total non homer here, both our backs blow Hyde away. It's not even close. The Niners p

I personally think the biggest problems with the offense last year was Mariota's erratic play, Murray being washed up and injuries/youth at WR. Decker as the X most of the year and no real #3 WR. The

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, headhunter said:

He had a terrible season

Yeah, I know he did. 

But just from a pure value perspective, he's the most valuable player on the team of course and is widely considered a franchise QB by many people. At the same time though, he's not the best player on the team at his respective position if you know what I mean. Lewan may be the best or 2nd best LT in the game, Walker might be the 3rd or 4th best TE, Casey might be a top 5 DT, whereas Mariota might be like the 9th-12th best QB or something along those lines.  

And that's how these lists are constructed I suppose.

8 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Yeah of course it's based on that but what the player has done as a career and what he is expected to do all play into how these guys will play in 2018.... Which is what the voting actually is.

why do you think its not named the 2017 list?

Because the list is made in 2018. Its based on the 2017-2018 season though. If you think it’s to hype players for next year how do explain OBJ coming in at 77? 

14 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Because the list is made in 2018. Its based on the 2017-2018 season though

It's based a lot on the 2018 season but you're insane if you think this is simply just players using (and supposed to) ONLY that year in their judgement.

The NFL puts this out as a hype video for the 2018 season and nothing else. It's not meant to be any accolade like pro bowl voting.

14 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

If you think it’s to hype players for next year how do explain OBJ coming in at 77? 

How do you explain him being in the top 100 at all after the 2017 season? How do you explain the others? Players are idiots and we know damn well this and probowl voting is a popularity contest and nothing else but clearly the players didn't vote on these results based on the 2017/18 season. That was really my point. It was never voted how you guys are perceiving it to be. It's how good the players think they are... currently (in the 2018 NFL season).

Edited by wiscotitansfan

6 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

It's based a lot on the 2018 season but you're insane if you think this is simply just players using (and supposed to) ONLY that year in their judgement.

The NFL puts this out as a hype video for the 2018 season and nothing else. It's not meant to be any accolade like pro bowl voting.

How do you explain him being in the top 100 at all after the 2017 season? How do you explain the others? Players are idiots and we know damn well this and probowl voting is a popularity contest and nothing else but clearly the players didn't vote on these results based on the 2017/18 season. That was really my point. It was never voted how you guys are perceiving it to be. It's how good the players think they are... currently (in the 2018 NFL season).

Because it’s a massive popularity contest. Idk how you can come to a conclusion that it isn’t based on the results of last year. You really think delanie would come in better than OBJ? Obj in 4 games gets more respect from players because it’s a popularity contest. Just like when JJ Watt was in the list when we missed pretty much the whole year. They are names and that’s how they got on it.

I think you are wrong you think we are wrong. I really don’t care about it to argue with you further. The list is stupid regardless of how they come up with it lol

10 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

I think you are wrong you think we are wrong. I really don’t care about it to argue with you further. The list is stupid regardless of how they come up with it lol

So I looked it up, Calvin Johnson is not on the 2016 top 100 and his last season was the 2015/16 season.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

21 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Yea retirement you are out.  Injury for the year you might still make it.

That's my point. It clearly takes the next year into effect since it's not like Calvin Johnson retired like Andre Johnson and was completely useless his final year.

The only reason Calvin Johnson wasn't in the top 100 of 2016 is because it's the 2016/17 season... not the 2016 playoffs

8 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

So I looked it up, Calvin Johnson is not on the 2016 top 100 and his last season was the 2015/16 season.

If you look up the Wikipedia for nfl top 100 is states that it’s based on projections for the upcoming season. So you are right. But now it makes me thinks these players are even bigger idiots for having someone like obj where they do. 

10 hours ago, headhunter said:

He had a terrible season

And he won a playoff game.   Think about that for a moment.  Smith had an awesome yr lost a playoff game and is now Redskin.  If Carr or Winston is on the list I laugh.  If Bortles is on the list I laugh.  

2 minutes ago, Bongo59 said:

And he won a playoff game.   Think about that for a moment.  Smith had an awesome yr lost a playoff game and is now Redskin.  If Carr or Winston is on the list I laugh.  If Bortles is on the list I laugh.  

Bortles won a playoff game too