Two Tone Crew Podcast Update

Jonboy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Jonboy, thank you for being a reliable and driving force behind one of the things I am most proud of about this place. In addition to being a steady, knowledgeable, and reliable Titans voice who, alo

Also he’ll start a thread about how he and @TitansGuru have decided to join forces and start a new messageboard over at jonboy.com killing this one in the process without letting anyone know. We’ll al

Titantez and Jake should absolutely be the new hosts. 

19 hours ago, TitansGuru said:

@Jonboy, thank you for being a reliable and driving force behind one of the things I am most proud of about this place. In addition to being a steady, knowledgeable, and reliable Titans voice who, along with Scotty and Jamal, have put in a ton of hard work and brought credibility to the podcast. On top of that, you're just a good freaking dude.

For those who don't know, Jonboy typically is the one who puts the final video up online. He's in the East Coast time zone, meaning it keeps him up late sometimes with work the next day. Luckily, we cut the editing down to basically nothing. I remember the first few seasons we would spend hours editing it. Thank goodness we stopped that, but there were nights that it kept us (usually Jonboy) up until 2:00am or later.

He comes from a journalism background and put in time with Titans Radio as an intern. He's the real deal, and I thought I would only have him for a year or two before some company hired him away to do radio or print. So, if any of you are reading this and have a position available at a real company (bloggers and fan sites stay away...Jonboy deserves a step up) I invite you to click the podcast tab and check him out. He's the one who sounds like he really belongs.

You continue to be a driving force behind the discussions here, and I know that will remain the same.

Regarding the podcast, it will not die. It will live on and will evolve. Hopefully some  new ideas will get you hooked back in some regular capacity.

The four of us will figure out next steps. Meanwhile, if anyone has an idea for the show or would consider stepping in as part of the team on one-time or ongoing basis, send a PM to all four of us: @Jonboy @Jamalisms @OILERMAN and @TitansGuru.

Again, thank you @Jonboy, @OILERMAN, @Jamalisms, and everyone who listens. We'll keep this thing going.

Joshua

giphy.gif

In all seriousness, this is starting to feel like a goodbye, which I didn't intend, lol. 

That being said, now would seem an appropriate time to say it has been an honor (LANDRY!) and privilege to do this podcast for so long. 

In some ways, we accomplished more than I could have ever imagined (interviewing PK/Wyatt/McClain, doing a live draft show, making more than 150 shows, etc.). In other ways, I feel like the podcast has been getting stagnant. I think we've all felt it, but we're all adults with lives and where it's just a hobby for us, we haven't really had the energy/time to take things to that next step.

@OILERMAN Thanks to you for stepping up and being that reliable 3rd voice we needed when Josh had to take a step back.

@TitansGuru I’m honored you agreed to let this happen in the first place. Thank you for providing the platform to get this thing going and for your support of the show over the years. I also appreciate your words of encouragement, motivation, and new ideas you brought to the show.

@Jamalisms The show wouldn’t have survived without you. Plain and simple. There were several weeks when you and I were the only ones on the show, but we managed to keep the conversation flowing and to keep the podcast going. You were a great co-host and I feel like we really nailed down our chemistry as the years went on. We could bounce topics back and forth pretty effortlessly once we got to know each other.

7 hours ago, TampaTitan said:

@Jonboy are you looking to get out altogether, or will you still jump in here and there? Gonna be weird without you for sure. . 

I would love to be on as a guest or even as a lead host from time to time. I just don't feel that I'm the best person to be "leading the charge" anymore. The way things have been, if I couldn't be free for a podcast on a given week, then it probably wouldn't happen. This isn't putting any fault on the other guys...I asked for the responsibility and welcomed it. I just can't shoulder those leadership responsibilities anymore. 

I think this podcast can be huge. Guru, Jamal, and myself had a pretty grand vision for it and we've made significant steps toward that. But I think it can be even better if we could find someone with the energy, passion, and knowledge for such a project.

The podcast is much appreciated by myself, the content is top notch almost 100% of the time, insight is good even if you don't agree with it.

JonBoy's production is very slick, if it is taking too much time, for my purposes,  it would be fine to be a lot rougher. Take a look at other formats that are less slick. For example, Kuharsky stands up there, talks a bit and fields a few questions of his choosing from the crawl. I don't see any need for visuals, just talking, Oilerman and at least one other host take typed questions on a scroll, choose which question to respond to and chat away.

I would volunteer and help any way I can, but I don't have near the insight guys like Oilerman, Code and others have, so I listen. 

cheers, Tex