How Trump Wins by Bashing the News Media

reo

It's interesting the liberal media bias was originally based on local nightly news.  This spawned Foxnews.  Ironically, watching all of the local nightly news, even the Fox affiliate, is immensely better than CNN, MSNBC, and FOX cable news programs, at least in terms of their opinion segments.....which is their most popular.  

It really doesn't take much discernment to see what is reported as being fair or if it's biased.  Opinion shows are biased.  Selective facts are biased.  If you find your favorite source of news are opinion, or clearly one sided, YOU are biased.  

We are miles beyond cable opinion news and local affiliates.  Left and right wing rags are abundant.  The partisans choose their news sources that affirm their beliefs.  

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's disgusting and disheartening that so many politicians are putting party-before-country to allow this to happen.  I don't even know how to describe the Republicans that desire to stand against thi

I will say Cosby is getting a lot of negative press today. Media is so bias. Can't they balance it with equal amounts of positive news?   /sarcasm

Conservatives have been attacking the “liberal media” for decades. At least back to the Nixon days. They hate the media exposing them.   But back then people couldn’t just tune out the real

29 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

It’s going to come to a head at some point. 1/3rd of our electorate gets their news from FB and total bullshit news sources. Something has to give.

I don't know man, I think that number may be higher.  Left, right, and those in the middle jump off their social media to "news", and it's set up to guide them to their preferences.  

1 hour ago, Rogue said:

I don't know man, I think that number may be higher.  Left, right, and those in the middle jump off their social media to "news", and it's set up to guide them to their preferences.  

It’s a real problem. I’m not sure what to think of it at this point.

10 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I'm with you.  We see Twitter posts from both sides of the aisle as "news".  And that's just Twitter posts.  Sometimes it might be true, but mostly it just seems to be affirmation posts.  

We've entered a new age of news, and I'm not sure the country, as an elective unit, is personally honest enough to navigate it.  

Edited by Rogue

9 hours ago, Starkiller said:

It’s a shame the liberal media always cover up scandals by Democrats and there is zero negative coverage. 

Who was the dem accused of killing the intern and turned out to be innocent? It was covered for months around the clock, then 9-11 happened

9 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

9 hours ago, Rogue said:

I'm with you.  We see Twitter posts from both sides of the aisle as "news".  And that's just Twitter posts.  Sometimes it might be true, but mostly it just seems to be affirmation posts.  

We've entered a new age of news, and I'm not sure the country, as an elective unit, is personally honest enough to navigate it.  

Propaganda, spin and cognitive bias aren't new though. North Koreans believe some crazy shit about their leader. Putin still has a pretty high approval rating. Hell, there's a reason German citizens were forced to walk through concentration camps after WW2. They didn't believe it was real.

Our defense for the past century has primarily been the free press. There wasn't a great avenue to reach American citizens with wide scale propaganda. Fox News started it and has gotten more and more blatant over the years but the internet, Facebook and Twitter has made it worse. It's concerning moving forward but it's not a new problem per se.

No one really self identifies as liberal, lefties will call themselves progressive.  There's a corporate bias in the news media but it's not particularly leftist.