Prediction Time: Who Will the Titans Take at 25?

Jonboy

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm glad we made the playoffs and won a game

I have no idea why people respond to tez

This draft sucks.

15 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

I would like to add though that I’ve heard we brought in Maurice Hurst for a visit that’s unreported. He’d be my wild card.

If the team is good with his medicals, I'd love the pick. The talent/ability is obvious. But if he's there at #25, that probably means he was removed from a number of draft boards as a result of the medical issue.

I was pretty much 100% (- chance I was completely wrong about everything) convinced they would go WR with their first pick last year. I'm 90% confident first pick this year will be an OLB. I called Sam Hubbard four and a half weeks ago, and I haven't seen reason to change my mind yet.

It's obvious that JRob and a number of other GMs want to trade down.  By the time that 25 comes around I think that teams wanting to trade up will have already done so.  If, however, there is a really attractive OL still on the board, the Titans might work out something advantageous.  

If not, then Evans or Reid or Landry ... whoever is there.  I don't like Hubbard for some unaccounted for reason.

If a trade does work out, then I have no idea.

pro

1 minute ago, THE_TITAN said:

This draft sucks.

Our draft slot sucks. Unfortunate side affect of making the playoffs and winning a game... which, in the long term probably wasn't that great of a thing to have happen. I mean, we wound up firing Mularkey anyway and changing out the whole staff. Would have been better for the team to lose that last regular season game and miss the playoffs because we'd have been picking at least 5 picks earlier and maybe even picking at 18 again like last year.

But at least we got to see Mariota toss a touchdown pass to himself and witness Corey Davis score both his first two touchdowns against the Patriots.

@Huston

9 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

I'm glad we made the playoffs and won a game

I enjoyed the shit out of it the same as anyone else, but I'm not going to lie to myself. It may cost the team a better player or a better chance at trading down for more picks in the draft. Those handful of draft slots may not mean shit to you two, and it may not make much of a difference down the road because JRob has proven to be pretty good at his job, but like it or not it's the truth.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

28 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

@Huston

I enjoyed the shit out of it the same as anyone else, but I'm not going to lie to myself. It may cost the team a better player or a better chance at trading down for more picks in the draft. Those handful of draft slots may not mean shit to you two, and it may not make much of a difference down the road because JRob has proven to be pretty good at his job, but like it or not it's the truth.

The experience and bonding of the team means a million times more than a few draft slots. Mariota certified himself as the unquestioned leader of the team with his effort against Jacksonville at the end to go with the phenomenal comeback. You’re not right about this.