ben4titans

Where do we go from here? Post Mueller coup recovery

16 minutes ago, MadMax said:

Lot to lose there, you'd just come back as GenuineTitanFan (GTF) or UltimateTitanFan (UTF) or DoubleTimeFan (DTF) maybe even CasualTitanFan (CTF)..  Well, you probably won't use that last one..  

I would hold up my end of the bargain. No new username.

What's say you Pussyman? Eh, @OILERMAN 

2 hours ago, oldschool said:

It's crazy to assume collusion is in the bag at this point. Obstruction is a slam dunk though.

Obstruction has been in the bag for a little while now. I was in the camp that collusion could never be proven but with the information about Cohen and contacts from the Trump campaign to Russia, there might actually be some tangible evidence.

1 hour ago, Soxcat said:

Not even close for obstruction unless there is far more than we already know.

Far from a slam dunk and probably closer to a hail Mary toss from the end line hoping to get lucky.

https://www.vox.com/2018/1/25/16868268/trump-obstruction-of-justice-mueller

slam dunk legally, whether congress acts on it without knowing if a crime was really committed or not is another story.

37 minutes ago, oldschool said:

slam dunk legally, whether congress acts on it without knowing if a crime was really committed or not is another story.

I’m not sure why this is so hard to grasp. They couldn’t remove Clinton on obstruction. They won’t remove Trump on it. That would be best anyways, as he gets neutered, and hopefully the Democrats get their heads out of their ass and I don’t know run the Rock or some shit so we can get this asshole out of office. 

They are going to have to find more than just the obvious obstruction for firing Comey to actually impeach Trump. They will need to find collusion with Russia (or money laundering, election fraud, hacking, whatever) that he is trying to cover up.

That’s what Mueller is investigating...

2 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

They are going to have to find more than just the obvious obstruction for firing Comey to actually impeach Trump. They will need to find collusion with Russia (or money laundering, election fraud, hacking, whatever) that he is trying to cover up.

That’s what Mueller is investigating...

They can and will impeach on obstruction if the Dems win in 18. They won’t remove him, but he’s definitely getting impeached if they win the House. 

Saying obstruction is in the bag is lunacy.  Collusion is even more of a reach.  So what is the point here?

Comey is a liar and leaked.  In lib circles that doesn't even get you a reprimand.  For Trump, you are fired and that is the way it should be.

Comey is another lib darling.  Isn't he wonderful? 

11 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

They can and will impeach on obstruction if the Dems win in 18. They won’t remove him, but he’s definitely getting impeached if they win the House. 

Honestly, I don’t think they will. Don’t get me wrong, plenty of Democrats would support it but remember there will be plenty of Democrats from red states who can’t support that. And there will be plenty of rational Dems who say they won’t impeach without reason. 

Also, they probably would rather run against a weakened Trump in 2020. Let the investigation continue.

5 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Honestly, I don’t think they will. Don’t get me wrong, plenty of Democrats would support it but remember there will be plenty of Democrats from red states who can’t support that. And there will be plenty of rational Dems who say they won’t impeach without reason. 

Also, they probably would rather run against a weakened Trump in 2020. Let the investigation continue.

You might be right that they lack support.  I think they try though.  It might even be a mistake if they don't have some serious goods because it will all come out and if it's as weak as Republicans seem to be convinced it is, it will give the Republicans plenty of ammo going into 2020.

If they seriously think Trump is a danger to the country (like starting wars) they they could vote to impeach.

But barring that, I don’t see any kind of impeachment getting enough support without serious evidence of wrongdoing. They know they would need public support.