Prediction Time: Who Will the Titans Take at 25?

Jonboy

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm glad we made the playoffs and won a game

I have no idea why people respond to tez

This draft sucks.

2 hours ago, AvgJoe said:

I would like to add though that I’ve heard we brought in Maurice Hurst for a visit that’s unreported. He’d be my wild card.

If this is true it would be awesome.  

Hubbard would be absolutely despressing to me. Not because of the so called lack of athleticism, which I think is actually overstated.  His 3 cone was excellent & his vert & broad jumps were very good. I can't find what his 40 was at the pro day but it's obvious he's plenty good enough an athlete. My problem is he just isn't that good a football player. His production is the definition of meh....

1 minute ago, THE_TITAN said:

Reid and Sweat would be mid-2nd round picks in decent drafts. Sweat has one of the slowest getoffs that I've ever seen in a pass rusher.

It's hard to assess Sweat's getoff because of what he was asked to do at FSU.  Much more often than not he was instructed to play the inside shoulder of the tackle.  His read was then on what the tackle did rather that a jump at the ball snap.  On those occasions when he was lined up outside and read the snap, then his getoff the line to the QB has been described as much better.

At least that's what I have heard.   pro

7 minutes ago, Face said:

Hubbard would be absolutely despressing to me. Not because of the so called lack of athleticism, which I think is actually overstated.  His 3 cone was excellent & his vert & broad jumps were very good. I can't find what his 40 was at the pro day but it's obvious he's plenty good enough an athlete. My problem is he just isn't that good a football player. His production is the definition of meh....

I'm not advocating for Hubbard, in fact I don't even have a preferred player this draft, just hoping for the best player we can get, but I think drafting in the top of the 1st for so long has maybe jaded us. 

If Hubbard were the prospect that we want him to be in order for us to draft him, he almost certainly wouldn't be available to us at 25th in the first place. 

7 minutes ago, prometheus said:

It's hard to assess Sweat's getoff because of what he was asked to do at FSU.  Much more often than not he was instructed to play the inside shoulder of the tackle.  His read was then on what the tackle did rather that a jump at the ball snap.  On those occasions when he was lined up outside and read the snap, then his getoff the line to the QB has been described as much better.

At least that's what I have heard.   pro

I've read this often but it makes me wonder. How good are their other edge rushers if Sweat is asked to play in this roll? He's a freakish athlete that we want rushing the passer, as a 1st rd pick no less, yet FSU has him playing in this conservative role?

1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Our draft slot sucks. Unfortunate side affect of making the playoffs and winning a game... which, in the long term probably wasn't that great of a thing to have happen. I mean, we wound up firing Mularkey anyway and changing out the whole staff. Would have been better for the team to lose that last regular season game and miss the playoffs because we'd have been picking at least 5 picks earlier and maybe even picking at 18 again like last year.

But at least we got to see Mariota toss a touchdown pass to himself and witness Corey Davis score both his first two touchdowns against the Patriots.

That’s a crazy way to look at things. Team experience of winning on the road in the playoffs is invaluable. Plus we still canned Mularkey. This was the best scenario. 

1 hour ago, Huston said:

Ill take a road playoff win and a second playoff game over five draft slots every time.

It seems some have forgotten that the point of the game in to win not get high draft picks. Years of ineptitude will do that to a fan base.